Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe DE should just delete region chat

JackHargreav

The Zero tolerance policy is mainly to comply with the faulty system, this way by saying you agree with a zero tolerance policy, they are always right about all kicks/bans.

If a serious mistake happens, support can always remove the ban, which is why most words only get you chat suspended. Only certain words trully deserve harsher punishment.

I'm not against a zero tolerance policy altought with everything you need to use it with moderation, fair to say moderators in chat are more likely to nail the situation properly, the bots are tools to prevent spam and whatnot but sometimes i believe they added to many pointless words, the bots are supposed to help, not do the work of actual moderators.

The reason i'm not against the policy is when i compare chat or the official discord with 3rd party discords, certain users may behave wonderfully in one place and then on another have like a 95% posting history that revolves around cursing, swearing and other offensive interactions, revealing the underlying issue that the moderators there or even the admins are even worse than the players themselves.

So trying to promote a healthy enviroment where players can talk without being bombarded with haters or insults is a good thing, think about it, you can trade, recruit and talk about all things warframe (and even random chit chat) without having to worry about potential problematic users.

But the bots may require some tweaking, removing the message and getting the user messaged about the word that triggered the bot may be better than a flat out suspension.

The aproach of "using cannon balls to kill ants" isn't always the solution

Archived