Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.5: Deimos Arcana

[DE]Megan

btw making so that to unlock new tier 1 bounty you need to complete iso vault first is a 5head move
so whenever half of your squad want to keep farming tier 1 arcana bounty, 1 guy just want to complete 3 iso vaults and the other guy want to farm tier 3 arcana bounty - you are screwed

• Like 3

Good job on the update. Still lots of QoL things left to do (reminded by the need to interact AGAIN with minerals on the Foundry), but good steps.

Also, can we get a better way of getting damaged necramech weapon parts? 15% chance on thrid isolation vault is abismal boring. Either clean up that drop table, or issue more rewards on iso vaults.

It's ironic that I posted just yesterday that after 998 hours, MR 22, having farmed enough steel essence to buy all the things (I loved the look of the gear on the operator); that I was getting bored and asked for some suggestions for a new game I might like.

This update will keep me interested for a while longer.

I can see why the Khora change has annoyed some people, but it didn't seem too bad to me. You can't hit through walls but you can put the reticle on the ground you still get decent AoE. And face it, the damage numbers at max combo count are still insane. Sure Ember can hit through walls, but he can't get those insane red crits (not asking for a Whipclaw damage nerf, don't get me wrong).

I love that Garuda has been fixed. I stopped adding forma when I discovered the gladiator / blood rush etc didn't work. Now I'm back into it.

Also pleased with the Steel Path changes. I did 4 of today's missions and got 28 essences for about that many minutes of play. That's way better than the 15 - 20 I was getting from an hour survival, and much more fun. I think it makes Steel Path more accessible, which is great. And the addition of the cycling rewards is great (though I probably won't mange to get 150 in time for the current Umbra forma).

Building the new mech. More to explore.

I love this update and my interest in the game has been refreshed.

Thanks D.E.

• Like 1

Still no fix for Open Wold(s) surface area FPS drop...

And Glass-maker prolonged until January 2021...

DE, DE! Let it go!

ALERTS FOR MY PEOPLE!!!

Seriously - make them 12-24 h long instead of 1h as in past and you will remove major obstacle (RND issue to catch them)

Can we get the Steel Path Alerts refreshing more often? i Think something like once every 3-6h would be more suited. or you could simply x4 the number but not show them until one of the older ones is done, so we would have for example 6 shown but when u do one another would replace it up to a total of 24 per day!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Khora

• There is now a minimal Line of Sight check on Whipclaw’s radial damage. 

WHY IN THE BLOODY WORLD WOULD YOU NERF THIS? WHY!!! JUST WHY!!!? 

WHY WOULD YOU PUNISH THE ENTIRE PLAYER BASE BECAUSE OF MARCO AFKers 

BAN THEM INSTEAD

WHAT THE HELL

THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE 

• Like 14

11 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Ah... you snuck in a list of Warframe buffs a Khora nerf. I just tested it. It's pretty brutal. May I ask why? Do you really have to always ruin a great release with something like this? Did you again look at the usage stats and panicked?

I am not angry anymore... I am laughing...

Imagine having Warframe that is build around one ability with two support abilities and a cat.
And you nerf the heck out of that important core ability. Congrats!

Agree ... I did not test it yet, but it will be a pain to use it like you described.  I'm getting closer and closer to uninstalling this game. I will never understand why a PVE game needs so much nerfing...

DE i'm sorry, i still think you are the good guys, but there is something under the hood happening, because for somethings you put your heads under the sand.

The Steel Essence changes are good, but you can create a narrative where needed to create another method for obtaining it , that requires less time spent, but the other way around , removing the drop from eximus units , does not. You can add one without removing the other by the reason you showed, since it was just 1% of the missions ...  unless there is another reason you are not telling us?

The way i see it, this has became a cat and mouse game between the devs and the player base, that does not make any sense for me ...  Seems like there is two heads make decisions: one that gives us great things to use and to feel powerfull and fun ... and the other ... this is too much fun, or you are playing too much time ... lets nerf remove it ....

• Like 2

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Khora

• There is now a minimal Line of Sight check on Whipclaw’s radial damage. 

Just tested it and:
I get it, khora was used for odin to farm steel essence, or afk macro...but this nerf just kills the combo used with whipclaw and strangledome. When i tested, i had FULL SIGHT to an enemy and whipping him DIRECTLY dealing no damage, and the energy was vanished. If before the whipclaw couldnt always hit even if it was a hit on point, now you cant even hit an enemy that you see from head to toe. This nerf means NOTHING to the afk players, it just kills the frame for the casual players who may just enjoy playing khora or like to whip some enemies for FUN. I was actually enjoying playing her even if i wasnt farming something, now it will go back into the frames i will barely play

If its that bad that khora was able to kill through walls, please nerf baruuk and almost any frame that it is in the game...it is basically the same sh_t but who cares...people havent used other frames to farm steel essence so it wont get nerfed. Just because khora had a way to CC with strangledome and whipclaw to kill enemies, doesnt mean that she has to be nerfed. People used khora because it was the most efficient frame to kill enemies without being killed, not because it was too OP...OP is just for the afk macro players who can kill 9999 lvls no problem because of the way you designed the ability. Just ban the macro players. They already fked all the endo and riven market. They have maybe 100M kuva now, able to roll for months. You have something in the TOS saying that macro that plays for you will ban you, and yet, people that farmed thousands of SE are still in the game. If i knew you dont give a fk about banning macro players but nerfing things instead, i would've got a macro too.
Dont nerf something that it was in the game for months, designed by you but players made a efficient way to use it. YOU were the one that made so whipclaw can damage through walls and now YOU blame US for using it the way you wanted to.

