Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I care too much about this game to let it end this way

(PSN)drollive96

Please stop with this open world stuff and release content that focuses on the core gamplay, players like myself feel alienated by all this crazy experimental content,  i dont want to use a necramech, i want to use my warframe, i dont want to fish and mine, i want to be a space ninja, i dont want huge open worlds, i want close quarters in your face action. And most importantantly i want To experience the rest of the story, i rarely  ever get invested in story based games but warframes story has always been special to me, please finish the story, dont break my heart like this

I approve of this message. 

I like the experimental content but don't forget the story. The New War was introduced a LONG time ago and it's not even close to finished.

New Frames=ok. 

more story = great!

more "plains" = meh

more archwing = uh... no......

more PVP = this is inherently a PVE game..... No thanks.....

4 hours ago, (PSN)drollive96 said:

i dont want to use a necramech, i want to use my warframe, i dont want to fish and mine

In all honesty open worlds would be totally fine, if DEs way of handling it wasn't so poor making them repetitive and grindy while ignoring everything else. But I guess that's what you get when what is being added to the game depends on the whims of 1 guy with ego the size of eiffel tower. Lets make brown open world. Lets make white open world, lets make red open world, lets add fish, mechanical fish, meaty fish! lets add sickly cats, burrowing cats, meaty cats! It's exactly the f****** same with 1 exception that each OW is more grindier than the last.

All the while Core game mechanics are in sorry state since what... 2011? Sigh.

too many Vehicles can remove the Parkour from the game in a way, sure.

as long as Environments are setup to let Parkour be utilized though, it can be okay. which, the Landscapes are a little bit thin on Parkour utilization - Deimos Landscape has a bit more vertical stuff to it though, which helps.

Open worlds are a marketing success to draw in new players, but gameplay-wise they are a letdown since general gameplay loop is worse. When you are done farming all stuff introduced with an open world, there is little to no reason to come back. Most of important farm loops like relics, Kuva, prime parts are done elsewhere. Tridolons are the only exception, as they represent at least some form of "challenging" content, actually require teamwork and have meaningfull rewards. Neither Fortuna nor Deimos have Tridolons substitutes.

I largely ignore open worlds. The only reason I go there is if I have a corresponding Riven or there is an easy NW task, like fish or mine. I cannot even bring myself to get maxed standing with Mother. Did a few vaults to see what they are and after realising they offer nothing but Necro-mech stuff, a completely unfinished addition that is only useable in open worlds - the very place I hardly ever visit - my interested vanished.

Given the power, I would delete all open worlds as they are. They do not go well with WF formula: due to static environment open world bounties get repetitive sooner than regular missions; open worlds have disjointed island economy; large open spaces do not mash well with Frame powers with 10 meters base range.

But heyyyy, with Duviri a next open world is already in the making. I find it more and more difficult to play the game, not just open worlds.

In my opinion Warframe should fix its core issues first and foremost, the co op elements are severely lacking. the one man army issue is still standing strong, the RJ is a step in right direction but if they never look back on what they released years ago, game will just be a big jumble of unconnected buggy parts with obvious problems!

Open worlds are fun change but I wish they finished polishing them too.Plains is still buggy and the bounties and their bonus objectives need improvement. Also there's potential to do so much more engaging bounties but they are mostly reskins of star chart stuff. 

But yes I do agree that the "core" of the game needs to be looked at too more often, as in the star chart gamemodes and environments. 

Many old missions like survival and defense could use improvements and new ideas, and we could use more map tiles/segments too to diversify the old maps. And entirely new tilesets and planets/moons or other play areas. 

Oh and new unique gamemodes in the star chart. Disruption was great imo, while not that unique, need more variety. 

Most Open World formula are succesful because of the exploration. The joy is in the journey. Traveling from point A to point B and discovering things along the way. Witness the environment. Be a part of a living, breathing world. Get sidetracked from the main quest amd chase random things because you can. Examples: Elder Scroll, Fallout, Witcher.  These are the industrial standards for open world games.   

Unfortunately, this means that Open World in Warframe was doomed from minute one, when DE let players use Archwing on the Open World. This let people skip the journey and the exploration. Poof, hop on to your wings and go from A to B in a few seconds. Drop down, Kill everything with (insert AoE nuker here), complete the objective, hop on to the next. In this way, the Open World is a pointless nuisance to skip through, and not something to immerse yourself in.   

At least Deimos is much smaller than the other maps. The other 2 open world maps are basically giant empty space with nothing going on it it. Fortuna is the worst. Giant buildings and landmarks that seems so interesting but turns out theres no interwction with them aside from 1 hacking mission.  

