Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thrall Pact

minininja77

Still has a cap, requires more maintenance than other buffs, will never remain fully stacked outside of solo, and has anti-synergy with AOE weapons and melee.

Can't really see any reason for it to get changed down the line without Thralls getting reworked.

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

It's a niche mod that will be ignored by the majority because everyone judges everything by using the "Can it one shot Steel Path Demolyst" for some reason.

Yes. But it might very well be that a certain niche will love it.

And lets face it, thralls already doesn't really work in random teams, so this really changes nothing in PUGs. But on the other hand, it might work wonders in solo.

By the time I've waited for thralls to multiply or in a case where I spam enthrall, the mobs would have been long dead already through other means. I see absolutely zero reason to take several seconds in order to buff a primary when I can chop, shoot or twirl them all to death already, with a melee, secondary, primary, archgun or danse that is buffed in damage by the Roar that occupies my enthrall slot.

11 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

It's a niche mod that will be ignored by the majority because everyone judges everything by using the "Can it one shot Steel Path Demolyst" for some reason.

I will ignore it because Natural Talent makes Revenant way smoother to play. Otherwise, I'd probably use this augment!

4 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

good luck actually using it when thralls are still vulnerable to friendly fire. that Augment would work a LOT better on Nekros, and give him some nice damage buffs too.

Truth. 

It's so rare to have thralls survive for very long, it will never be worth a mod slot. I like the idea of this being a new mod for Nekros.

56 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

good luck actually using it when thralls are still vulnerable to friendly fire. that Augment would work a LOT better on Nekros, and give him some nice damage buffs too.

outside the SP, I would agree with this, on the SP though with the sheer amount of enemies that spawn and the fact that they don't drop dead just looking at a tenno its not every hard to have a high thrall count at all times even with them being vulnerable to friendly fire as when one dies another one just takes it place

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

We're not basing the game around pug matches, so it will be worth a mod slot.

Still have to justify dropping Natural Talent or Rolling Guard for this mod... Where else is it going to fit?

EDIT: To add to this... this is an augment for Enthrall. Enthrall is painfully slow to cast! I think DE should add a small cast speed boost to enhance Enthrall... and we can feel more comfortable dropping Natural Talent.

10 minutes ago, nslay said:

Still have to justify dropping Natural Talent or Rolling Guard for this mod... Where else is it going to fit?

EDIT: To add to this... this is an augment for Enthrall. Enthrall is painfully slow to cast! I think DE should add a small cast speed boost to enhance Enthrall... and we can feel more comfortable dropping Natural Talent.

No one said those mods are mandatory so.....what are you talking about? People can build however they want.

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

No one said those mods are mandatory so.....what are you talking about? People can build however they want.

These mods are too good to sacrifice for this augment IMO.

EDIT: Here's what I use

http://warframe-builder.com/s/951ee68f2e3c700c

Balances for good Mesmer Skin charge count, practical Thrall duration, practical Thrall-casting range, extreme efficiency for all abilities (especially Reave and Danse Macabre), and nearly 100% drain for Reave (with practically usable Reave width... which is based on Ability Range).

Tell me. Aside of Natural Talent (which I think is way better for Revenant)... where am I going to put this augment?

I guess Streamline can be sacrificed! That would be my first choice. That extra efficiency applies to the channeling cost of Danse Macabre FYI.

3 hours ago, nslay said:

These mods are too good to sacrifice for this augment IMO.

EDIT: Here's what I use

http://warframe-builder.com/s/951ee68f2e3c700c

Balances for good Mesmer Skin charge count, practical Thrall duration, practical Thrall-casting range, extreme efficiency for all abilities (especially Reave and Danse Macabre), and nearly 100% drain for Reave (with practically usable Reave width... which is based on Ability Range).

Tell me. Aside of Natural Talent (which I think is way better for Revenant)... where am I going to put this augment?

I guess Streamline can be sacrificed! That would be my first choice. That extra efficiency applies to the channeling cost of Danse Macabre FYI.

Lol dude I don't care if you use it or not. I subsumed danse macabre and never used it anyway. I'm just saying people are allowed to use it. That's the freedom of warframe, you can build anything however you want.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s an augment for an ability that practically doesn’t exist. It’s useless.

It works very nicely with the new acolytes. You cast Enthrall to prevent the dense enemies from killing you or a defense objective while you focus on the acolyte. By the way, now you get a damage bonus for doing that.

On 2020-11-19 at 8:27 PM, nslay said:

Why would you use rolling guard on Rev in the first place?

Shield Gate is more than enough invulnerability when (if) Mesmer Skin drops, or you decide to recast it mid combat.

Also not really sure on Natural Talent when the only skill that really benefits from it is reave, while outside of danse. If danse is already active the gain is minimal since it is already sped up compared to normal.

Not that I'd use the enthrall augment as a replacement for either.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Why would you use rolling guard on Rev in the first place?

I don't personally use Rolling Guard on him. But some people like to use it on him in case they lose all their charges.

I've always preferred Natural Talent... jump casting (and as you noted Shield Gating) is enough already!

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Also not really sure on Natural Talent when the only skill that really benefits from it is reave, while outside of danse. If danse is already active the gain is minimal since it is already sped up compared to normal.

Not that I'd use the enthrall augment as a replacement for either.

Natural Talent benefits casting 1-3. Everything just feels smoother!

Archived