Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the update coming this week?

-Krism-

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Ailia_Grimm:

From what I have heard from the test clusters, there is a lot to be fixed & changed

Let's pretend that DE had time to fix most things, the "new" underground bounty, which is apparently just regular surface bounties but now underground, & Bonewidow, especially Bonewidow,are nowhere near done

The new mech's abilities are complete trash & I heavily doubt DE could change them to be actually good in such a short time. The test cluster wasn't even 7 days ago

Yes of course, we don't have the update yet, I'm aware, & I can't know for sure, this is just speculation. But having seen DE work those past years, we pretty much all know how this is going to end

You can always choose to not play and wait till they fixed it. Or do you absolutely have to play the new content? In fact, it does not even matter when they release the content and in which state, because you don't pay for it.

34 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Mate, that's my point, your opinion is worth, literally NOTHING. Like seriously, there's people who's opinion is that COVID is a hoax, does that bring back the people that died? No. I'm not basing whether it was poorly or well received on my opinion, but on seeing the overall feedback in the forums. You see, when i form an opinion or give feedback, i tend to look beyond myself.

Yeah no. My opinion is worth something. Thats why we all post here on the forums, for the minute chance that DE hears us and changes something. But if your point was literally nothing matters, why even post at all?

For Deimos, If you're looking at the feedback on the forums you weren't looking very close. I would say at best the reception was mixed. It was like, here's the good, but here's the bad, and the bad is really bad. I really don't mind disagreeing on this point as there is no way to quantify it either way.

4 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

You can always choose to not play and wait till they fixed it. Or do you absolutely have to play the new content? In fact, it does not even matter when they release the content and in which state, because you don't pay for it.

In fact, you should probably read the other replies here because this is exactly what I already said

Honestly I have no problem with them releasing an update that needs to be patched and balanced a few times before it’s completely finished. That’s par for the course at this point.

But what does grind my gears about this upcoming update are these freaking arcanes. I know it’s cliche to say DE doesn’t play their own game, but sometimes it really feels like they don’t play their own game. These arcanes are a joke and I would love to hear whoever designed them explain to us how they thought they might be useful.

They're not even useful in niche situations, they are just bad. And they’re supposed to be the big reward that we grind for in this new update, so if they don’t improve them I don’t see any reason to play it. I’ll just get the good weapons and dip, I guess 🤷‍♂️ 

18 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Well, its easy to prove:
Overall engine has been improved, API support has evolved to be on the brink of supporting newest tech.
New lighter textures added, making the game lighter in terms of disk space and downloads.
Old issues have been steadily addressed, the old armor scaling has been replaced with a less broken version.

only the last one you mentioned is a QoL change , the next gen upgrades are necessary for them to compete in the market .. 

19 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

New content streams have been added, with new activities and ways of playing the game.

content streams ? you mean reb and megan playing some fortuna together .. what content .
New ways to play the game ? the games core stayed same for who knows how many years , just recently nihil boss fight was a change in pace which i personally liked but .. we still fight against dumb grineer ai with hitscan for maximized statcheck gameplay ... 

At this point DE would rather release 6 more open worlds before even considering making grineer and infested interesting to fight , but what do i know im just a salty masochistic vet that likes a bit of actual challenge and not just artifical challenge eh .

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Ailia_Grimm:

In fact, you should probably read the other replies here because this is exactly what I already said

So you want me to read through 7 pages of a thread so you can avoid to read one message?

I mean, you are not wrong, but in your shoes I would never say it.

if we gonna go into good graphics mean good game ahah good luck with that there are solid games that are 2000 made , i could go into semnatics but knowing your narrative you would try to debunk each game i throw saying how bad they were , how is tetris then ? why a game like tetris or a simple chess has infinite replayability with no textures and dumb shadow quality ? the answer is gameplay loop my friend , is the meat of games , it is that everything that what makes a game essentially possibly immortal , enduring eras and eras upon millenials of human years , sadly eastern fast cash grab mentality/policies and defenders of them can't or refuse to see it.

Just now, killerJoke66 said:

only the last one you mentioned is a QoL change , the next gen upgrades are necessary for them to compete in the market .. 

content streams ? you mean reb and megan playing some fortuna together .. what content .
New ways to play the game ? the games core stayed same for who knows how many years , just recently nihil boss fight was a change in pace which i personally liked but .. we still fight against dumb grineer ai with hitscan for maximized statcheck gameplay ... 

