Jump to content

Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.1


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, HowWesWasOne said:

Give Khora back. There is zero logical rationale for nerfing Whipclaw other than “We wanted to make this good Warframe not good anymore.”

There is a good reason she was op due to being able to spam the aoe of whipclaw they just made it to where you have to be smarter playing her and not relying on spamming abilities blindly

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HowWesWasOne said:

Give Khora back. There is zero logical rationale for nerfing Whipclaw other than “We wanted to make this good Warframe not good anymore.”

Agreed.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if its a bug or after fix about Garuda talons:

"Fixed Gladiator Mods (Vice, Might, Rush) not stacking or applying the increased set bonus to Critical Chance per combo multiplier when they are applied to Garuda's Talons (only applies when Talons are the single equipped Melee)."

but this is directly affecting the gladiator buff applied to storm wind on the warframe baruuk. When you start making strikes the storm wind counter counts 1 you lost all combo effect acumulated after some time.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Replace the Khora line-of-sight nerf with a simple damage falloff like any other explosive weapon. Adding line of sight does nothing to address Khora's spammy gameplay. It does nothing to address her damage output. All it does is make her less reliable and less enjoyable.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1234534-if-de-is-going-to-be-reviewing-frames-then-here-are-my-khora-suggestions/

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you please fix the Arqubex stealing bonus affinity in normal missions? Losing about 90% of my bonus affinity to it and it makes leveling exhausting. I understand it's complex, but something like not having it gain any affinity without it being deployed would be a quick and dirty fix. It's been making leveling hellish :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

different infested vaults are cool and all DE: but my dome headed mech cant fit throw some of the hallways and some are so narrow my dome headed mech is touching the roof and sides of the pathways conecting rooms. one would thing you guys would of acounted for all theses bauld mechs runing around the vaults, that they would need space to move from room to room . ill let some one els complain about the broken vault mission that cant be completed

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Has Railjack been changed? I run railjack missions regularly solo, especially doing Ruse War Field as my first daily mission for the credits and Gian Point for levelling, and I'd like to think that I've gotten pretty good at it. I'm certainly used to how these missions go and before the update I hardly ever got a hull breach let alone a fire. However, today, after the update, I would get constant hull breaches one after the other and I got set on fire too. It felt like there was no armour on my Railjack and a single hit from a crewship would rupture my hull. I did a second run on an easier node (Gian's Point instead of Ruse War Field) and it was the same.

Is it just me? Or has something changed here?

Also, whilst I'm at it, when a mission ends, the search field in the results screen gets focus, even if chat is open and typing in the chat window inserts text into the search field. If I click out of the search field and attempt to type in chat, focus gets shifted back again. Can this be prevented?

And the mini-map elevation arrows are red instead of white! Now I have problems identifying if an enemy is above or below me. Was there a use-case for it to be red? If not, can be reverted back to white? Or maybe we could be provided with an option to use white instead?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

With changed orbiter dimensions, majority of decorations are misplaced or in the wall. Spent hours aligning those.

Articula's still take 100 points of the available space. I repeat this is like chopping off the branch which you are sitting on: stupid. You have articulas with 10s of various positions available. These alone at 100 points can take all available decoration space. So how do you want me to fit another 16 of those plaks I just received for my mastery levels? What is the point of any decorative rewards we get???

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, metvincent said:

"GARA KALEIDA SKIN

Decorated in sharp glass, and striking a powerful pose, The Gara Kaleida Deluxe skin comes with a whole new look, as well as two unique Animation Sets for this beautiful Warframe.

Includes the Starglaze Shards auxiliary attachment."

It's now the second time you've proven to not having read the thread yourself even though you were bashing others for not doing so (and them being in the right)

As i stated, it does not mention them INGAME, doesn't show that you get them with either pack, they don't show up if you search for them in appearance either, meaning they are not even ingame at this time, i never said that they weren't mentioned in the patch notes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

Replace the Khora line-of-sight nerf with a simple damage falloff like any other explosive weapon. Adding line of sight does nothing to address Khora's spammy gameplay. It does nothing to address her damage output. All it does is make her less reliable and less enjoyable.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1234534-if-de-is-going-to-be-reviewing-frames-then-here-are-my-khora-suggestions/

 

Khora doesn't require spammy gameplay to be used lol. There are other ways to use warframes, and khora could be used for many things. However, this nerf makes all of those other gameplay loops less tenable.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

Khora doesn't require spammy gameplay to be used lol. There are other ways to use warframes, and khora could be used for many things. However, this nerf makes all of those other gameplay loops less tenable.

I don't think I said "require", though she definitely promotes it. Once you figure out how to mod Whipclaw, there's very little reason to plod around placing Strangledome when you could just go HAM and whip everything to death at mach 3.

ETA: which this change doesn't affect. It's just now it'll seem to bug out and not hit the things you expect it to hit, so you'll just hit 1 again. The LoS change doesn't stop any of the problematic gameplay her kit encourages, while making normal gameplay less reliable.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bleubleu said:

isolations vaults are broken.

the game does not register that you open and enter the vault, even solo, therefore it is impossible to complete a single one.

 

^^ This, I just tried twice and both times it failed to register we finished the first vault.  Game got stuck at "Enter the Isolation Vault" and the WP updated to point to the second Vault - which is obviously still locked behind the 2nd bait step.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I don't think I said "require", though she definitely promotes it. Once you figure out how to mod Whipclaw, there's very little reason to plod around placing Strangledome when you could just go HAM and whip everything to death at mach 3.

