Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the update coming this week?

-Krism-

1 minute ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I don’t play Genshin Impact, but I don’t understand why people write the entire game off just because of a gacha mechanic.

Yes, it’s gambling, but most gacha games are hollow experiences designed solely to get your money.

That's exactly why people write the entire game off.  The fact that it's from a Chinese company and comes with a host of mechanics, and art designs related to that, along with worries about privacy concerns is yet another layer.  It's a game from a possibly untrustworthy developer in a generally despicable genre.  Most people don't care enough to give it the benefit of the doubt.  Is it a possible exception?  Don't know, don't care.

Just now, EmberStar said:

That's exactly why people write the entire game off.  The fact that it's from a Chinese company and comes with a host of mechanics, and art designs related to that, along with worries about privacy concerns is yet another layer.  It's a game from a possibly untrustworthy developer in a generally despicable genre.  Most people don't care enough to give it the benefit of the doubt.  Is it a possible exception?  Don't know, don't care.

Fine, you wanna talk about Genshin? Then do it somewhere else, please

1 minute ago, EmberStar said:

Fair enough I guess. I’m pretty certain you can get the full experience of the game, which is not hollow at all, without even engaging with the gacha mechanics. So IMO that seems like a silly reason to write it off, but to each their own.

2 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Fine, you wanna talk about Genshin? Then do it somewhere else, please

I don't, particularly, but why are you singling me out on that?  I've had fewer posts about it than others.  Such as, for example, the person who drug it into the conversation in the first place.

Just now, Ailia_Grimm said:

What I'm afraid of is that it will be another railjack update, where everything will be disappointing & everyone will lose interest after two days

That happens quite literally with every update to some part of the community. But I do hope people aren't expecting the update to be some major new addition to Deimos as the new bounties are just that: more bounties. Some people won't bother off the bat due to their hateboners over Deimos or because they don't want the new gear from them. While most everyone else won't bother touching them after getting all the drops just like the entire rest of the game.

1 minute ago, trst said:

That happens quite literally with every update to some part of the community. But I do hope people aren't expecting the update to be some major new addition to Deimos as the new bounties are just that: more bounties. Some people won't bother off the bat due to their hateboners over Deimos or because they don't want the new gear from them. While most everyone else won't bother touching them after getting all the drops just like the entire rest of the game.

Like I said in a previous post, I won't even play when it comes out, I'll watch youtube & the forums to see how it went & decide then

8 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

What I'm afraid of is that it will be another railjack update, where everything will be disappointing & everyone will lose interest after two days

Possible, but you also need to remember that this isn't like Railjack. Not all updates are created equal.  Railjack was big headliner content that DE had been developing for several years, advertised for half that time, and generally hyped through the roof. Anything would have been disappointing, and what what we got would have been disappointing no matter how much or little hype there was (In particular, how buggy multiplayer was in the multiplayer-focused update). So y'know. N

Deimos Arcana isn't adding new areas, new bosses, whatever. It's just more stuff in some older content. In short, if Railjack was a £60 expansion, this is a DLC.

3 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Wait, didn't they say there were supposed to be at least one new boss to be added later in Deimos?

Probably, but if so this isn't the update to do it. Or at the very least, the Test Cluster wasn't shown them.

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

its impossible for an update to ever be perfect

Nobody is asking for anything to be perfect, what I'm saying is that the test cluster was poorly received with everyone saying it needed major changes before being released

There's no way they changed all of it in less than a week

47 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Oh there definitely will be another Railjack Update in December. I think I understand the early release of Arcana. They are making room for one more update before ending the year. Corpus Railjack has being worked on for a while now and apparently it will be massive. Massive means A LOT of bugs may start popping out.

Just now, DrivaMain said:

Oh there definitely will be another Railjack Update in December. I think I understand the early release of Arcana. They are making room for one more update before ending the year. Corpus Railjack has being worked on for a while now and apparently it will be massive. Massive means A LOT of bugs may start popping out.

