Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the update coming this week?

-Krism-

They openly stated that change in base functionality (regarding arcanes) is very unlikely.

I'd assume this also applies to all the other stuff.

So the test cluster was more just about finding bugs and maybe some minor stat changes.

On that note telling people to hold their horses to not be excited about playing the update is kiinda ... eehh idk . But from experience tho you're right , in first week everything is an unpolished mess , learned the hard way to be not a free beta tester , after a week of pages and pages of bug reports and complaints and ridiculous monotonous soulless grind requirements , yes they adjust , after a week of players frustration and players being their unspoken test guys' for them .

So .. on what youve just said even though how ridiculous it sounds from a non-insider of warframe perspective , you're right , that everybody should wait for at least a 1 week for touching the new stuff that comes out because that advice is  the only way to protect someone's whatever innocent feelings they have or left for warframe as a whole experience :) 

First days of deimos .. never forgetti 

15 hours ago, (NSW)Cannabininja said:

You bring up a very valid point.

The only reasonable answer I can think of is: Warframe is in constant Beta.

No content we receive will ever be "complete". DE has built a philosophy that caters to things being constantly tweaked based off of how the majority of players receive said content.

On top of this, DE has built a community that continues to play a game stuck in Beta and even defends their practice in doing so.

Personally, I uninstalled warframe after the latest major update. I disagree with their philosophies of game design almost completely. But voicing this opinion doesn't really do anything. However, deleting the game and moving on to better projects is an excellent way to let a developer know that you are sick of it.

Genshin Impact is excellent and addictive if you want another free2play to switch over to. Not to mention great new games like "Sakuna of rice and ruin" aren't in beta and totally deserve your attention and money.

Lol, dissing Warframe in the same breath that you recommend Genshin Impact... That is a sure way to know to completely disregard any and all of your endorsements.

I've been on the test server, and the bounties are not too bad, it's not just a rework of the surface ones, there are new stuff, and even the rehashed ones feel different in a more closed space.
My problem is really Bonewidow. It is great to play with, like visually, and in terms of sound and all, but all its skills are duds. I mean there's not one skill that isn't flawed in a major way. Some, like the #4 can be solved mostly with just boosting numbers (it was weak), but not entirely, since its animation was wonky. Others, like the #1 are just not ok, its too costly, too hard to use, and to useless. The #3 can be useful, just not in the use cases where we can use the mechs currently. When we get the mechs in closed spaces, it can be better, since its problem is the lack of range, but overal the mech felt useless, and since we only have that and the void rig, i'm pretty sure no one will trade the void rig for the bonewidow.
And this is in a format that is already lacking in purpose, there's really no reason to play with mechs, and giving us a mech that has no reason to be picked, is just not good decision making.

The Necramechs and Kitguns were the two main picks by the testers for content that needed more time in the oven, and yet, less than one week later, are being released.

I didn't test the kitguns much, the nature of kitguns starting out sub-par before being gilded wasn't very good to really assess their potential, and sure as hell i wasn't going to speed the time lvling them up alone, when there were much cooler weapons to play around with. But they felt extremely underwhelming as well...

At first i feel sorry for pc for getting what from ptc. Sounds like bad buggy mess. Hopefully its fixed but time wise doubt it.

Then i groan because what ever state you pc tennoget it console will aswell but unlike pc console will wait another month for the sony nintendo cert before the fixes. 

Please devs not another railjack mess for Christmas!! Not another long buggy creation. 

5 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Lol, dissing Warframe in the same breath that you recommend Genshin Impact... That is a sure way to know to completely disregard any and all of your endorsements.

Not only that, he also manages to describe pretty much all serious gaas games with the line.

No content we receive will ever be "complete". DE has built a philosophy that caters to things being constantly tweaked based off of how the majority of players receive said content.

Since that is the nature of them. Either content gets constantly tweaked to oppose the meta, or the meta is tweaked in order to change things up even in cases where there is no real reason to do it.

Yet he specifically applies it to WF.

yeah... test it for months and bring small sweet update one a year, not sure if serious.

compare warframe updates to diablo3, overwatch, wow, poe etc. and you will see that DE is doing amazing job and react super fast.

CONTENT = LIFE! they understand it...

and i had never problems with bugs in warframe. yes, there are some problems. but if you compare warframe to other piece of s*** projects... oh dear!!!

15 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

From what I have heard from the test clusters, there is a lot to be fixed & changed

Let's pretend that DE had time to fix most things, the "new" underground bounty, which is apparently just regular surface bounties but now underground, & Bonewidow, especially Bonewidow,are nowhere near done

The new mech's abilities are complete trash & I heavily doubt DE could change them to be actually good in such a short time. The test cluster wasn't even 7 days ago

Yes of course, we don't have the update yet, I'm aware, & I can't know for sure, this is just speculation. But having seen DE work those past years, we pretty much all know how this is going to end

well is anything they are just gonna change a few numbers and then fix more things as people complain on the live build. bonewidow will be getting fixed during hot fixes or intermittent updates for the most part while everything else will probably be getting some stat/number changes made last minute.

15 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Gacha cash, sucker!  No refunds!

I will hold this in my memory forever.

