Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I play Warframe for this reason...

Velitria

I play Warframe to play Warframe. I don't play Operators. I don't play Nechamechs. I don't play Railjack. I don't play Archwing. I don't play Kdrives. I have used them for their purposes extensively and do appreciate the existance of some, but they are all islands that are not what I, or realistically, anyone gets on Warframe to play.

Operators are... DE forcing you to not play Warframe and use operators because they are the only things that deal damage for content they created called Eidolons. <-- not warframe.

Nechamechs are... DE soon to force you into using them for content that will require them, and when available in every normal mission, will most likely be made stronger and irrelevant to ever use Warframes if they are available.

Railjacks are... DE forcing you use create and use a ship because your Warframe can't do anything for this content.

Archwings are... DE forcing you to use entirely different weapons and abilities with no capabilities of the Warframe, in order to do content that is specifically required for it (soon to be assimilated into purely Railjack, except it is still archwing because you can't use frame abilities or weapons and have to use the garbage under-developed trash that is archwing and hasn't had anything added to it in more years than I can physically remember other than to nerf itzal's blink because of how it related to open-worlds... not archwing.

Kdrives are the least bad on this list (not ordered by bad if you were wondering because that would be archwing at the top). Kdrives are... so close to being part of Warframe with being able to shoot on a kdrive (aside from the part where beam weapons still don't work at all). They can't be used in every mission type for an unknown reason and the ability to have that would be near non-existent effort to allow in regular missions. If all kdrives did was alter the capacity to move and one could use abilities, melee, shoot primaries, use heavy weapons, etc... I would actually like that content a lot. They need more mods though...

I am missing a few areas but listing them all wasn't the point. The point is also different than expected from reading this as well.

The point of all this is to express that I do play all content in this game, but the content islands are hurting the game. Yes, I like how they can all tie together (especially railjack, archwing, and warframe), but I don't like the operator/warframe interaction at all for eidolons in restricting damage to them. The capacity to oneshot the shields every time already exists at perfect timing, but the annoyance is that it requires a setup of operators and not warframes. It just isn't fun and I've done them hundreds of times, because I had to in order to get arcanes.

I can legitimately smell the requirement of nechamechs to do damage in future content as yet another barrier and taking away from warframe. 

I like that DE tied all the things together, but instead of creating gates and barriers that require each area, make them just better at it. For operators, eidolons would need a ton more shields and amps to have weapon mods apply to amps, Void damage can be more effective, but it shouldn't be the only thing that works unless you make amps convert all damage to void damage innately from elemental mods or some loophole. Operators need to get buffed as an "ally" from warframes ability/passive bonuses. Currently only a Volt Shield works because it affects the projectiles and not the operator (the single ability greatest imaginative ability btw because the person that created it thought outside the box to buff projectiles and not the weapon. DE needs more people who think of more options and ways to do thinks creatively as that is what interests players into not thinking everything is the same).

Either way, this is killing the game because the devs don't understand, to be frank.

I like operators with my maxed focus tree for the benefit it can give to my frame as a supportive influence (not for damage).

I would like railjack if it was as filled with much content as normal warframe such as the diverse mission types (and please stop requiring a specific amount of enemies to kill, nobody likes that) Also, there are no endless farm missions in railjack, which attributes to effectively "the massive majority" of the reason why you play any game. Nobody likes requeuing for a mission, that's wasted time. 

I would like Archwing if the abilities were as broad, balanced, and numerous to the options as with the core game with warframes. I would also really appreciate if archweapons didn't suck and had more options (also remove space melee please, stances are the best quality to melee and the realistic distances in space don't make any sense to ever have a melee, not to mention physics just as the capability to swing...). The melee in space could be through abilities that ram and such. The weapons of archwing suck so bad as well, which is partly due to no archwing buffing capabilities like warframes.

I already stated what would make me and everyone else like Kdrives.

To be honest, I do play all things, and do, to some extent, appreciate all content in the game, but there are so many issues that get ignored which are real issues that keep me away off and on (*cough* defection ai getting stuck, dying, and taking significantly longer to complete, and doing 8 wave runs every other day for 6 months straight and never getting the harrow part).

Well, that sums up a good picture of things, I guess it all lands on if the Devs want the fabled words "better game".

