Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

capture change of plans

anonimus_riga

37 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i third @-CdG-Zilchy comment. I buy relic packs now to catch up on Prime access. I cant be bothered to farm for them anymore. That along with rad shares and i can usually get what i want in a few days. I know RNG should state that its impossible, but somehow i still can start off a new prime access with 2-3 of the relics needed. For uncommon parts, i can just run public missions for it to drop if i dont have relic. Heck, i'll run public missions to get rares if im missing the relic and still get lucky more often than you would think. There are so many ways to get parts in this game. If all else fails, trade chat is there when youve had enough. 

Aww shucks, feelin the love. But yeh, I don't get the mad rush to farm a specific tileset for 1 relic type, then doing the next one etc for each relic type you need when you can casually store medallions and just buy all of them at once in a few minutes provided you have a few medallions.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Dr_Bruiser said:

I second Zilchy's comment.  I do exactly the same thing and got plenty of relics for Nezha and Zakti on release day.  I was short one piece for Guandao so I chose to farm a few relics for that rather than burn syndicate standing - that way, I could save more of my medallions for the next prime access when I might need multiple relics (instead of buying relic packs in the hopes of getting the ONE relic I actually need).  If you consistently farm the quick and easy syndicate missions and are relatively efficient in searching, you'll stockpile tons of medallions that you can cash in for more relics.  Depending how I feel and what other players are doing, I can either semi-rush the objective just checking for medallions along the way, or be a bit more thorough, but I'll never waste time looking for every last medallion.  I did two today and managed to find all 8 in two consecutive missions, picking up about 18000 worth of standing for 15 minutes of work.  That's enough for 1.5 relic packs banked for Octavia prime (or whoever comes next).  Each prime access lasts for months, so the medallions can really stack up if you're consistent.  

You second it, ok. I wasn't counting on someone claming they're avoiding farming relics, by farming that takes even longer, medallions.
So yeah, amazing job. You're not doing 5 minute missions for 2 relics, and instead doing 5 minutes for 1 relic (if you're lucky with the medallions you get, you might achieve 20k standing in one mission, BIG IF).

1 hour ago, ReaverKane said:

You second it, ok. I wasn't counting on someone claming they're avoiding farming relics, by farming that takes even longer, medallions.
So yeah, amazing job. You're not doing 5 minute missions for 2 relics, and instead doing 5 minutes for 1 relic (if you're lucky with the medallions you get, you might achieve 20k standing in one mission, BIG IF).

Not quite, he's most likely got Medallions stored up, I know I do. Now when PA lands if you have 3 Syndicates, straight up that's 18 relic packs without even touching medallions. That's 54 relics already. Meanwhile you're doing silly missions that give you a chance at ONE of the relics you need out of how many per prime access? If you're actually good you can find all 8 relics in about 5 minutes, provided you stick to the fast missions ie Exterminate, Rescue, Sabotage and even Spy, depending on the level. Corpus Hijack is also worth it and has set points for the medallions as do a select few defense maps that can be done fast with a speedva, mesa etc. So let's assume we don't get what we want in 54 relics, chances are it won't take many medallions to finish off what's required. And meanwhile that stack of very casually farmed medallions just grows bigger after each PA.

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Not quite, he's most likely got Medallions stored up, I know I do. Now when PA lands if you have 3 Syndicates, straight up that's 18 relic packs without even touching medallions. That's 54 relics already. Meanwhile you're doing silly missions that give you a chance at ONE of the relics you need out of how many per prime access? If you're actually good you can find all 8 relics in about 5 minutes, provided you stick to the fast missions ie Exterminate, Rescue, Sabotage and even Spy, depending on the level. Corpus Hijack is also worth it and has set points for the medallions as do a select few defense maps that can be done fast with a speedva, mesa etc. So let's assume we don't get what we want in 54 relics, chances are it won't take many medallions to finish off what's required. And meanwhile that stack of very casually farmed medallions just grows bigger after each PA.

Yeah, but here's the thing, EVERYONE has syndicates, i have 4, i usually get 24 relic packs and i still need to farm more. Because i get the standing naturally over time, so no worries. Anyone not doing that (unless they need the standing for the other stuff) is truly not very smart.

Now farming medallions on purpose, instead of relics?
Like i said, 8 medallions in 5 a minute run = 8k standing total (thinking you're getting around 4k from the actual mission), if you're getting all 500. If you're lucky, you might get a couple 1000 and one 5k (never seen more than one in a mission), so you'll maybe get 12k standing from a 5 minutes mission. Which means around half a relic pack. While i will do 10 waves of IO with a banshee in around that time, and get 2 relics.

MORE, i get 2 MESO relics (Extracting at 10 waves means AA in the rotation, both drops Meso Relics), which narrows the chance of me getting the relic i want to around 25%. When you open a pack, you have a 9.4% chance of getting a specific relic you need. So if you're incredibly lucky and manage to get 20k from medallions and a single mission in 5 minutes, you get a 9,4% chance of getting whichever relics you need, in the same time, i have 25%. I guess, your method is better, then.

For Liths, doing Hepit gets me a relic in 2 minutes or less. Which, again translates to a 25% chance every 5 minutes of gameplay.

