I am, or have been, a 100%er. I just fed my only Xaku and Grendel, potatoed and forma-ed, to Helminth.

Chroia

And it occurs to me this might warrant a feedback post.

As my completionism indicates, I'm down for quite a bit of grind. (Heck, early on in my 'career', I spent earned plat on Ancient Fusion Cores of the various rarities for codex completion.)
Xaku and Grendel are the only frames I don't have a duplicate of, including all of the Simaris ones.

I even went so far as to refarm all the Xaku parts, as I was going to build a duplicate to feed Helminth (and what a pain that was)... Until I opened the Foundry to build it and re-discovered that it requires 5 Scintillant.
But having done more Deimos bounties and Iso vaults than I can count, with boosters, I currently have a grand total of 0 Scintillant. Thankfully after I built one of everything in Deimos that needs it.

Combine that with the fact that Xaku doesn't have a role in my arsenal, and - despite the fact that the incoming changes should make Xaku much better / less rigid a build - yeah, I am not doing that again.

(Sure, I could spam rot A of the 15-25 bounty, except that bounties, for the most part, are throttled by spawn rate, and if I'm playing Warframe, I want to be playing Warframe, not watching an egg timer.
I have better things to do with my time and patience.)

As to Grendel, I wasn't expecting much from him when he was announced, but to my surprise I actually quite enjoyed him.
I also much prefer his deterministic method of acquisition.

But, again, no uncontested role in my arsenal (due to both spawn caps not playing nice with his 'hold enemies in belly", and the 'VIP CC resist' limiting his utility against, well, VIPs).
My issue with him is that 2/3 of his missions are x2 as long as they need to be, with the first half of the Surv and Def being neither dangerous nor interesting, simply padding out the mission length. The Excavation at least, due to the mission structure, requires you stay on our toes even in the earlier Excavators... because Excavators.
And, as above, I have better things to do with my time and patience.

(For reference, the Excavation can be completed in ~8 minutes, the Survival is 20 minutes, the Defense is 20 waves - which comes out to 30ish minutes.)

So, take that for what it's worth.

Not really sure what the point of this post is, as you've not really drawn any conclusions here.

Xakus abit tricky to farm though for sure, as not only the pieces but also the scin is abit of a grind. I bought the first, and made the second. Grendal ive not done the missions so i cant comment there, i just bought it.

I should note that Xaku has a role in my arsenal as the frame im maining Steel Path with. Hes super op atm, just need QoL fixes.

We need more Scintillant drops. I have yet to get one after running quite a few bounties and iso vaults. Not fun grinding for that.

As for the frames, I cant really speak to Xaku since I haven't built him yet, and Grendel is not fully leveled. I like Grendel because he's fun to play, but as far actually having a role, yah... not really. He can delete just about any unit with his 1, even Nox. Pressing 1 is slightly faster than aiming for the head... idk

Really though, I think in some cases it make sense to design content where certain frames perform better, rather than creating a frame for existing content. Like if Xaku offered something really valuable for Deimos bouties and vaults, I would probably use him. Maybe he has a special interaction with infested enemies or a trick that makes defeating necrameches easier, idk...

Not sure the point of your  post even us consoles have had scintillant drops fixed and it now drops from second bounty iso are also produced scintillant from the floaters. i got my 5 and feed xhku number2 to helminth. Grendel while i need to do arbitration isn't a hard farm now i know frames to take to farm him. So why you wasted forma and reactors is just making more work for yourself.

5 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Congratulations, OP - you've taken the first step on the road to recovery. The hema is what cured my 100%-ness. Saying no to items gets a lot easier after the first refusal.

Excalibur Prime cured that too. Once you have one exception, it's incredibly easy to keep making more. :) 

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

Excalibur Prime cured that too. Once you have one exception, it's incredibly easy to keep making more. :) 

There is always an excuse to be f2p completionist...until you make your first purchase. Excalibur prime is a great reminder to keep that goal.

Archived