At this point, me and many others don't have high hopes that DE will do anything, but I said my part to try. Instead of discrediting and saying it is directly bad, I gave everything I could think of for how to make what already is... better. Maybe at some point I will feel more interested to play this game some more if they take my advice.

For my part, i play warframe, even after all these years (since open beta started) because of the diversity. Sure, i dont like Kdrives, but i appreciate they are there.

Its also the reason i spend so much money on this game. I put my money where my mouth is, and have bought every prime access there has ever been. The game keeps getting better and better. But it also gets bigger and bigger, with more and more bugs that need fixing. Still, i appreciate that they fix what they can when they can. Its not like any games come out these days without significant bugs, and i think for the scale and complexity of the game its not all that bad. Especially when you see things like Anthem where it was just abandoned.

While i can understand how you feel here, you could look at it another way. Would the game still be interesting if you only had warframes? Or would it be even grindy-er, even more repetitive? They probably wouldnt have added open worlds, as its the same out of the comfort zone experience as all the other things. The game is better for these sometimes weird additions, even if i dont like them (im looking at you kdrives!).

19 minutes ago, Velitria said:

Operators are... DE forcing you to not play Warframe and use operators because they are the only things that deal damage for content they created called Eidolons. <-- not warframe.

As you state later on, I also do like operators for the additional supporting, and movement capabilities.

21 minutes ago, Velitria said:

Railjacks are... DE forcing you use create and use a ship because your Warframe can't do anything for this content.

Railjack is.. well, still to much of an island, and really needs some diversity. I personally liked the Scarlett Spear Railjack mission type (when it worked), because it was less about flying Railjack and more playing Warframe.. I am though excited to see what Corpus Railjack is giong to bring.

24 minutes ago, Velitria said:

Archwings are... DE forcing you to use entirely different weapons and abilities with no capabilities of the Warframe, in order to do content that is specifically required for it (soon to be assimilated into purely Railjack, except it is still archwing because you can't use frame abilities or weapons and have to use the garbage under-developed trash that is archwing and hasn't had anything added to it in more years than I can physically remember other than to nerf itzal's blink because of how it related to open-worlds... not archwing.

yeah... I really hope the upcoming (been teased for a looong time) revamp of Archwing is going to be good. But to be honest, I've had a strained relationship with Archwings ever since they were added to the game.

Except for open world, where they are an absolute godsend!

1 hour ago, Velitria said:

Nechamechs are... DE soon to force you into using them for content that will require them, and when available in every normal mission, will most likely be made stronger and irrelevant to ever use Warframes if they are available.

They look kind of cool

Summed up.. I agree with you on a lot of points.. I like Warframe for Warframe... I also miss the old parkour system tbh..

The Necramech as an old war artifact is fine, and using that in the context of the Old War is fine and engaging.

Space Wheelchair is forced content for an arbitrary mode and Space Hallway and Red Hallway and White Hallway and Skyrim Hallway are no different than standard hallway tile set. None. The reason they run like crap is they're designed the same as the other hallways. Tweenage Murderhobo is literal design greeble and plays like design greeble and feels like design greeble.

15 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Would the game still be interesting

As a game designer of approaching twenty years, if your core loop stops being of interest and engagement, there are no amount of hallways you can add that will fix that. Core Loop is key, Core Loop is king.

"I play metal gear to fight metal gears, not to sneak around, not to manage troops, not to shoot people, not to listen to NPCs talking, not to Listen to some story.
Sneaking around is.... Konami forcing to me to play a stealth game. I don't want to play a stealth game, I want to fight giant robots.
Managing troops is... Konami forcing me to play an RTS game. I don't want that, I want to fight giant robots.
Shooting people is... Konami forcing me to shoot as small weak humans instead of giant robots. humans are boring, robots are cooler.
Listening to NPCs talking is.... Konami forcing me to listen to boring conversations instead of spending time fighting giant robots.
Listening to story is.... Konami forcing me to slog through some boring story just so I can fight some giant robot, this ones not as bad cause sometimes the giant robot is in the story.
In short, Konami is ruining their game by introducing tons of non giant robot mechanics that I don't like."

seriously. ALL of the things you mentioned are part of warframe. just because they weren't there from the games very inception does not make them any less valid than the  "core gameplay", if that were true then the only real gameplay would be slowly walking through dark corpus hallways with terrible guns and little to know mods or methods of survival doing nothing but 3 different mission types over and over again for no reason. All the different content that DE has introduced over the years has been for the goal of adding things for all kinds of players to enjoy, not to create content that any one player can totally enjoy. different people will enjoy different things, and catering solely towards any one group is a surefire way to kill your game.

