Issues and Concerns Going Forward (Ongoing)

(XBOX)Grimsley Clause

To preface, these are merely one man's thoughts on a wide variety of things within the game. You may or may not agree with me, and I may miss some things, either intentionally or accidentally. In which case, you are welcome to respond with one of the many things i'll likely miss.

I currently am MR29, with 3k+ hours into the game. I may not have the best opinions, but i've played long enough to grow resentful when I see so many bad things popping up one after another with seemingly no consideration, only to be met with the usual corporate response of "we're listening".

This year has been horrible update wise. Liches, Railjack, Scarlet Spear, and Deimos have been miserable disasters, with only Deadlock being "ok" at best.

I will be going forward in a list format, briefly explaining my issues in a category it is associated with.

Test Cluster (Arcana):

-Bone Widow has been appearing incredibly underwhelming. The overall abilities are weak to a laughable degree, with the exalted melee being nothing more than an Arch-Melee Skana. I could understand if it was placeholder, though the fact it is not already turns me off to the new Necramech, not even taking into account the other abilities with their sub-par use.

-Layered Grind: Every update, the game becomes more and more tedious, this is no news. However, it has gotten VERY bad within the last year across al the updates we've received since Railjack, with Deimos being the worst offender. So to give out such little content, and then just pad the ever-loving hell out of it, it's just not a system that can work and keep players happy. The rewards in these situations never are worth the effort, either, so doing them is not only a chore, but a punishment for continuing to play.

-Iso Vaults. Deimos is a content island, as such, it is greatly disappointing to see that they have already run out of ways to uniquely add in content without  needing to utilize already existing materials in order to pad out the very little content these updates actually bring. Currently, the new vaults and drop tables must be accessed by completing the regular Iso Vault before you can do the next tier. We'll order this with Vault 1, 2, and 3 being the base 3 vaults in the game as is, with 4, 5, and 6 being the new vaults added in this update. In order to reach Vault 6, you have to complete the other 5 vaults, or go 1, 4, 2, 5, 3, 6. Due to Deimos' repetitive nature, it's already boring and tedious doing the first 3 vaults, let alone 6 just to access new content. They should either be their own option to go straight into, or have a different, non-layered method of selecting the bounties to find instead. 

-In addition, with the state of the Bone Widow, and the current rewards table, not only are these new Iso Vaults not worth the time in the slightest, but it is a flat insult that DE expects us to do this consistently and repetitively, 6 of the same exact mission, run after run. This is paired with the new arcanes to create an extremely transparent pad for content, as each arcane needs 21 for a set, meaning that you will have to play these enough to get 63 arcanes, 21 for each of the 3 sets, without even bringing the drop table into account. 

-Steel Essence Nerf. Yes, it is a nerf. Steel Path is already a horrible thing, but I will get to that particular view later on. For Steel Essence specifically, however, the primary concern is the change from it being dropped normally from Exemi to being dropped from Acolytes. If there's one thing I've noticed over the years, it's that if there's a chance to kill Player's Choice, it's taken. If I recall correctly, you are able to receive up to a maximum of 30 Steel Essence a day from Acolytes when doing their "alerts". This has quintessentially bright back the regular Nitain Alert, in addition to severely nerfing the amount of Steel Essence you can get in a given day. It's not difficult to get a squad together and farm out 150+ essence in the various endless missions, some more than others, and do this consistently. Allowing players that can play Steel Path endurance style to allow themselves easier access to Kuva and Relics, as every other method of getting Kuva thus far is bland, boring, and stale. This nerfs this capability, and really means there is nothing left to do in Steel Path once you've gotten the current rewards from Teshin. This change should be an addition to the system, giving the players more choices for acquisition, not removing one and forcing another.

Grind of Deimos: 

-Repetition. Deimos' bounty options are incredibly limited, as the accompanying bounty steps have little to no variation from just a mobile defense. Even the excavation step is just a mobile defense at this point, as if it was not just an endless version of mobile defense before. Paired with the low pool of steps, their very similar nature, and the lackluster rewards, Deimos was dead on arrival, showing that despite having two open worlds prior, that it means nothing if you make the same exact mistakes with limited content within these massive worlds. Deimos has exacerbated this with the insolent grinds accompanied with every step of progress within it, in addition to the essentially non-existent content it has to begin with. Padding is not content. Arbitrary time gates are not content. And yet Deimos has it all.

-Latrox Une's first phase. While the second phase was a guaranteed failure most of the time before it was thankfully fixed, the first phase still has horrible drop rates for the parts needed to move on. The easiest solution would really just be to buff those rates, I have no idea why this has not been done. There is no reason for the first phase to take 30 minutes, and the second phase be done in 20 seconds.

