Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We still don't have a crit-based nikana

Hierarch777

We have hybrid (Nikana, Dragon Nikana, Nikana Prime) and status-based one (Skiajati). 

I know we can make crit-based nikana Zaws, but I'm referring to weapons DE themselves make. 

Also, since we're on the topic of nikanas, some tweaks to the old stances would be very appreciated (especially Tranquil Cleave). Their forward combos are quite restrictive in movement. 

3 minutes ago, Prexades said:

28% base crit chance on the Nikana Prime, makes it a crit based Nikana.

*drops Mic*

It's not just the crit chance, though. What really makes a crit weapon is multiplier, and the Nikana Prime is above average there too.

I kinda feel like saying "We should have a purely crit nikana," is almost synonymous with "we should have a nikana, but worse," unless it comes with an improvement not to crit chance but to its crit multiplier, and possibly some kind of passive.

31 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Every Nikana is crit-based...

Very true, even the base Nikana has 16% CC.

However, I could totally go for a Nikana that's far more about Status with a stupid high Attack Speed. Why not make it an Infested one that blows up the enemy in a Viral explosion when they're killed by a Heavy Attack? How about a Corpus one that sucks nearby enemies in on a Heavy Slam kill? What about a Grineer one that acts as a pseudo-Exalted Blade when you get enough kills? Have a mix of multiple themes that other Nikanas don't really delve into.

they're pretty much all Crit vciuable AND status viable anyway, so while I do love getting big colorful numbers, I don't see the problem here.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Why not make it an Infested one that blows up the enemy in a Viral explosion when they're killed by a Heavy Attack? How about a Corpus one that sucks nearby enemies in on a Heavy Slam kill? What about a Grineer one that acts as a pseudo-Exalted Blade when you get enough kills? Have a mix of multiple themes that other Nikanas don't really delve into.

I know they don't count, but we have Skins for Nikanas to make them faction based. I'd also really like Teshin's Dual Nikanas, which would make for a worthy and appropriate Steel path reward.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

they're pretty much all Crit vciuable AND status viable anyway, so while I do love getting big colorful numbers, I don't see the problem here.

I know they don't count, but we have Skins for Nikanas to make them faction based. I'd also really like Teshin's Dual Nikanas, which would make for a worthy and appropriate Steel path reward.

Very true, but I think that's just more of a "cool" thing to me, I'd still really like my weapons to be diversified across all of the factions. For the sake of this being a video game, I don't see why each faction wouldn't have their own versions of each weapon type, the Corpus are getting briefcase guns for crying out loud.

Teshin's Dual Nikanas would be pretty cool, but I unfortunately don't see DE trying to add another Melee weapon type to the roster anytime soon. It's still totally possible, and I'm sure that would open up some more interesting weapons (like hook swords for instance).

Personally I'm still hoping for Dual Whips so I can act like Kratos from GoW.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Teshin's Dual Nikanas would be pretty cool, but I unfortunately don't see DE trying to add another Melee weapon type to the roster anytime soon. It's still totally possible, and I'm sure that would open up some more interesting weapons (like hook swords for instance).

I'd still be fine with them using regular Dual Sword Stances, Swirling Tiger is not to be sneered at when it comes to status procs. Hook Swords would be cool though!

hook swords | Tumblr

37 minutes ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Very true, even the base Nikana has 16% CC.

However, I could totally go for a Nikana that's far more about Status with a stupid high Attack Speed. Why not make it an Infested one that blows up the enemy in a Viral explosion when they're killed by a Heavy Attack? How about a Corpus one that sucks nearby enemies in on a Heavy Slam kill? What about a Grineer one that acts as a pseudo-Exalted Blade when you get enough kills? Have a mix of multiple themes that other Nikanas don't really delve into.

Unique gimmicks are the only way to make weapons special these days. Since Warframe Revised, there are just much less compelling weapons and build variety if you really understand modding. Sure, everything kills the paper enemies, but every good weapon has crit and status at the base. I really like your suggestions. We need more interesting mechanics to set weapons apart, but these mechanics should not replace good base stats. If the weapon has a gimmick but has no crit + status, you end up with something like the Mutalist Quanta.

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

Unique gimmicks are the only way to make weapons special these days. Since Warframe Revised, there are just much less compelling weapons and build variety if you really understand modding. Sure, everything kills the paper enemies, but every good weapon has crit and status at the base. I really like your suggestions. We need more interesting mechanics to set weapons apart, but these mechanics should not replace good base stats. If the weapon has a gimmick but has no crit + status, you end up with something like the Mutalist Quanta.

Sonicor, Acrid, Stug, Hikou Prime, Amphis, etc.

Sadly there are a lot of weapons that just have the gimmick and don't really offer much else.

Archived