Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Freezeup on fishing

Grunthorno

So I did the heart of deimos questline (how I discovered fishing), and I had no issues during the questline. However, after the questline when I got the spear from daughter (first rank one? Spari spear), I would go fishing and after a few spear throws, my controls would kind of freeze up. It wont let me move, swap off my spear, throw the spear, etc. I can still access the menu through esc. and open the map and such, but I cant move or control my character.

It happened numerous times on both deimos and cetus, I thought it might've had to do with my internet, but it happens as much when I'm the only one on as when I have family members in zoom calls and such. Is it just an issue with my PC?

Either way it's getting frustrating as I just want to sit there and fish.

(On a side note, the spear will occasionally fly in circles around me after a failed throw.)

I have been having this problem with the Deimos spears since Deimos launched. After today's update things are even worse; the endless softlock is only with the Deimos spears, but now the Fortuna spears re taking over 4 minutes(!) spinning to return when thrown and missed.

Unfortunately, we've been having a difficult time reproducing this issue. Can you please try verifying your download cache via. the Warframe launcher? You can do this by clicking on the little cogwheel located at the top-right corner. 

verf5.png

If this does not help, then could you please send us a copy of your EE.log file after you've had this issue occur? You can find your log file here, and you can submit it in a support ticket here. Thanks!

I exited, verified file, and started the game up again. I have not tried the Deimos spear softlock, but I continue to have issue with extended (multi-minute) wait times on failed spear throws with the Shockprod spear when it spins around you and you can pan the camera but not move or throw again.WarframeFishingBug.png

I have replicated the other bug (the one that softlocks on missing a throw with the Deimos spear) after several missed throws. Unlike the spin bug, in this one, my character catches the spear and is then frozen in the catch animation with no spinning spear.WarframeFishingBug2.png

Archived