-Lacking Content. As is common for most updates nowadays, Deimos dropped as incredibly barebones, missing any real meat and relying on padded grinds to make up for it. In addition to this, most content that was given within the update is either negligible or not worth the effort or time to acquire. Necramechs have great potential, despite being another example of older systems being added back for some reason, here being the stamina system, but are squandered entirely by their mod options, abilities being either broken or very "meh", their extremely weak melee, and the fact that they can only be used in the open worlds currently. It will likely be a long time before we see them able to be used elsewhere, and that is a pain for leveling considering they wish to make it so you are required to forma the Necramech 5 times at least to master. More on that later.

-Token System. We've all been asking for it, and once we got it, it obviously is a mixed reception. I do enjoy the idea of using tokens for exchanging items and standing, but it should not be the ONLY method of doing so. All the really happens is you get bored doing bounties, try to do some conservation but giving up as rare animals still seldom spawn, with Daughter, Otak, and Father being the only token givers that aren't overly invasive. Son and Grandmother could stand to see some reductions in their costs, as Son is more expensive to gild with than either Onkko or Little Duck, and Grandmother... really, who wants to grind for her tokens? It's a start, but still needs to see some economy changes and an additional way of earning standing. So far, it's been entirely monopolized by DE, with Daughter, Son, and Otak having purchasable specials, which are obvious cheap plat-grabs. They're not bad in practice, but they've shown they will take advantage of Son's special grind situation by adding a pay to win option for it.

Overall, Deimos is incredibly barebones, being a copy-paste mess with lacking content, with it showing that DE is not learning from their mistakes, nor really putting effort into finding ways to properly utilize Content Islands. I can safely say i'm sick of them, and really wish they'd just outsource a bit more like with the Sacrifice Questline so we at least could have some more to do.

Steel Path:

-This one will be quick. The mode needs to go. I'm not saying this as an "ooh, it too hard" or "ooh it's too easy". It legitimately does not deliver upon the idea of a hard mode. All that was done was a blanket buff using the old system for scaling, with higher enemy staring levels. Aside from Steel Essence and its lackluster use outside mass kuva acquisition, and the decorations for completing planets there is no reason to ever play it. The missions are not altered at all for an added challenge, whereas I thought for certain they would at least utilize the sortie variants of missions for the nodes. It's boring to play through with nothing to show for it, as even the drops from the missions have been poorly scaled, meaning there's no reason to do endurances. Considering as stated before they're nerfing Steel Essence anyway in terms of drops. It offers nothing to the players, and was a very poor implementation. It needs massive reworks as bullet sponge enemies are not hard. Bullet Sponges do not equal hard mission, Tedium does not equal difficulty. I've been turned off to the ode since it was implemented, and god help you if you want to fight the Zealoid prelate.

Railjack:

-DE pulled an EA of all things and stole the presentation for Anthem, then delivered the actual Anthem with Railjack. Everything about the mode is the opposite of what was promised. We were promised intricate and hefty space arenas to avoid dead space. All we get is large wide open dead space. Tanky enemies, annoying intrinsic acquisition, hell, they showed Corpus stuff during the trailer and all we have is Grineer and one little thing of Sentient. They're working on the Kuva Lich ship that was in the trailer now, but faking a huge presentation and launching to a disaster was an unbelievable move. We don't even have Command yet. I don't assume we will anytime soon. The AI in this game is horrible, and as such we will likely never see Command with the way everything else is coded. It's an empty mode with no real interaction with anything else in the game, so it still is currently another content island.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2 will come later. I have a headache, I will be talking about poor implementation systems like the DMC Juggling and other stuff later, please feel free to let me know if you agree or disagree with what i've said here, and even add your own points to add to something I said or bring up something I missed.

44 minutes ago, (XBOX)Grimsley Clause said:

The rewards in these situations never are worth the effort, either, so doing them is not only a chore, but a punishment for continuing to play.

Highly Subjective. Necramechs are worth the effort in my point of view. Can do any open world content including world bosses.

46 minutes ago, (XBOX)Grimsley Clause said:

I could understand if it was placeholder, though the fact it is not already turns me off to the new Necramech

We don’t know for sure if it’s placeholder. We’ll see tomorrow.

48 minutes ago, (XBOX)Grimsley Clause said:

Arbitrary time gates are not content.

It’s not content. It’s a way to prevent players to consume what the devs worked for months in minutes. Let’s be honest, if time gates are removed we would have done with the update in less than an hour.

50 minutes ago, (XBOX)Grimsley Clause said:

Steel Essence Nerf.

DE is very against doing long endurance runs and many players dislike endurance runs. Steel Path goal is to instantly access high level enemies without having to wait for hours in missions. This change is a win for the casual majority.

53 minutes ago, (XBOX)Grimsley Clause said:

The AI in this game is horrible

Well yes, but how do we expect DE to fix that? Smart AI is very compute heavy and many players runs on potatoes. Making the AI too smart will invoke the casual majority to demand making them less smarter, then we’re back to square one. 

I think you need to take a break from the game. 

Why does steel path need to go just because you don't like it? 