55 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

The Necramech as an old war artifact is fine, and using that in the context of the Old War is fine and engaging.

Space Wheelchair is forced content for an arbitrary mode and Space Hallway and Red Hallway and White Hallway and Skyrim Hallway are no different than standard hallway tile set. None. The reason they run like crap is they're designed the same as the other hallways. Tweenage Murderhobo is literal design greeble and plays like design greeble and feels like design greeble.

As a game designer of approaching twenty years, if your core loop stops being of interest and engagement, there are no amount of hallways you can add that will fix that. Core Loop is key, Core Loop is king.

utilize schitts creek GIF by CBC

Teasing aside I'm not totally sure I follow what you're saying here. Can you please reconstruct this without the obtuse language? I'm honestly not sure if you're trying to compare warframe to other games, warframe to itself, the warframes to the non-warframes, game mechanics to aesthetics or just generally trying to be silly.

I'm a bit confused by your argument, because you start with talking about how different mission types are "forcing you to not use Warframes", but then for most of your examples you say that they'd be fine if they just had more content.

Eidolons and Operators are pretty much entirely optional. You don't need Arcanes to make a good build. The only other reason to use Operators is wiping Sentient resistances, which is irrelevant to gear as even a single tick from the Mote Amp will do the job.

K-Drives are possibly the least required content in Warframe. They are literally skateboards whose only purpose is to be a fun method of transport. If you don't enjoy them, you have access to a jetpack that is faster for transport. Shooting from them is a fun novelty but clearly isn't meant to be some meta skill to make K-Drives "more relevant".

Necramechs are currently entirely optional. Maybe Necramechs will have a mandatory use in the future, but there's no way it will be a significant aspect of progression. Maybe it will drop some Arcanes or something, or some Mods which aren't as good as what we already have, but you certainly won't be missing out if you don't enjoy grinding it.

Railjack is also entirely optional, and even if you need to use it for something like Scarlet Spear, you can just jump into someone else's Railjack for free. You mention that Railjack might be better if it had as "much content as normal warframe", but if you don't like systems where you are forced to play differently to the base game, then how can you justify the devs putting in a huge amount of effort to make an optional side task as deep as the rest of the game? Besides, they are already working on adding more content.

Archwing is the most relevant thing on this list. DE has put a lot of work into Archwing, going from some pointless side missions, to a "flying mount" system alongside a Railjack boarding tool. You don't actually need to put much work into Archwing to make it viable for most tasks it can currently do. You can even level up the guns as ground weapons. Again you mention that Archwing would be good if it had as many options as Warframes, but when they're primarily used as assistance for other mission types, and you don't like being forced away from Warframes, I don't see how you can justify DE putting that much effort in.

Overall the key thing is that all of these tasks are optional, and if you don't enjoy them as they are then you aren't missing out if you choose to ignore them. Plenty of people do enjoy these tasks, and DE puts real effort into improving their gameplay to make them work as intended. But the fact that they are optional is what allows them to be so unique, and Warframe has thrived on that philosophy.

16 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

Eidolons and Operators are pretty much entirely optional...

K-Drives are possibly the least required content in Warframe...

Necramechs are currently entirely optional...

Railjack is also entirely optional,..

Several questions:

1. If all this content is optional, then what is left of Warframe?
  2. If all this content is optional, then in what direction did Warframe develop itself over the last 4-5 years?
  3. If all this content is optional, where would the game be if develompent time would be rather spent on core features like Frames, Arsenal, enemy units, AI, damage system, modding system?
17 hours ago, Spectre-8 said:

Playing Warframe is optional btw .

Just like leaving meaningfull comments/feedback.

On 2020-11-21 at 2:03 AM, ShortCat said:

Several questions:

1. If all this content is optional, then what is left of Warframe?
  2. If all this content is optional, then in what direction did Warframe develop itself over the last 4-5 years?
  3. If all this content is optional, where would the game be if develompent time would be rather spent on core features like Frames, Arsenal, enemy units, AI, damage system, modding system?

