Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Augment Suggestion

DenGraaSumpPirat

Wisp is by far my favorite frame, and with her entire kit there is just one thing I can think of to bring her to perfection.

The craving for this augment really shines through when doing Sortie Defense, as the defense target seems to insist on standing as far from the motes as possible.

So my wish for a new Augment:

Spoiler

"Mote runner"

When placing a mote on an existing similar mote, the second will be picked up.

Each mote carried will consume XX energy per second.

To make it not too easy, I suggest that a mote can only be carried if another is placed, and if the placed mote is destroyed by nullifier, the carried mote will be dropped.

I think the drain should be somewhat significant, so it won't be super OP.

Let me know what you think, if this could be viable, or if it needs tweaks to avoid being "game breaking" OP

Energy drain sounds absolutely awful.

Also (good) augments rarely have downsides. Their main downside is that they occupy a mod slot already. There's nothing game breaking about the idea. It's already like that if you and your squad don't forget to visit the current motes every 40 seconds or so. Basically your augment would trade a stationary set of motes against a mobile one (on yourself, like buff aura/s) since you can't have an infinite number of them placed. I'd assume the carried motes would still count as "placed". 

Sounds interesting otherwise. I could see myself slot it in without the energy drain.

A litle energy drain is no big deal and would be balanced (says Oberon player). Free indefinite buff auras seem a little OP in my opinion. I like the proposed augment.

For reference, Oberon's renewal drains a set amount of energy per second only granting health regen and armor. On top of that, it drains EXTRA energy if it is actually healing someone or something. It also DOESN'T buff movement and attack speed nor stun enemies.

On 2020-11-19 at 5:44 PM, DenGraaSumpPirat said:

Let me know what you think, if this could be viable, or if it needs tweaks to avoid being "game breaking" OP

Why not just use more efficiency/duration/max-energy?
And the problem is it will prevent some energy restoration.

Archived