Nightwave and Deimos - A missed opportunity?

DenGraaSumpPirat

I can't seem to find another thread about it, so hopefully not reposting.

It seems to me, a missed opportunity with all of the Nightwave challenges (conservation, k-drive races and missions), that none of them are in the Cambion Drift.

It is a lot of free "promotion" being left on the table for the most recent major update, and the challenges could help players with collecting everything they need in the Drift.

I hope they change the k drive races first there not like fortuna which is speed only, these are way points which are very hard to spot or easy to miss flow of travel is terrible, not managed to finish one yet. (This was at launch so if its been change i missed the patchnote on it). As for captures yep nice bring it on. Some other things yeah needs fixes first. Cambion is far from nw friendly but maybe failure of nw missions will result in changes with the outcry from players.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Yes, one thing of it was to cut "specifics" from challenges i.e. "this or that open world" and turn it into "works in all open world's".. especially considering there are more than 1 now..

I think that diminishes the point of them, though. I definitely understand that fishing is fishing is fishing, but the goal is both getting players to interact with the system and interacting with the specific open world.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Same with cutting the "rare" part from fishing and mining since it adds absolutely nothing. 

This could perhaps be done, but I think if it were to be done the numbers would be increased quite dramatically. Getting a rare item usually takes longer and thus if the rare tag were removed the quantity would have to make up for the time. You could argue that there is no need to have it take a specific minimum to reach it, but I believe that could also subtract from the experience since the goal is still for it to be a bit of a challenge at least(even if only a endurance one).

I like the fishing one since you can use bait to make it easier(even if I rarely use it), I would like if there was a way to make mining have a higher chance of getting a rare. Would have to be a consumable, I guess, since currently the specific drill actually counts as a chance booster.

Archived