All the features are optional on their own, but there is a massive selection of optional tasks. Warframe relies on the idea that with all the optional tasks to do, players will enjoy a varied selection. If you don't enjoy ANY of the optional tasks available, many of which are just core gameplay with a fancy objective, then sure you might want to stop playing. But DE has been largely successful at providing enough content that most players will enjoy most available content to some degree, and the stuff they can't tolerate won't be holding them back. And the time DE puts into improving all those optional tasks allows more people to enjoy or continue enjoying them.

Another key thing to note is that without all the variety of content, Warframe probably wouldn't be doing nearly as well. If there was nothing to do except run-loot-shoot-stab down randomly-generated corridors, people would probably start to get bored before too long.

On 2020-11-19 at 4:38 PM, -Kittens- said:

What would you say should be the core loop DE needs to re-valuate on in Warframe?

Too real, my experience with elements of the game you mentioned went like this:

• I didn't bother with operator stuff because there are only 2 viable focus trees and operator is useless to me otherwise. Its a nice escape button, but using amps and "25 damage per second while you're cloaked" gimmicks in combat gives me crippling depression. It simply doesn't feel good to me, to #*!%ing crawl around the bushes, as a little ugly child to fart lazors at a huge slow target that has magical invincibility barrier against all of my weapons and abilities.
  • Because operator combat was so bad, I didn't bother with Eidolons. None of their drops interested me, as I already had all the useful arcanes by the time of their release. I killed the weakest eidolon around 3 times to attempt to grind for operator weapons, but it was so boring that I just gave up. Didn't want to search for a party since everyone in the recruiting chat was a "9 SETS OF EIDOLONS IN 5 SECONDS BRING CHROMA" tryhard. When DE scammed the playerbase and nerf-buffed arcanes I just bought the ones I needed as I had enough plat and would rather spend it than suffer the operator-based combat.
  • Archwing was a mess at release and I had to force myself to complete AW nodes and it was so bad that I don't even remember how I did it. That being said, Amesha is actually useful to cheese and speed-through most of the open-world content without even trying. Its good because of how grindy OW syndicates are. However, I suppose its bad enough to the point where even DE gave up on it. Most likely because it was an early version of Railjack that is now completely useless and inferior compared to the fully realized idea.
  • I only bothered with Railjack several months after its release because it reminded me of early archwing days. But it wasn't too bad as a game mode since it actually felt satisfying to use the ship. However, I am a solo player and it was infuriating to see how developers cheese YOU, the player, with all the stupid micro-management and tricks such as "OH YOU LEFT THE STEERING WHEEL? TIME FOR ENEMIES TO LAUNCH THE BOARDING PARTIES THAT ARRIVE FROM RANDOM SPOTS ON YOUR SHIP EVEN IF YOU SEE THAT THEY HIT IT FROM A SPECIFIC POINT!" It also felt weird that my archwing weapons dealt more damage than my ship ever could. I made it through almost all nodes and learned to cheese it in the process. Didn't bother after that.
  • Right now I'm at a "Friend" level with Entrati and haven't done even 1 Necramech mission aside from the quest-related tutorial. Unless DE really push for some amazing Necramech-exclusive rewards - I won't even bother. Mechs, as much as I love WH40k, look weak and slow. Yeah, yeah, 1 of them deals 94201241kk damage, I don't care though - because 100k damage that I can do with my smol guns is enough to steamroll through everything. And I can also have more survivability and mobility while I'm at it.
  • I would forget that KDrives exist if DE didn't throw them at me via devstreams for several weeks prior to their release instead of sharing some actually interesting information. Inferior to Archwing, a gimmick with no real draw. Someone probably likes it, good for them.

I remember back in 2013 I was expecting devs to add some fun shooting mechanics and greatly improve melee. Its 2020, melee is a boring spamfest now and shooting remained the same. Hell, even bullet jumping doesn't feel new because I used the slide+jump trick that had the same bindings to move around instead of coptering. AI is as dumb as it was. Maps still have next to no interactivity. Good enemy designs are overshadowed by 2013 braindead grunts and "I turn off your abilities and render several core mechanics useless" units. Warframe abilities slowly get more and more complicated and its good, but considering how selfish they are and how little interactivity there is BETWEEN frames, it actually feels like nothing has changed. Game grew in size, but its all fat that is hanging off the sides. The amount of meat hasn't changed.

