Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More stances

nicolajtheking2

I honestly think we need more stances, some weapon "classes" only have 2 stances wich to me, feels quite underwhelming, i am aware that DE is currently working hard on Lavos along with Deimos Arcana, but i thought i would voice my concern since some of the "classes" seems to have been forgotten, such as: scythes and sword+shield.

39 minutes ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

I honestly think we need more stances, some weapon "classes" only have 2 stances wich to me, feels quite underwhelming,

what about the ones with just ONE stance? Nunchaku, Rapiers, Blade & Whips, and Two Handed Nikanas respectively.

-Nunchaku aren't really that popular but that might change for a bit with the Infested Nunchaku.

- Rapiers are good but are only single target, they need a stance that lets them hit multiple opponents. and yes, I'm aware how rapiers are used IRL, but in warframe, anyhting that can't hit multiple targets at once usually gets put to the wayside pretty fast.

- Defiled Snapdragon is already a pretty good stance, and Blade & Whips as a whole are a strong category, but some Variety would go a long way.

- THNs are the one I see the most complaints about, I've seen several threads recently regarding Wise Razor and that sword-flip combo, which is a little time consuming. IIRC there was a rumor of possibly a new stance for them coming, fingers crossed. 

36 minutes ago, (NSW)Filgaia said:

What I'd like at least is 1 easy to aquire stance for every weapon type. As someone who doesn't do conclave, do you think I could get a sword and shield stance? Nope, like getting kuva from a stone...

Hold up, there's already 2 sword and shield stances available outside of conclave...

27 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

what about the ones with just ONE stance? Nunchaku, Rapiers, Blade & Whips, and Two Handed Nikanas respectively.

-Nunchaku aren't really that popular but that might change for a bit with the Infested Nunchaku.

- Rapiers are good but are only single target, they need a stance that lets them hit multiple opponents. and yes, I'm aware how rapiers are used IRL, but in warframe, anyhting that can't hit multiple targets at once usually gets put to the wayside pretty fast.

- Defiled Snapdragon is already a pretty good stance, and Blade & Whips as a whole are a strong category, but some Variety would go a long way.

- THNs are the one I see the most complaints about, I've seen several threads recently regarding Wise Razor and that sword-flip combo, which is a little time consuming. IIRC there was a rumor of possibly a new stance for them coming, fingers crossed. 

I only liste 2 examples of "classes" that have few stance mods, if anything i would love to see all melee weapon "classes" have around 4-7 stances just so there is a choice.

It would be nice if every weapon class had at least two (PvE) stances, at least one of which had more open movement.  (Current examples: Vermillion Storm and Shimmering Blight.)

Another thing I'd like which would help give the feeling of more variety is every stance getting all 4 standard control combos.  A bunch only have 3 or 2.  Which pretty much relegates them to the dust bin AFAIC.

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

To me the big need for rapiers is a stance with movement that's more open.  Personally, I'd be pretty disappointed if we got such a stance but it had fewer thrusts and  a bigger emphasis on 360 attacks  than Vulpine Mask does.  High range, straight line "aoe" would be fine. 

I'm a dumb fencing nerd though, and probably not as concerned with Mass Murder Efficiency Rating as many players.

38 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

To me the big need for rapiers is a stance with movement that's more open.  Personally, I'd be pretty disappointed if we got such a stance but it had fewer thrusts and  a bigger emphasis on 360 attacks  than Vulpine Mask does.  High range, straight line "aoe" would be fine. 

I'm a dumb fencing nerd though, and probably not as concerned with Mass Murder Efficiency Rating as many players.

Efficiency of mass murder > fencing

Archived