Of course, there will be outrage if DE decides to remove Archwings from open world. It's already too late for that. Theres already outrage from taking Itzal blink away and replacing it with universal blink on cooldown. Another case of DE giving the players too much power and now can't take it away. 

2 minutes ago, Bakaguya-sama said:

Most Open World formula are succesful because of the exploration. The joy is in the journey. Traveling from point A to point B and discovering things along the way. Witness the environment. Be a part of a living, breathing world. Get sidetracked from the main quest amd chase random things because you can. Examples: Elder Scroll, Fallout, Witcher.  These are the industrial standards for open world games.   

Unfortunately, this means that Open World in Warframe was doomed from minute one, when DE let players use Archwing on the Open World. This let people skip the journey and the exploration. Poof, hop on to your wings and go from A to B in a few seconds. Drop down, Kill everything with (insert AoE nuker here), complete the objective, hop on to the next. In this way, the Open World is a pointless nuisance to skip through, and not something to immerse yourself in.   

At least Deimos is much smaller than the other maps. The other 2 open world maps are basically giant empty space with nothing going on it it. Fortuna is the worst. Giant buildings and landmarks that seems so interesting but turns out theres no interwction with them aside from 1 hacking mission.  

Of course, there will be outrage if DE decides to remove Archwings from open world. It's already too late for that. Theres already outrage from taking Itzal blink away and replacing it with universal blink on cooldown. Another case of DE giving the players too much power and now can't take it away. 

back in the day i would forcible play solo plains and just roam around it is SO MUCH FUN but that ain't gonna happen now, what they possibly can do is to design around it, to make people want to do random roams by giving them rewards and designing objectives in a way that wouldn't be going from point A to B, there are hundereds upon hundereds of ways to get back to the good bits IF they actually move out of their comfort zone of Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, they will give you the illusion of no it's hard and we can't do it, but the moment u put urself on their shoes and decide to come up with sth you will notice that there are a LOT and i mean a LOT of ways to fix the problems, but they are too busy making "new content" and they will never look back as it stands, the same way that "raids will be back soon" and the same way "you will be able to redirect ship energy from navigation and weapons to artillery" and the same way "we are gonna focus on fixing weaker powers in warframes" so i wouldn't be shocked if they never fixed up their act!

Funny, I would like them to do just the opposite. More open world. Granted, not how Deimos turned out but rather big, mixed ones. Why does it have to be themed? Few outposts are Grins, few are Corpi and couple are infested. Maybe a colossal fissure opens at one and converts everybody to Corrupted. Maybe Sents fly in and drop some troops. Old syndicates having teams in the field, doing w/e syndicates' agendas are. I admit, I've forgotten. The ones you have good standing with will assist but not follow, the ones you have low standing will be neutral, and the ones that are red will be, well, red. Factions are fighting, outposts change hands, it's a war out there. And us, space sheriffs that we are are trying to ... well, murder everybody and take their stuff, duh.

Would even go so far as to make at least one such theater persistent. Not in the classic MMO way but actions/consequence persistent. Hints are in Ghoul Plague, Fomorian, etc. Somebody at some point sabotaged outpost A's reactor and allowed competing faction to drop in some troops. Do you go and blow up shield generator too and really screw up current controllers or try and defeat insurgents and repair said reactor? Again, nothing really new, there are Alerts.

Dynamic side mission spawning would give incentive to not zip to destination but in all honesty, an open worlds w/o any means of fast travel is a kick in the nuts. Somebody in alliance chat asked why would anybody use K-Drive when one can fly? I honestly don't understand the question or rather, the answer is, at least to me, so plainly obvious it baffles me how the question can even exist. But since there are no stupid questions; because it's more fun?

That in no way means abandoning tileset stuff. New Corpi is really well done if on rare occasion frustrating but then there's yellow arrow so it's manageable. On the other hand, I really wish they'd left some of the old stuff, call it nostalgia if you want. Bit of a facelift here and there, few additional tiles, nothing drastic ... except Europa. You can delete Europa.

Forcing players into something has never turned out well for the enforcer. Giving wide variety to chose from is usually well received. Specially if rewards are also spread through varied activities. And by that I don't mean Garuda being available solely from Fortuna bounties while Gara from Cetus. Not that kind of spreading.

One of the primary issues that Warframe has at a guess is that the original base of the game feels like it was built by someone that no longer exists at DE. It just feels that way. Also the sheer amount of broken promises and poor effort to fix stuff. Like basic stuff, form controls. And then there is lore...oh dear has this just gone right off path. Even the levarian is not updated.. And then there is pricing... Warframe, a kids game at adult prices.

Archived