At this point DE would rather release 6 more open worlds before even considering making grineer and infested interesting to fight , but what do i know im just a salty masochistic vet that likes a bit of actual challenge and not just artifical challenge eh .

1) So, because it was added to compete in next gen, it isn't an improvement? That's fun.
2) Reb... What?
I meant content streams as in new ways to access content (as in new consoles basically, read Switch, and next gen).
Ah... Are you being obtuse on purpose? Forgot Railjack? Necramechs? Those are new ways to play the game
As far as bosses go, The Zealot Prelate, and Exploiter?
But yeah, they're not perfect, i never claimed they were, i just said that they're improving the game, and they are.
And honestly man, what's holding you? You can always get out, and maybe come back when it gets better. I did.

2 minutes ago, killerJoke66 said:

we are close to 2021 and ancients still throw the visiually exact replica grineer  scorpion's leather hook out of their ingested 2 meter arms .. what am i even on about , what texture improvement can save that * 

Well, a texture change would literally be all that's needed to fix that.

Just now, ReaverKane said:

Ah... Are you being obtuse on purpose? Forgot Railjack? Necramechs? Those are new ways to play the game

thats a lil personal one , so you think adding rj necramechs are improvements ? on what area exactly , realistically more than 90% players dont even touch rj necramechs are a meme who cares what , they dont add any richness *depth* into the core gameplay. 

2 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

1) So, because it was added to compete in next gen, it isn't an improvement? That's fun.

i dont consider that as improvement in a 2020 almost big title video game doing that just to stay relevant in the market , next.

4 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

As far as bosses go, The Zealot Prelate, and Exploiter?

And honestly man, what's holding you? You can always get out, and maybe come back when it gets better. I did.

- bosses with more immunity phases yes yes , did i say a bad thing about nihil ? no because the idea is good and better than what the core gamplay offers.

- no it wont get better , ive been around some time to conclude that judgement , why am i here ? well i guess im stubborn what can i say , im currently waiting outriders and cyberpunk release.

4 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Well, a texture change would literally be all that's needed to fix that.

no , its coding , my friend :) , the base coding they refused to touch for years because it wouldnt just hand them fast rise in chart numbers to show off to their parent company :)

1 minute ago, killerJoke66 said:

no , its coding , my friend :) , the base coding they refused to touch for years because it wouldnt just hand them fast rise in chart numbers to show off to their parent company :)

Replacing a texture doesn't require coding but ok

thats a lil personal one , so you think adding rj necramechs are improvements ? on what area exactly , realistically more than 90% players dont even touch rj necramechs are a meme who cares what , they dont add any richness *depth* into the core gameplay. 

i dont consider that as improvement in a 2020 almost big title video game doing that just to stay relevant in the market , next.

- bosses with more immunity phases yes yes , did i say a bad thing about nihil ? no because the idea is good and better than what the core gamplay offers.

- no it wont get better , ive been around some time to conclude that judgement , why am i here ? well i guess im stubborn what can i say , im currently waiting outriders and cyberpunk release.

Where did you get the 90%? And even then, its still new ways to play the game, which improves it.

What do you consider an improvement then? Obviously, you've made up your mind, and just a sad case of someone without anything better than argue about something they hate.
There's thousands of games out there man. Jesus.

its coded as scorpion hook , exact replica , and this example was just a small portion of a giant iceberg . I dont have energy left for this game okay , if you need more examples either play the game more to figure out yourself or i could go over each every one of them even though DE doesnt pay me to do so  .

6 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Replacing a texture doesn't require coding but ok

the sad part is , in the position that im wrong and youre right about this , then what it means is that for more than 4 years they didnt even bother to simply change it .. to me(at least to me i dont know you)  thats even more *ed up but oki .

the sad part is , in the position that im wrong and youre right about this , then what it means is that for more than 4 years they didnt even bother to simply change it .. to me thats even more *ed up but oki .

I don't know where you come from, but the textures of old enemies, so the ones you see the most in missions, scorpions being one of them, has never being touched once, only the lightning is changing with the updated engine, that's it

I love how clowny and funny the people can be sometimes in their natural forms , you show tough love for something to give offspring to become of its better self but youre been received as hateful and salty .. i guess humanity never changes in that sense , okay the coding is fine game is fine , you guys happy now ? 

12 minutes ago, killerJoke66 said:

OH Boy , dear lord god i loooove fighting grineer you know so frikang gooooood , OH GOOOD i loooove rescue missioaens you know , ahhhh the ahhhhh latro une ahhhh so good 

You ok bro? There's always the middle ground where you criticize without hating on something

Archived