Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.5: Deimos Arcana

[DE]Megan

nerfing khora and steel essence farming because you can't separate the legit players from AFK macro ones? really? the broken survival enemies path finding nerf wasn't  enough? getting banned from long survivals was already a pain. DE works their hardest to nerf and ruin peoples enjoyment instead of fixing the actual game and the  many abandoned systems/gamemods. I hope they will release an update worth playing next year/years and won't be so stingy with rewards and so fixed on grinding  with awful RNG, time gates and so on. There are enough good games to play until warframe improves. sorry for the grammar

• Like 14

The change in Khora was very unnecessary, Whipclaw is already very resistant and buged.. Most of the time a pixel of something blocks her ability to pick up an enemy, or simply the hit doesn’t count... Instead of fixing the skill in order to improve the warframe fix something that shouldn’t be fixed, doing a test I had 90% vision of a heavy gunner’s body and 3 attacks at different points didn’t count because he wasn’t totally free...

About Nidus it was great because some missions your allies seem to be waiting for you to use Larva so they can kill enemies more easily and you run out of stacks

Atlas, the damage that the Bulwark reflects is quite insignificant, enemies without armor suffer irrelevant damage depending on the situation...

• Like 4

That was quite a read! My feedback:

"(...)the Orbiter has received a bit of a facelift, as well as a fresh new sheet of glass!"
This looks very neat! When spawning in, I walked around saying "Ooh, fancy", several times. I approve, well reworked.

"If you own a Railjack, we highly suggest you look up!"
The ceiling glass is a bit too white-reflecting in my opinion.

"Necralisk Fast Travel UI now displays the respective Token for each Entrati member."
I like the look of this as well, was happy to see it.

"Added two brand new music pieces in Deimos!"
As in, go scan mandachord parts to get them in orbiter as well?

"Gave Atlas a little more height on his backflip in his animation idles.You’d think he wouldn’t need it because he has no neck, but it needed to be done."
Sometimes, you legitimately crack me up. In a good way.

"Necramechs will now increase max level by 2 for each Forma applied, up to Rank 40!"
Please. This is so, so, so not fun. Not the part where it takes your formas and not the part where you need to re-level the item over and over again. I have a pair of suggestions, should you want to follow this most annoying trend: Lower the crafting time of the formas to ideally an hour or two, and lower the repeated grind for the "gildable" items. There is no fun in leveling an item SIX TIMES.

Other things of note:
End-of-mission screen is still godawful.
I'd like to agree with DawnoftheWhiteFury who said "I liked the changes to The Steel Path, until I was made aware of the fact that apparently Steel Essence no
longer drops from Eximus Units AT ALL".

Thanks for your time, reader!

• Like 4

Thanks for the update! Some nice additions! 

I'm glad you add this Loid sentinel skin and it made me think about something! 

Because you're doing some second deluxe skin for warframes, wouldn't it be great to make a Necraloid theme deluxe skin for Nekros? 

I really like the aesthetic! Entrati has a really elegant style and considering the success of Necramech, Glyphs for the Halloween event and now the fact that you add this sentinel skin, I think it would be a great move for Digital Extremes and the community to have this deluxe skin concept and it would fit perfectly Nekros. 
Besides, Necraloid design and Nekros are really appreciated by the community! 
(However I do not say it is a top priority in terms of deluxe skin. I just put the idea on the forum so maybe someone noticed it and maybe have this in-game someday!) 

• Like 1

hace 23 horas, [DE]Megan dijo:

The mining drop rate of Thaumica has been doubled! We’ve also Reduced the chance of getting Namalon while Mining in the Cambion Drift so that the chance of getting Thaumica is significantly increased. 

• Both Necrathene and Thaumica were similarly rare, but Thaumic Distillate is used in a wider variety of Blueprints, so expect to see it appear more often from yellow mineral deposits. 

