Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the update coming this week?

-Krism-

52 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

Wait... this is a joke, right?

I think it's just placeholder personally, I'm hoping that's the case as a lot of things were still placeholder stats/etc.

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)BRUHck Obama said:

Is that why he has those wings when he jumped in the test servers?

They looked cool though, right? It's most likely placeholder.

https://i.gyazo.com/2830bccc4083880437a763a2d8cd7c12.mp4

26 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Wait, they removed endless missions?

You get 15 essence per day from dailies, and whatever the acolytes drop when they spawn during missions. Eximus units, as of this weekend on the PTC, no longer drop them.

5 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

You get 15 essence per day from dailies, and whatever the acolytes drop when they spawn during missions. Eximus units, as of this weekend on the PTC, no longer drop them.

Bout you said something different... Let's see:

1 hour ago, TheGuyver said:
  • Steel essence farming was nerfed violently into the ground to appease the casual base, so anyone wanting to do endurance runs doesn't really have that option now.

Endurance runs are the endurance runs , steel essence farm is another whole thing, unless you think they are somehow corelated and dependant on each other

8 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Endurance runs are the endurance runs , steel essence farm is another whole thing, unless you think they are somehow corelated and dependant on each other

Not really, but it's nice to get essence during those runs too. 

5 hours ago, (NSW)Cannabininja said:

Genshin Impact is excellent and addictive if you want another free2play to switch over to. Not to mention great new games like "Sakuna of rice and ruin" aren't in beta and totally deserve your attention and money.

As more free to play games like Genshin Impact come out, more polished, update more offend and can keep to an update schedule, it’s going to get harder for warframe to compete.

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

Why on earth would anyone subject themselves to an hour-plus Steel Path mission for NO reward?  I'd say that aside from a handful of masochists, the two are *directly* corelated and entirely dependant.

9 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Why on earth would anyone subject themselves to an hour-plus Steel Path mission for NO reward?  I'd say that aside from a handful of masochists, the two are *directly* corelated and entirely dependant.

Because people liked to do it before Steel Path was even added? And most of us wanted stronger enemies from the start to reach impossible levels in less time to test builds? That's why they are called "endurance runs" and not "stay inside strangledome for 4 hours to feed your rivens"

i would like to remind you all about how bugged and horribly broken both the sanctuary onslaught update, and the one that took 2 years... the railjack update was. DE doesn't learn from past mistakes, if they don't consider "oh the public can just find the bugs for us" as a mistake.

8 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

So then don't bumrush the content. Don't any of you have self control?

Indeed, nobody forcing you to do the content yet. 

That being said Im gonna dive head first into the new content and then curse myself for all the bugs I encounter lol. 

8 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Actually from what I've seen, the only people who ever mention the Beta tag are people who want to spit on it.  DE just quietly stopped mentioning it years ago, and everyone else recognizes that Warframe has been "launched" for years and just failed to ever have a specific release date.

Actually, having reinstalled the game when the most recent ensmallening update came out, I can confirm that the launcher still states that the game as in open beta on first startup.

9 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Actually from what I've seen, the only people who ever mention the Beta tag are people who want to spit on it.  DE just quietly stopped mentioning it years ago, and everyone else recognizes that Warframe has been "launched" for years and just failed to ever have a specific release date.

Genshin Impact is a a gacha game.  (As in, "Gacha cash, sucker!  No refunds!")  I have other issues with it that aren't relevant to the gameplay.  As far as I'm concerned though, the whole gacha mechanic is utter fail, anti-consumer and openly malicious design.  I would strongly recommend to anyone who cared (ie nobody) that they NEVER even consider Genshin Impact.

The first two people I spoke to about Genshin Impact mentioned that it was a Gacha game and said if I have any type of gambling/addiction issues, to stay away.

And I have major addiction issues. So after hearing twice, I decided that Genshin Impact is a game I will never play (along with any other Gacha game).