Pathetic.

Either revert the nerf, its completely unnecesary(and macro players dont care anyway) OR make it so if you dont hit any enemy with the whipclaw, no energy will be consumed

• Like 15

Oh, I missed the Khora nerf the first time I read this, please try to make random nerfs more visible. That's a bit disappointing as someone who doesn't really play Steel Path and just likes Khora.

You guys need to work on communication, honestly. You had a whole test server for this and didn't that put the one change that many people would get up in arms about, and then tried to slap it in randomly with the other changes that were in the test server, it's quite fishy.

• Like 8

DE=Relax , no nerfs this time.
Also DE = "Khora

• There is now a minimal Line of Sight check on Whipclaw’s radial damage. "

ALSO: "We have decided to revisit the Steel Essence acquisition because at present time, people feel forced to play extremely long macro-based runs to optimize their runs. We would rather try something else. "

I've never used macro to farm, all the essence i got was for my solo effort, why this is being used as a excuse? you should BAN people that use macro, or at least give them a 2-3 days ban.
This is BS.
while i can understand that now its less RNG and i'm glad for that, why remove the eximus drop? it was so LOW that you guys could kept it in and people would not even notice, while keeping the players that like doing long runs happy.
DE yet again pissed off the same old player that like to stay more time in a mission. do you guys dont get that those are players that WANT to stay in your game? sometimes you just want to play the same mission for whatever reason.
but i see, its the same reason that you guys never put scaling reward. you guys dont want players playing for hours, you guys just want the casual 15 min player that spend a little money and go away.
by the end of the day, warframe will fade out slowly because of things like this. its sad, but will be a reality.

• Like 11

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

*Nekros’ Soul Punch now has a new mechanic: Marked for Harvest. Enemies that are hit by Soul Punch but don’t die have a Duration wherein they’ll be eligible to become a Shadow if killed while Marked! 

So your saying would could have an infinite amount of mobs now? or is this just part of his 4th?

First post ever. 

Can I get a refund on the tennogen skin I got for khora. Literally only purchased it cause I didnt know how fun she could be. After testing. I'm not a fan..... I bought the skin within this week. I would just like a skin for warframes I like & plan to use often. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

WARFRAME ABILITY CHANGES:

The first group in our “touch all Warframes” list! We aim to give each Warframe a little quality of life touch up and not laser focus on one Warframe at a time.

So basically what you're doing is that after that rather bad thing said during a devstream where @[DE]Rebecca said in no uncertain terms, "...that not all Warframe abilities should be OP..."  and clearly implied "...each kit should have one rather pitiful/unused ability..." , you realized just how bad that sounded and you're making a revisit of those "pitiful" abilities no one uses in order to make them more enticing.    

I'm not sure whether I should be applauding you for the attempt to balancing the years of Warframe ability sadism, however I do like what I'm seeing so far and can't wait to test them out in live missions to see whether this is going to turn into another bait & switch like we got when Oberon dropped and then got reworked into the ground for being such a good paladin prior to the Oberon Prime introduction and the "PBR treatment".  

Hmmm...

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

A huge breathing and pulsing chamber perfect for building the Infested realm of your dreams.

b13647af9eea6f78e95d33b9208dd3ef.jpg

All you seem to be missing is a central spire and this feels like I'm visiting a Thargoid Base in Elite: Dangerous

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by MBaldelli
Added thought
  • Like 1

I am positively surprised by most of the stuff in this update.

This update is what Heart of Deimos should have been in the beginning.

One key thing is missing tho, Necramechs do have vacuum now (thank god), but still missing enemy sense, espially in the cambion drift it is essential to see the enemies on the map!

I also hope you adressed the Deimos Carnis affinity, 60 is just pathetic for this type of enemy.

Also, to make glaives better, try to improve the seeking capability of them.

Edited by RAZORLIGHT
  • Like 1

YOU BROKE CONTROLLERS!

After the latest update I cannot use melee using PS4 controller via Steam.

I had it bound to E via legacy keys in steam, but now even keyboard E itself doesn't work when controller is plugged in, quick melee in-game action binding doesn't work, controller circle to XBox B Button binding doesn't work. Tried to rebind E in Warframe settings to another button and use that, but same story.

Essentially if one uses PS4 controller to play via Steam on PC, the game becomes stricktly non-melee, which frankly is unplayable for many, definitely unplayable for me.

Thanks for freeing up my time, I guess...

Edited by AlexCzar

Three hours later of reading and processing....  '

17 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

What's it going to employ a web administrator to make a centralized bug reporting button that will dump all bug reports to a central location and that they can be parsed out and indexed internally so that you -- the developers -- can sort based on subject(s) you decide to set?  

As it currently stands this is beginning to feel like a trip to the local Department of Motor Vehicles where you stand in one line with the a set of forms only to find out that you've been standing in line for hours in the completely wrong line to reporting things with the completely incorrect set of forms only to have to go back to the tables, fill out the correct form and then stand in line again for hours at a time.  

• Like 2