Well that's because strangledome isn't the ability that should be used as khora's primary CC. Ensnare costs less and increases whipclaw damage. Also, there are a ton of ways to use khora that don't involve "kill everything ASAP" that are also fun. I have 4 other builds outside my whipclaw one that I use on a regular basis.

Using whipclaw is significantly less useful if you have not centered your build around it, and this nerf just magnifies that while not actually making getting the pretty red numbers that trigger DE any less difficult.

 

Edit: In your original post you implied that the only way to use khora effectively is by spamming whipclaw

Edited by _Tormex_
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nadeemh said:

Has Railjack been changed? I run railjack missions regularly solo, especially doing Ruse War Field as my first daily mission for the credits and Gian Point for levelling, and I'd like to think that I've gotten pretty good at it. I'm certainly used to how these missions go and before the update I hardly ever got a hull breach let alone a fire. However, today, after the update, I would get constant hull breaches one after the other and I got set on fire too. It felt like there was no armour on my Railjack and a single hit from a crewship would rupture my hull. I did a second run on an easier node (Gian's Point instead of Ruse War Field) and it was the same.

Is it just me? Or has something changed here?

Also, whilst I'm at it, when a mission ends, the search field in the results screen gets focus, even if chat is open and typing in the chat window inserts text into the search field. If I click out of the search field and attempt to type in chat, focus gets shifted back again. Can this be prevented?

And the mini-map elevation arrows are red instead of white! Now I have problems identifying if an enemy is above or below me. Was there a use-case for it to be red? If not, can be reverted back to white? Or maybe we could be provided with an option to use white instead?

You're right, something is broken with railjack.  Once you get a breach, it's like a continuous loop of them one after the other.  It's like there's no armor or something.  

There's also an issue with Isolation Vaults where you enter the vault, and instead of it completing the bounty, it just moves the waypoint to the next closed vault, so you can't complete the mission.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, _Tormex_ said:

Well that's because strangledome isn't the ability that should be used as khora's primary CC. Ensnare costs less and increases whipclaw damage. Also, there are a ton of ways to use khora that don't involve "kill everything ASAP" that are also fun. I have 4 other builds outside my whipclaw one that I use on a regular basis.

Using whipclaw is significantly less useful if you have not centered your build around it, and this nerf just magnifies that while not actually making getting the pretty red numbers that trigger DE any less difficult.

I've found a generalist approach to be much more practical. Both Ensnare and Strangledome are equally useful in different cases, and Whipclaw requires neither to clear most of Warframe's content.

Though I'd like to ask, why cast Ensnare and then Whipclaw? You spend 75 energy for 2x damage. Instead you could cast Whipclaw alone, which is the same 75 energy but for 3x damage. The only time Ensnare's damage bonus is worthwhile is if your target can eat more than 5 Whipclaws, and there's just not a whole lot out there that can do that.

Either way I feel like we're in agreement that the nerf isn't very good. It doesn't fix anything, and instead only further entrenches the gameplay it seeks to fix.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

I've found a generalist approach to be much more practical. Both Ensnare and Strangledome are equally useful in different cases, and Whipclaw requires neither to clear most of Warframe's content.

Though I'd like to ask, why cast Ensnare and then Whipclaw? You spend 75 energy for 2x damage. Instead you could cast Whipclaw alone, which is the same 75 energy but for 3x damage. The only time Ensnare's damage bonus is worthwhile is if your target can eat more than 5 Whipclaws, and there's just not a whole lot out there that can do that.

Either way I feel like we're in agreement that the nerf isn't very good. It doesn't fix anything, and instead only further entrenches the gameplay it seeks to fix.

Mostly for variety. Ensnare is a fun ability to use. Though also if the enemies are spread out or if I am going to control a larger area, then using ensnare is helpful. I can cast two ensnares and then go back and forth between the choke points.

And yep! pretty much lol. Its kinda funny that they removed the situation that brought this to their attention in the exact same patch, meaning that the fix won't even apply to the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, _Tormex_ said:

And yep! pretty much lol. Its kinda funny that they removed the situation that brought this to their attention in the exact same patch, meaning that the fix won't even apply to the issue.

That's the part that bugs me the most lol, though it gives me some hope that we can get it reverted or changed to something else. They nerfed Venari because of Scarlet Spear, and reverted it after Scarlet Spear was gone. They nerfed Whipclaw because of Steel Path, but now that there's no reason to do endurance runs anymore there's no reason to keep this nerf around. Nerfing Khora in an unpopular way for one specific tileset interaction in a use case they just killed off makes no sense. All it does is make the 99.99% of other uses of Whipclaw more janky.

4 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

I can cast two ensnares and then go back and forth between the choke points.

You could also cast 2 Strangledomes :P They'll grab newcomers and redirect aggro, while also lasting longer. Sure, they cost more energy, but that's what Dispensary and Equillibrium is for.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It keeps breaking the isolation vault mission after unlocking the bonus vault , it just freezes and not providing the end of mission reward , instead showing a waypoint to another random location , this is a game breaking bug and prevented me and my friend from proceeding with the new content why even tie it to the old isolation vaults?!  was this even tested ? we tried twice and got the same result twice , waste of time.

also the waypoints are often very confused as to where to waypoint the players , this was a problem in warframe since forever , I had people who attempted to play warframe , got confused with the waypoint system and left , it seems that was not resolved and got even worse with the underground tileset inside deimos

Edited by SelfishNeko
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...