The monetization of Warframe is big factor in my loyalty to this game. I've got caught in loot box mobile games before, so I have a ton of respect for a company like DE who doesn't put crap like that in their game. Plus, I still have a ton of fun every single night after 2500 hours.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Well at lest they have quality control, just saying . 

Yes Quality Control built by a practice that is hated by many. No matter how good it is, as long as it has gambling/gacha I won't touch it with an infinite foot pole.

9 hours ago, General-Pacman said:

Wait... this is a joke, right?

What's wrong with that?

I mean, sure, given the option I'd probably go with something like a mini adaptation (25%, capped at 2 or 3 damage types?) but it's a passive ability. Having a triple-jump - especially in a game with as powerful a double-jump as this -  is a perfectly reasonable passive ability.

generally, the way Video Games develop is near the end of each iteration cycle, they create a 'Release Candidate' - this is a Build that has been decided as "we're going to ship this one". then any preparations that are needed to be done prior to release can happen, so that Build can be ready at the press of a button on the decided Release Date.

from the time between then and the actual Release Date, no other changes of any sort will be integrated into the Build (with a sole exception for completely gamebreaking mission critical problems - not a game Mission but metaphorical Mission), as any change might break something else (even though usually it goes well, yes).

this is how and why we have "Day0/1 Patches" - these are things on the issue list that were found between choosing a Release Candidate and the Release, but because of the usage of Release Candidates, could not be implemented and so had to wait until after that goes out to the public.

the goal of this strategy (that roughly 90/100 games employ), is for Release Dates to be as seamless as possible, with as few issues as psosible
in the modern world obviously we all know that doesn't quite work anyways, but i'm just stating how things do work here, not whether or not they may be antiquated mindsets in the modern world.

12 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

You do know they count support team, marketing team, and management under that 300 right? Do you know how many people who Actually develop the game? Some people said it’s around 100.

two thirds of a game studio being non developers is very unlikely to say the least. and even with that, de is above average in how many employees it has.

8 часов назад, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 сказал:

As more free to play games like Genshin Impact come out, more polished, update more offend and can keep to an update schedule, it’s going to get harder for warframe to compete.

As more mobile gacha trash comes out on main platforms, it's going to get easier for me to stop playing games period. Just you wait till EA or Activision get a sniff of 2k bucks for single character.

The changes needed are about some balance, and balance tweaks should not be a reason to stop a patch unless it is at the point where say a boss is litterally unbeatable due to it. But this is about very small things, like uhm Bonewidow needing some buffs. And I'm not sure what you expect regarding the bounties. If they were to hold back the patch in order to get more unique underground bounties we are likely looking at Arcana in oh... say 3-6 months or so due to all the work needed for such a change.

Since global necramech use wont seem to see the light in arcana there is plenty of time to tweak BW before it will see some actual use. I rather have a built and formad BW for when that happens instead of sitting there and having to farm it, build it and forma it right then and there while also having all the other arcana stuff to chase.

So if there arent any actual crippling bugs in the patch I see no reason to hold it back. Playable "characters" are very rarely balanced on their release date, it doesnt matter which game and it doesnt matter if it has had extensive testing on a test server either. They are always either under- or overpowered on release. What matter is how long it takes to get it fixed, if the game goes the WoW route and leaves the classes under- or overpowered for the duration of an expansion life cycle or if they go the Marvel Heroes way and try to balance them within weeks or months.

8 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Not everything is in the polish or content amount. You need a sensible free-to-play model aswell, which WF has and Gacha Impact doesnt. So if more f2p games come out in the veins of Gacha Impact then WF wont have much trouble to compete, since it is one out of two current f2p games that actually have good/fair monetization models in a sea of cash grabs. The other one with a good f2p model is PoE. Previously there were three, with Marvel Heroes being the best (for the players), but best isnt always good when you are too generous, since it means you dont profit enough.

13 часов назад, (NSW)Cannabininja сказал:

Genshin Impact is excellent and addictive if you want another free2play to switch over to. Not to mention great new games like "Sakuna of rice and ruin" aren't in beta and totally deserve your attention and money.

Weeb

Archived