Now Namalon is way too rare, been mining for hours and only got 60, also the requiem word pillars in deimos don't spawn enemies making them useless

• Like 2

23 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Mother has 3 new Isolation Vault Bounties to complete! These new Isolation Vault Bounties become available after completing the initial Isolation Vault tier, with the respective Mother then offering the new Vault Bounty. As you unlock these new Vault Bounties, the difficulty will increase to match the prerequisite Isolation Vault and rewards will differ per Bounty.

This alone, makes me not want to play the new vaults. Don't lock them behind other vaults. This just doesn't make sense.

• Like 5

On 2020-11-20 at 12:39 AM, [DE]Megan said:

WARFRAME ABILITY CHANGES:

The first group in our “touch all Warframes” list! We aim to give each Warframe a little quality of life touch up

Hi, when doing ivara quality of life review, please do something about the delay after using quiver needed for the temporary artemis bow to reload/despawn, it is currently way too long and has been pretty much since the day she came out. Even worse, it now also applies to melee (which it didn't use to at first). Quiver already needs to be charged to be used (or to select the arrow), the holstering delay afterward is really superfluous.

the following video shows ivara using her weapons as soon as possible after using her first ability, quiver.

as can be seen, after shooting the arrow, ivara's quiver ability has a 1s holstering delay before you can use you primary or secondary weapon again, while you can melee right away.
added to the charge necessary to shoot the arrow, the 1s delay for primaries and secondaries is really inconvenient and break the pace of the gameplay.

nothing can be done about the charge, but it would be nice to see the holstering delay gone.

Edited by blaes

Spent a little while thinking on this one but really DE you need to reverse the changes to SP Eximus units no longer dropping Steel Essence. I say this even benefitting from the new SE bounty system, I play Warframe more casually now having already clocked in 2500+ hours. I don't want to do a 2+ hour Survival for my Steel Essence. The SE I've received from doing the bounties just between today and yesterday is more than I've bothered to farm in the last two months.

But that doesn't matter, I've heard of your excuse about macro/afk farming. Put a safeguard in. I wasn't afk farming when Steel Path first came out, neither were my clanmates either to the best of my knowledge. I can name a small handful of them that did a LOT more Steel Path farming than I ever did, that were still doing these long survival runs up until this week. That was content to them. By removing SE from Eximus you have castrasted your own veterans from actually being able to use these magnificent late-game builds for something. You are literally punishing people for playing your game. Quit it!

Just because content can be more accessible across the board does not mean it's a good thing. You did the exact same thing with Helminth, gave it to near everyone and left your veterans with NOTHING uniquely theirs. I'd believe a new player could hit MR8 in a week and a half if they wanted it. That doesn't sound like a "cross-class system" for people who actually know the game to me.

On top of that the line-of-sight nerf on Khora I need to see in action before I say too much more. BUT there NEEDS to be an exception to it. Whipclaw needs to hit every single enemy caught in her strangledome regardless of line of sight so long as it does actually hit her strangledome or an enemy hit within it. Period. If it already functions like that: fantastic. If not, then it needs to be changed. Simple as that.

• Like 4

On 2020-11-19 at 6:39 PM, [DE]Megan said:

In essence (ha), there is virtually no RNG with Steel Essence anymore. Daily Incursions guarantee 3 per Alert, and Acolytes will always appear in regular missions (Endlessly in Endless missions.). The time at which they choose to appear may be a bit random, but if you kill mobs, they will come! 

No acolyte spawn in 70m survival, POG :)

34 minutes ago, Diedact said:

But that doesn't matter, I've heard of your excuse about macro/afk farming. Put a safeguard in. I wasn't afk farming when Steel Path first came out, neither were my clanmates either to the best of my knowledge. I can name a small handful of them that did a LOT more Steel Path farming than I ever did, that were still doing these long survival runs up until this week. That was content to them. By removing SE from Eximus you have castrasted your own veterans from actually being able to use these magnificent late-game builds for something. You are literally punishing people for playing your game. Quit it!