That being said, I don't think its killing the game. Not in a dramatic QUICK way, at least. People love all that stuff. Haven't you seen the newbies GUSH about how "deep" Warframe is? Its perfect for your average consumer:

• Requires next to no brains to master, but fools you into believing that it does by not giving you neccessary information to learn about the game, thus creating a feeling of discovering some unspoken secrets when you realize how it actually works.
  • Provides plenty of distractions and allows you to feel like you've experienced and have many more things to do.
  • Has co-op that makes the game even easier and allows people to show off to each other, creating an illusion of overcoming challenges through co-operation, even though the AI is so weak that you can do perfectly fine even on your own.
  • Has a lot of playable classes that for the most part play the same but provide their specific benefits and are easy to use. Weaker players can always acquire a braindead frame like Inaros, Hildryn or Wisp and have the time of their life, thinking "Oh I don't suck at this game, I just haven't found the class for ME!" Most frames can sustain themselves and easily fill several traditional roles. Even more true now that Helminth is a thing. You can easily be a tank, a DPS and a healer, while also SHARING said benefits with other players. Everyone is a winner!
  • There are also weird gimmicky ways to play - great thing for off-meta players.
  • The game has great visual customization - people like pretty things, especially if said pretty things are their own unique creations.
  • Has relatively tame monetization, coupled with an indie underdog story - everyone wants to support an underdog indie company. Even if it ceased to be one long ago.
  • The sheer amount of clutter keeps nosy reviewers out. How many people, do you think, know about the sheer toxicity of rivens and riven economy? About the kuva nerfs and meta-regulations? Not many, especially not outside of the vet ranks. BUT, how many people do you think know about DE removing a doggo re-color button? EVERYONE. Yay for DE - they removed terrible RNG machine! Now no one will ever "roll" the dice for the same item 100 times. HEH! It would take more than 10 minutes of research to point out all the complicated issues. And because of the points above, said issues wouldn't matter to the majority. Casual players don't care, white knights will tell you to play another game. Game basically preserves its positive reputation. Certain train-man is an exception, but his stuff still doesn't get too much traction to make any difference.

So yeah, the game is not dying, its just rotting away, slowly. And people look at it and smile. Many projects keep going in that state. At this point I don't expect anything new and interesting to be added. Its a wrong game for that. It will remain to be a puddle-deep ocean with content islands. A good time killer, not so much of a good "complicated and challenging" game.

9 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

All the features are optional on their own, but there is a massive selection of optional tasks. Warframe relies on the idea that with all the optional tasks to do, players will enjoy a varied selection of each to enjoy. If you don't enjoy ANY of the optional tasks available, many of which are just core gameplay with a fancy objective, then sure you might want to stop playing. But DE has been largely successful at providing enough content that most players will enjoy most available content to some degree, and the stuff they can't tolerate won't be holding them back. And the time DE puts into improving all those optional tasks allows more people to enjoy or continue enjoying them.

If 3 questions are too much then here is just one: What is the core of Warframe?

"All the features are optional on thier own" is a fancy term for island-content. And I indeed do not enjoy many of the optional tasks. Do you know what that means? Since large parts of updates are dedicated to those optional contents, even when I download this massive and hyped X GB patch the game does not change or improve for me in any way.
Fractured content creates fractured community and since DE does not cater to every faction with every update they leave substantial parts of their audience empty handed even after "big" additions. Which leads to dissatisfaction.

I would also heavely contenst the "successful" claim, since player numbers are more in a decline state. Not just because technical quality is getting worse recently.

9 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

Another key thing to note is that without all the variety of content, Warframe probably wouldn't be doing nearly as well. If there was nothing to do except run-loot-shoot-stab down randomly-generated corridors, people would probably start to get bored before too long.

Those are a lot of "ifs" to make a fair estimation. Now let me throw in some of mine. Imagine Warframe without pointless feature bloat and optional content. No kiddos. No RJ. No fishing or mining. No K-Drives etc.
Instead 40+ Frames with functioning, compelling and competitive kits; Arsenal that is not 90% MR fodder; deep modding system that creates and caters to different playstyles; improved AI with enemy units that are more than just meatbags and more variety in general; updates on RNG map generation and improved Star Chart missions in general. Focus on what makes Warframe Warframe! (This is the answer on the question if you bothered to think about it)
Sounds a lot more compelling than optional content that "you don't have to play".