15 hours ago, (NSW)Cannabininja said:

his is unlikely to happen though as DE has learned that it can milk thousands of players for their hard earned money by putting out the minimal amount of effort. They have, what...300+ employees and still can't release an update without it being buggy and nearly unplayable? That's ridiculous and embarrassing (for them). Especially when there are games being made by teams of less than 20 people that have better gameplay loops and better quality in performance.

name one game being made by 20 people.  300ish people is pretty small for a development studio, and split across every department so its more like 100 ish people working directly on the game and 200ish doing everything else to run the studio.

15 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

So then don't bumrush the content. Don't any of you have self control?

exactly if you know something isn't gonna be good on day one for you pc members just wait like a week or two when things are a bit better. on console we have to wait like a month for "intern" updates for anything to get fixed.

1 minute ago, Battle.Mage said:

yeah... test it for months and bring small sweet update one a year, not sure if serious.

compare warframe updates to diablo3, overwatch, wow, poe etc. and you will see that this DE doing amazing job and react super fast.

and i had never problems with bugs in warframe. yes, there are some problems. but if compare warframe to other piece of s.... projects... oh dear!!!

Bad content is bad, it will only affect the game in a negative way & make people leave if it continues like this

compare warframe updates to diablo3, overwatch, wow, poe etc. and you will see that this DE doing amazing job and react super fast.

and i had never problems with bugs in warframe. yes, there are some problems. but if you compare warframe to other piece of s.... projects... oh dear!!!

Diablo 3 gets updated? 😲

4 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

compare warframe updates to diablo3, overwatch, wow, poe etc. and you will see that DE is doing amazing job and react super fast.

and i had never problems with bugs in warframe. yes, there are some problems. but if you compare warframe to other piece of s*** projects... oh dear!!!

Yeah content is life, but BAD content = sure death.
You can't patch people quitting in droves.

24 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

exactly if you know something isn't gonna be good on day one for you pc members just wait like a week or two when things are a bit better. on console we have to wait like a month for "intern" updates for anything to get fixed.

you sir summarized the situation for pc well .

2 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Bad content is bad, it will only affect the game in a negative way & make people leave if it continues like this

Path of Exile is proof of that not being the case. When they have a good league people play, when they dont people stay away. And oh my have they had plenty of bad leagues over the years. They've had like a handful of really great ones, the rest have been mediocre to bottom of the barrel trash. Yet people flock back to each new league.

Gerade eben schrieb SneakyErvin:

Path of Exile is proof of that not being the case. When they have a good league people play, when they dont people stay away. And oh my have they had plenty of bad leagues over the years. They've had like a handful of really great ones, the rest have been mediocre to bottom of the barrel trash. Yet people flock back to each new league.

in addition there is unplayable performance in groups, lag spikes and constant RANDOM 1 hit kills.
and who knows what else ... I don't do that to myself.

bad compared to which game? i don't play that many games and i would love to know your comparison.

Compared to itself for one? Infested Kitguns, Bonewidow and the new arcanes are pathetic compared to other content of the same kind already in the game, hence the game invalidates itself by providing content no one will want to play.

And honestly, why spend the money and resources to create a Public test server if you're just going to ignore the results from it?

I'm not saying they did, i just don't see them fixing all the issues that were almost unanimously presented in tester feedback within the few days since the beta ended, and this announcement.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

name one game being made by 20 people.

Ok, I agree that 300 isn't that big for a AAA game like WF is by this point but... Hollow Knight, Cave Story and Dust: an Elysian Tail spring to my mind as excellent games made by tiny handfuls of people, ranging from having a more than acceptable amount of content to putting some AAA games to outright shame. When I say 'tiny handful' Cave Story was made  by 1 guy at first, Dust was likewise but got voice acting and music support, and Hollow Knight's Team Cherry is also 3 people plus voice actors and marketing (fewer, since it has very little voice acting).

Deep Rock Galactic is also made by exactly 20 people.

The scale of the game is what matters. Warframe is a AAA MMO-lite action RPG with a medium level of story content. Deep Rock is a procedurally generated dungeon crawler. And Hollow Knight, Cave Story and Dust are all single-player side scrollers. That's not to say they don't all take a monumental amount of effort, or that Dust, Hollow Knight and Cave Story aren't phenomenal achievements, but the needs of the games just aren't the same as one another. 'Dev Team Size' isn't a good metric.

2 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

in addition there is unplayable performance in groups, lag spikes and constant RANDOM 1 hit kills.
and who knows what else ... I don't do that to myself.

Not to mention having to start over each new season and still be done in a few weeks, then just wait for the next season so you can start over again ad infinitum.

2 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

DE ≠ Grinding Gear Games

We've been telling DE that the game is getting worse with every update, & it's only being going downhill since then

Of course the two arent the same. If they were we'd see the same extreme player dips that we can see in PoE. So DE obviously has something that works which keeps player attention between updates at a rate that is fairly even. What most of us experience when we see "bad" content is simple veteran fatigue, which naturally happens after thousands of hours played. It happened to me in WoW, even when picking up a fresh new massive expansion because it was "the same". But it was more severe there due to the need of having to regear ever single slot of your character, which happened with each new arena season and content tier that was released aswell. WF atleast never gets me to the point where I feel I've been reset.

1 minute ago, Psianide73 said:

"From what I have heard"

I'll make my own mind up thanks. Perhaps you should too.

Play it, if it sucks, THEN give feedback.

I think I've played the game long enough to be able to make my own opinion from video footage of the test cluster, thanks

Archived