Neos are kinda tricky, i still prefer the Interception method, although its kinda slow, but in around 10-12 minutes in Mithra, i have 3 Neo Relics ready, which gives me 37.5% chance of getting the one i want. (6-8 minutes for 25%).

Axi you do Lua Disruption, which means 1 axi per 2-4 minutes, depending on a lot of factors, but it also has one less relic than other missions (usually the one for unvaulted stuff, so farming those there not a choice, but i don't need those) you have a 14% chance of getting the relic you want if you only do B rotations (4,3,2,1,1,.. counduits), or you can do C rotations (always 4, slightly faster since you don't need to wait for the demolist to kill the thing) and have a small chance of getting 1k standing medallions or lua lens.

So even then, in the 5 minutes it takes you to get (in a utopic dream) 9% chance at the specific relic, by chosing the right missions and farming i have at WORSE (like pitifully poor performance) 14% chance of getting a specific relic. So yeah, you're trading one farm for a less efficient one, good on you.

So, yeah, you keep doing you!

1 minute ago, ReaverKane said:

Yeah, but here's the thing, EVERYONE has syndicates, i have 4, i usually get 24 relic packs and i still need to farm more. Because i get the standing naturally over time, so no worries. Anyone not doing that (unless they need the standing for the other stuff) is truly not very smart.

Now farming medallions on purpose, instead of relics?
Like i said, 8 medallions in 5 a minute run = 8k standing total (thinking you're getting around 4k from the actual mission), if you're getting all 500. If you're lucky, you might get a couple 1000 and one 5k (never seen more than one in a mission), so you'll maybe get 12k standing from a 5 minutes mission. Which means around half a relic pack. While i will do 10 waves of IO with a banshee in around that time, and get 2 relics.

MORE, i get 2 MESO relics (Extracting at 10 waves means AA in the rotation, both drops Meso Relics), which narrows the chance of me getting the relic i want to around 25%. When you open a pack, you have a 9.4% chance of getting a specific relic you need. So if you're incredibly lucky and manage to get 20k from medallions and a single mission in 5 minutes, you get a 9,4% chance of getting whichever relics you need, in the same time, i have 25%. I guess, your method is better, then.

For Liths, doing Hepit gets me a relic in 2 minutes or less. Which, again translates to a 25% chance every 5 minutes of gameplay.

Neos are kinda tricky, i still prefer the Interception method, although its kinda slow, but in around 10-12 minutes in Mithra, i have 3 Neo Relics ready, which gives me 37.5% chance of getting the one i want. (6-8 minutes for 25%).

Axi you do Lua Disruption, which means 1 axi per 2-4 minutes, depending on a lot of factors, but it also has one less relic than other missions (usually the one for unvaulted stuff, so farming those there not a choice, but i don't need those) you have a 14% chance of getting the relic you want if you only do B rotations (4,3,2,1,1,.. counduits), or you can do C rotations (always 4, slightly faster since you don't need to wait for the demolist to kill the thing) and have a small chance of getting 1k standing medallions or lua lens.

So even then, in the 5 minutes it takes you to get (in a utopic dream) 9% chance at the specific relic, by chosing the right missions and farming i have at WORSE (like pitifully poor performance) 14% chance of getting a specific relic. So yeah, you're trading one farm for a less efficient one, good on you.

So, yeah, you keep doing you!

OK read all that. The main thing you're not taking into contemplation is that you are targeting nodes for ONE relic type, whereas I'm getting all types. Assuming you do Radshares for each relic you're more often than not going to require around 3 -5 of that relic. The other main factor you're not considering is that on day 1, you're GRINDING for your relics, I'm not. I'm simply spending medallions I got over 3 months of occasionally hunting for them(I don't hunt them every day lol, maybe twice a week) and on PA day 1 I have all the relics straight away while you go off and grind for the next few hours. So which one is really faster? Getting it all done BEFORE prime release? Or grinding all afternoon AFTER prime release. Have a nice day.

7 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

Again, Zilchy has already pretty much made my point.  If you had read my post, you'd see that I said that I DID farm relics, but only when I was down to one type of relic that I needed.  When I need ONE type, I go and farm it - I don't waste my medallions when I could save them for the next PA and potentially get one or more of 12 relevant relics with each pack.

What you're not taking into account in your time calculations is that I do my medallion farming throughout the 2-3 month break after I'm done farming new primes.  I cherry pick the quick missions on days when I don't have other things to work on.  I am NEVER farming medallions to buy relic packs if I need a specific relic.

When the new relics are released, I burn all my accumulated standing, take stock of how many relics I picked up, then crack them until I am out of each one or I have the part I need.  Then I see how many relics I still need, cash in some medallions, buy relic packs, crack relics, rinse and repeat.  When I am down to one or two types of relics, I stop buying relic packs and then either farm a few specific relics in the usual places, or sometimes just ignore them if it is for a weapon that is just going to be mastery rank fodder (I'll be buying more relic packs with excess standing that I pick up passively over the next 2 months anyway and will often stumble over parts I need as I crack relics in random groups while doing other stuff).

I get that it is too late for this prime access to change your approach, so you're stuck grinding boring missions to pick up those last few relics that you need.  I only chimed in to say that Zilchy's approach is perfectly reasonable, not a waste of time and personally, I find it less frustrating.

Archived