It's fine to have other things to do in a game just to pass time. The only problem is tying small gimmic's part of progression that don't imply with being a Space Ninja. If I wanted to show-bored Id play another game, or even mining minerals.

Forgot what that game was called a few years ago, where you could go from planet to planet scan plants and mine resources forever which was possibly hyped a bit too much. Which in turn seemed like DE caught onto that band wagon and added mining and fishing also. If you want me to mine and fish, let me be a Space Ninja and slice or shot them out of the walls and water.

I agree with the OP. I do not like archwing at all. I tried with RJ few times, and I did not like it at all. Mechs? #*!% mechs. Why would I play with slow, ugly ass mech instead of my cool looking space ninja? Damage? No thanks.

I am okay with kdrive, cuz is an optional fun thing you do on the side, if you want. All that stuff should remain that way. It is really silly that none RJ content requires RJ resources, like Protea. And it seems the Corpus liches going to require RJ. If the game starts forcing using mechs and RJ, I will stop playing the game.

Unlike what some say, island content should remain in its island. It is okay if it is optional. I play warframe to play warframes. It is the fun well designed game play. I will not play mediocre content. And if DE is going to force it down the players throat, like conservation in CD, warframe and I are through. I may still occasionally play, but my willingness to spend money will be nonexistent.

The main problem with Archwing, in my opinion, is that it's virtually the same core gameplay, with three major differences.

1: Omnidirectional. Which means you have far more directions to watch than on foot. It also spreads enemies out further, meaning it takes longer to clean them out.

2: Everything's 80% smaller, making it way more effort-intensive to actually hit anything.

3: Every projectile is 50% slower, making it even more effort-intensive to actually hit anything.

Every difference just makes the mode feel far more cumbersome and annoying. 

On 2020-11-19 at 9:30 PM, Velitria said:

I play Warframe to play Warframe. I don't play Operators. I don't play Nechamechs. I don't play Railjack. I don't play Archwing. I don't play Kdrives.

Kdrives are the least bad on this list (not ordered by bad if you were wondering because that would be archwing at the top). Kdrives are... so close to being part of Warframe with being able to shoot on a kdrive (aside from the part where beam weapons still don't work at all). They can't be used in every mission type for an unknown reason and the ability to have that would be near non-existent effort to allow in regular missions. If all kdrives did was alter the capacity to move and one could use abilities, melee, shoot primaries, use heavy weapons, etc... I would actually like that content a lot. They need more mods though...

I am missing a few areas but listing them all wasn't the point. The point is also different than expected from reading this as well.

The point of all this is to express that I do play all content in this game, but the content islands are hurting the game. Yes, I like how they can all tie together (especially railjack, archwing, and warframe), but I don't like the operator/warframe interaction at all for eidolons in restricting damage to them. The capacity to oneshot the shields every time already exists at perfect timing, but the annoyance is that it requires a setup of operators and not warframes. It just isn't fun and I've done them hundreds of times, because I had to in order to get arcanes.

I can legitimately smell the requirement of nechamechs to do damage in future content as yet another barrier and taking away from warframe. 

I like that DE tied all the things together, but instead of creating gates and barriers that require each area, make them just better at it. For operators, eidolons would need a ton more shields and amps to have weapon mods apply to amps, Void damage can be more effective, but it shouldn't be the only thing that works unless you make amps convert all damage to void damage innately from elemental mods or some loophole. 

Either way, this is killing the game because the devs don't understand, to be frank.

I like operators with my maxed focus tree for the benefit it can give to my frame as a supportive influence (not for damage).

I would like railjack if it was as filled with much content as normal warframe such as the diverse mission types (and please stop requiring a specific amount of enemies to kill, nobody likes that) Also, there are no endless farm missions in railjack, which attributes to effectively "the massive majority" of the reason why you play any game. Nobody likes requeuing for a mission, that's wasted time. 

I would like Archwing if the abilities were as broad, balanced, and numerous to the options as with the core game with warframes. I would also really appreciate if archweapons didn't suck and had more options (also remove space melee please, stances are the best quality to melee and the realistic distances in space don't make any sense to ever have a melee, not to mention physics just as the capability to swing...). The melee in space could be through abilities that ram and such. The weapons of archwing suck so bad as well, which is partly due to no archwing buffing capabilities like warframes.