You're a troll right?

Just in case you're not: By "another railjack update", I meant that everything will be disappointing or broken/useless

Nothing in this topic has to do with railjack, it was just an exemple

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Its literally a losing battle because its impossible for an update to ever be perfect.

There's perfect, and then there's hot smoldering garbage. This is the latter, because there were next to no positive things about it when I played on the PTC this weekend for 15 odd hours. In the seven years that I've played this game, it's one of the most subpar, lukewarm updates that will ever be delivered. I really doubt that they've had enough to incorporate the real feedback into it, unless they just listened to all the yes men posting about how awesome it is to play test stuff, while posting in discord how they barely touched the stuff that wasn't delivered to their inbox.

• The mech is subpar MR fodder.
  • The new bounties are tied to the iso vaults, so anytime you want to do them to farm the new arcanes/weapon parts/etc, you need to do the iso vaults.
  • The bulk of the weapons were trash, some were fun, but there were only a few winners this time around. (nothing new there tbh)
  • Most of the frame ability changes literally changed nothing, chromas passive was a double bullet jump when we played.
  • The arcanes are trash and require you to stand still on this tiny little cloud you can barely see to get the miniscule effects they provide.
  • Steel essence farming was nerfed violently into the ground to appease the casual base, so anyone wanting to do endurance runs doesn't really have that option now.
  • One of the four augments will to see any real use, maybe two in a ridiculously niche setting where the variables all come together.

hace 1 hora, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face dijo:

I don’t play Genshin Impact, but I don’t understand why people write the entire game off just because of a gacha mechanic.

Yes, it’s gambling, but most gacha games are hollow experiences designed solely to get your money. Everything I have seen and read about GI indicates this is not the case with this game. It’s very F2P friendly, and looks like a lot of love has been poured into making it. I won’t defend gacha mechanics, but I’ll defend this as a quality game.

I think their anger is mostly because of the fact that some people go into places of other things fanbase and start promoting another game. They probably wouldn't be this angry if people didn't come here to just promote Genshin Impact.

It's similar to PS5 and Xbox Series X fanboys, who just go into the tweets from Xbox and PS5 to yell "PS5 is better", "XBOX sucks" or "XBOX is better", "PS5 sucks". Even if both companies have shown to be friendly towards eachother.

I am referring to the people on this thread that are angry. Apart from here i haven't seen anyone attack Genshin Impact in other places.

37 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

There's perfect, and then there's hot smoldering garbage. This is the latter, because there were next to no positive things about it when I played on the PTC this weekend for 15 odd hours. In the seven years that I've played this game, it's one of the most subpar, lukewarm updates that will ever be delivered. I really doubt that they've had enough to incorporate the real feedback into it, unless they just listened to all the yes men posting about how awesome it is to play test stuff, while posting in discord how they barely touched the stuff that wasn't delivered to their inbox.

• The mech is subpar MR fodder.
  • The new bounties are tied to the iso vaults, so anytime you want to do them to farm the new arcanes/weapon parts/etc, you need to do the iso vaults.
  • The bulk of the weapons were trash, some were fun, but there were only a few winners this time around. (nothing new there tbh)
  • Most of the frame ability changes literally changed nothing, chromas passive was a double bullet jump when we played.
  • The arcanes are trash and require you to stand still on this tiny little cloud you can barely see to get the miniscule effects they provide.
  • Steel essence farming was nerfed violently into the ground to appease the casual base, so anyone wanting to do endurance runs doesn't really have that option now.
  • One of the four augments will to see any real use, maybe two in a ridiculously niche setting where the variables all come together.

lol. the drama is real. At this point, i think its just a race to the bottom of who can complain first about an update. 

Ive been playing this game for years too, and i can tell you-  a single update, that just basically adding content, is no big deal. I dont get the need for drama. People will play it. Things will get buffed, things will get nerfed, life will move on. The rest of the game is there to play still. 

Archived