You're just one person. 

If you don't like something then don't participate. It's that simple. The game isn't here to cater to you.

You could have easily said "I don't like x, so I won't be participating much." But you seem to think your subjective opinion has so much worth it should delete entire parts of the game regardless if others like it or not....that's odd.

6 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I think you need to take a break from the game. 

Kinda been on one, but I still play as I do very much want to see it thrive. I just don't feel like the decisions made this past year have been good, and feel as if much of the content we've received has been half baked when there's potential for so much.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You're just one person. 

If you don't like something then don't participate. It's that simple. The game isn't here to cater to you.

You could have easily said "I don't like x, so I won't be participating much." But you seem to think your subjective opinion has so much worth it should delete entire parts of the game regardless if others like it or not....that's odd.

that's your subjective opinion. just because you are one of the few yes men doesn't mean that the huge majority of players are tired of the direction DE is going. sure you can keep going the way you like but don't expect DE's warframe to last forever, not with the direction DE is heading it now. so enjoy your stay as much as you like, don't like the roof cave in on you though.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You're just one person. 

I am just one person, you're right.

And this is merely my opinion. Not a demand nor magical facet that will force a change. 

12 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

absolutely not, it was added as an optional gamemode, simply not playing it will result in the same effect as removing it.

Indeed it does.

Until you have friends that go through it and want your help, essentially making you go through it over and over as I'm not just going to say no to my friends if im capable of doing it, just not liking it.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Grimsley Clause said:

Until you have friends that go through it and want your help, essentially making you go through it over and over as I'm not just going to say no to my friends if im capable of doing it, just not liking it.

and so logically, because you can't say no to friends, it has to be removed entirely? yeah...no... not happening.

First of all, imma appreciate the time and effort you took to write that post.

I am a veteran in another game, that's also been through a lot of updates since its introduction to the masses. But I'm a noob in warframe.

I have A LOT of "constructive criticism" for that other game I've been playing, but i have no real problem with warframe.

You probably can see where I'm going now. My experience as a veteran in that game really affects my view, i have problem with stuff that newer players are actually fine with. My time with the game has made me... highly subjective. 

I know warframe is not perfect -far from it. But i think we all should realize that devs sometimes focuses more on new players experience *cough new potential customers cough* and stuff like those. I can understand why they rush deimos. They want to have a new open world for next gen -this happened waaayyy before any of us know about the next gen stuff. So yeah, there's always more than meets the eye.

I took a break from that other game, now i mainly play warframe. Probably you should take a break from warframe, mate.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Grimsley Clause said:

I'm covering multiple topics and topic not in the game.

That's what general feedback is for.

I genuinely do not care at this point where I post it as it will not be read by who its written for anyway.

Then why bother? You care enough to write a part 2, apparently. Might as well post it where it might be seen by the devs.

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)Grimsley Clause said:

Indeed it does.

Indeed it does not. It needs to be rebalanced.

Kinda been on one, but I still play as I do very much want to see it thrive. I just don't feel like the decisions made this past year have been good, and feel as if much of the content we've received has been half baked when there's potential for so much.

A true break means you do not think about it, speak about it, and not touching anything related it with a ten foot pole. Speaking about the game while on break only make you hate the game more.

58 minutes ago, (XBOX)Grimsley Clause said:

Indeed it does.

learn to say no, will help you a lot in life

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Grimsley Clause said:

-snip-

I can understand a lot of that.

3 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Highly Subjective. Necramechs are worth the effort in my point of view. Can do any open world content including world bosses.

We don’t know for sure if it’s placeholder. We’ll see tomorrow.

Mechs are only useable in open worlds and they are not even usefull there, with their limited mobility or impact in fights like against the Orbs. They simply have no purpose atm. With mechs DE put a cart in front of the horse.
I would not call them placeholder, they are worse. Mechs will not go anywhere, like several similar additions I experienced in WF history - like K-Drives, Sharkwing, AW or operators. Mechs are a marketing tool to charm the audience with supposedly new ideas. We will get a second mech, then DE will focus on new stuff and abandon mechs altogether. Just another loose thread among many.

3 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

It’s not content.

That's what OP is saying. Pedding is not content; and too much of it is bad design. Pedding is a one-time consumable for existing players; for new players it is a mountain of pointless chores. That's why there are many abandoned modes in the game, since people never come back after they dug through pedding once.

17 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

that's your subjective opinion. just because you are one of the few yes men doesn't mean that the huge majority of players are tired of the direction DE is going. sure you can keep going the way you like but don't expect DE's warframe to last forever, not with the direction DE is heading it now. so enjoy your stay as much as you like, don't like the roof cave in on you though.

Others have probably said the same thing 3 or 4 years ago. The games still here and I think it's really fun. If you don't like it no ones making you stay. 

If warframe doesn't collapse like you say it's going to, then I guess you'll have something to drag yourself back to after being wrong.

Archived