I already stated what would make me and everyone else like Kdrives.

To be honest, I do play all things, and do, to some extent, appreciate all content in the game, but there are so many issues that get ignored which are real issues that keep me away off and on (*cough* defection ai getting stuck, dying, and taking significantly longer to complete, and doing 8 wave runs every other day for 6 months straight and never getting the harrow part).

Well, that sums up a good picture of things, I guess it all lands on if the Devs want the fabled words "better game".

At this point, me and many others don't have high hopes that DE will do anything, but I said my part to try. Instead of discrediting and saying it is directly bad, I gave everything I could think of for how to make what already is... better. Maybe at some point I will feel more interested to play this game some more if they take my advice.

I 100% agree with your points, but you should write a brief TLDR at the begining stating that you are not "just hating" because it's a long text and this is The Internet of 2020, some people will just skip the text, and I think many agree and this post should be relevant to everyone invested in the game either playing or making it.

Wow thats a lot of text, but yeah I agree that all these non-warframe gamemodes and vehicles are annoying and boring, and even worse is when we are forced to do/use them. Good example is Archwing missions since it was the first one, EVERYONE I ever talked to in game said they hate it and the lack of players in those missions says a lot. Still, its been forced down our throats for years now and railjack is just another extension of it. Makes me really worried when they keep talking about tieing all of this together (soon railjack is part of every damn mission I bet) 

Same goes for the mining/fishing/hunting minigames they keep forcing on us while almost everyone seems to hate them. New update just added even more fish and animals, why, who asked for more. 

Stuff like this should be entirely optional. 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It's optional.

It is not, a lot of content in the game requires archwing and deimos is literally gated behind the minigames. 

Also they've constantly talked about how they wanna connect railjack to liches and god knows what else. And as OP stated its likely soon Mechs will be required for progression somewhere too just so people would use them. 

27 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

It is not, a lot of content in the game requires archwing and deimos is literally gated behind the minigames. 

Also they've constantly talked about how they wanna connect railjack to liches and god knows what else. And as OP stated its likely soon Mechs will be required for progression somewhere too just so people would use them. 

Well that may be awhile, so he has time to ignore it, just like the people that waited until Xaku to do Fortuna content. Their choice.

On 2020-11-19 at 9:30 PM, Velitria said:

I play Warframe to play Warframe. I don't play Operators. I don't play Nechamechs. I don't play Railjack. I don't play Archwing. I don't play Kdrives.

Oh, that's like me... future me. When I've seen RJ teaser and everyone going "WOOW" I was like... "what you like there, it's boring stuffs". Some less intrusive things like Operator for sentient/stalker fighting other things have rule of "the bigger the better".

On 2020-11-19 at 10:18 PM, chaotea said:

While i can understand how you feel here, you could look at it another way. Would the game still be interesting if you only had warframes?

Almost yes. I've tried RJ few times, get bored. I finished my tutorial's Mech. I find it boring & slow. Kdrives - while I love freestyle games (I still play Dave Mirra BMX old game) the implementation is "meh". I kind of enjoyed fishing (some time to cool down; time without murdering enemies) but execution is bad (bugy, lots of grinds, and enemies still attacks you). Operator? Well, they kind of ok for non eidolon stuffs. However if their future were implemented somewhere I wouldn't cry.

New weapon? New frame? That's my thing. I've played Hieracon for cash (I don't enjoy Index or other higher-level missions) just to level up few mods to make my Xaku "perfect". I've even farmed Thermias for "60% dodge speed" for that frame. I've farmed the Mother tokens for plague/exodia stuffs. Unless frame is easy to get (no stupid grind or RNG) I buy it for plat. I can go on, and on.

If they could still improve melees (new glaive stuffs, each weapon type should matter, stance should matter, forward combos moving you forward and standing combos won't move you forward etc), add new frames, improve a system (e.g. make selecting 3+ abilities easier/faster), and fix bugs (I stopped using Sarpa because the bug prevented me from damaging enemies. The weapon was great.).

4 hours ago, xombob89 said:

Same goes for the mining/fishing/hunting minigames they keep forcing on us while almost everyone seems to hate them. New update just added even more fish and animals, why, who asked for more. 

Some people enjoy them (I've read about fishing suggestion). I, like I said, enjoyed that leisure time. However they are designed to stop you from building X.

Archived