I guess they just moved RNG drop to RNG spawn of the Acolytes (as per the quote below). Still, I met exactly 0 Acolytes in ~70m survival, will try again later.

>>In essence (ha), there is virtually no RNG with Steel Essence anymore. Daily Incursions guarantee 3 per Alert, and Acolytes will always appear in regular missions (Endlessly in Endless missions.). The time at which they choose to appear may be a bit random, but if you kill mobs, they will come!

3 minutes ago, Shiah said:

I guess they just moved RNG drop to RNG spawn of the Acolytes (as per the quote below). Still, I met exactly 0 Acolytes in ~70m survival, will try again later.

To be honest I was wondering if the Acolytes were only for the daily SE bounties, I don't suppose this answers technically but it certainly does functionally. Disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Diedact said:

To be honest I was wondering if the Acolytes were only for the daily SE bounties, I don't suppose this answers technically but it certainly does functionally. Disappointed.

Maybe my issue was that I did said 70m in the "Daily incursion" instead of just going into random SP survival, no idea :D

Edited by Shiah

3 hours ago, KataMae said:

You have the right to not be happy and to say what you think... but I also think you may be forgetting a couple of things.

If they added it in the changelog, then it's not "try and hide it". You probably refering to their stream but there is no reason they would say every single change on stream, or even at all. Changelogs are there for this reason. This is true for all small changes, especially if it's a "it makes more sense" change in the point of view of DE (I don't say I agree, though... maybe I do).

There is no "you would have been told to change or revert the nerf", it's their game, not the game of players.
Even the ones who support DE in any way don't have a word and should not have a word in the game design.
I think you are welcome to say what you think of the changes, but it would be better to not play the card "players are consumers so they tell and you (DE) do".
Players who don't like the game are free to say it, this is feedback and anyone saying DE doesn't look at feedback is off the planet.
I think we players have to accept that this is DE's game, liking it or not, and accept whatever is coming, or play another.
The reason for this is simple : not all players think the same.
At least this is how I consider things, for any game.

If any of this is not what you thought, then I'm sorry for the mistake, it's what I understood from reading you.

Here's what you don't get. This "change" was not told to us in the stream or in the test cluster. It literally came in randomly without anyone knowing. For players who actually uses Khora for SE farming it impacts us extremely heavily. This shows DE literally targeted Khora and SE farm as a result of macro farming which is like 3% of the player population from 97% of the players who actually farms SE. They didn't just tell us about this change they tried to hide it in the middle of the patch notes having one sentence. DE has done this many other times and players are sick of it. It forces them to give up on a frame they enjoy a lot due to some of these huge nerfs. Even in stream 1 or 2 weeks ago, they literally said "No nerfs only buffs don't worry".  You're wrong also about the "you would have been told to change or revert the nerf". If they said this in stream or in the test cluster many players who plays Khora and enjoys her would rant on the forums, reddit, twitter everywhere to spread the word to change this nerf.  The frame is one of the hardest frames to farm also so it just makes it even worse now.

Khora was literally used only for SE farming because she was that good. Some times speed run sorties or exterminate if you add that, but over all she was the top tier go to frame for SE farming. DE taken that away from players who enjoyed SE farming as content and its killed the Steel Path now. The new SE farm is completely useless as its based on a time frame rather than enemy type spawn. I did calculations and you can get nearly only 120-150 SE in 2 hrs from this update, rather than 300-400 in 2hrs in the old SE farm. 

Yeah we players are going to have to accept this change but it will make the player base dislike the game that we love even more. Changes like these is what makes the game unenjoyable due to DE being like this.  

Edited by EmperorSaberr
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Shiah said:

Maybe my issue was that I did said 70m in the "Daily incursion" instead of just going into random SP survival, no idea :D

Just did another 70m SP survival, the "regular" one (meaning NOT incursion like before). No acolyte spawns :)