Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.1

[DE]Megan

Revenant main chiming in here. In pubs, thralls don't generally live very long due to, borrowing a line from Kermerros, Tenno murderous tendencies. I think Thrall Pact would benefit from a delay of buff removal on thrall death in a similar manor as Health Conversion buff decay.

So we before had the most fun hammer in the game, the Wolf Sledge, the ONLY hammer that 10 times out of 10 did what hammers are suppose to: send jerks @$$ over t!#s into a wall. It was... you know, fun.

Now we have a an explodey thing with self stagger.

The world seems just a little less bright right now.

7 hours ago, Psychotic22 said:

There is a good reason she was op due to being able to spam the aoe of whipclaw they just made it to where you have to be smarter playing her and not relying on spamming abilities blindly

Whipclaw’s ability to hit enemies through walls made it convenient to use. And considering this game is supposed to be a power fantasy, nerfing a convenience is very counterproductive. All this is going to do is make people switch to Baruuk instead.

On 2020-11-20 at 6:35 PM, Rivendark said:

As i stated, it does not mention them INGAME, doesn't show that you get them with either pack, they don't show up if you search for them in appearance either, meaning they are not even ingame at this time, i never said that they weren't mentioned in the patch notes.

On 2020-11-20 at 2:54 AM, Rivendark said:

Once you’ve acquired the Ferverspine, Gristlebuck, Nodulite, and Steeba parts visit your friend Roky in Fortuna to build the Infested K-Drive!   May want to read the patch notes. Parts, not BPs.

Spoiler

f9b43011b680b4598366265a8b5f6932.jpg

On 2020-11-20 at 3:21 PM, Psychotic22 said:

There is a good reason she was op due to being able to spam the aoe of whipclaw they just made it to where you have to be smarter playing her and not relying on spamming abilities blindly

You don't own Khora yourself. How would you know how Whipclaw is working now?

I don't even play her all that much, just not my playstyle. But I did just try the changes, and they're bad, no two ways about it. Brought her to a fissure on V prime and Whipclaw wouldn't hit enemies if you aim it just past enemies (same floor level, no obstacles in sight unless you count the roof and walls).

I honestly feel sorry for people that enjoy playing her.

For reference, Whipclaw wasn't hitting enemies when aiming past them on this spot:

Spoiler

jM0AsPt.jpg

Not my image since I obviously was playing Khora instead of Loki, but I noticed it when standing on the same floor Loki is.

So, let's talk.  There's a lot of anger in this thread....and only about 20% of what I'm reading can be discounted.  Let's cover the positive quickly, as there's little of it, and follow up with all of the WTF.

Positives are:

1. A reason to actually do the Deimos k-drive races.
  2. More content, with the good thing so far being just the mushroom headed kitgun....because of course that's the good thing.
  3. The increase in spawning for token exchanges is nice.
  4. 25 Steel Essence per planet is nice.  15 per day is....frustratingly low for the game mode.  15*7=105....so you've balanced for a week long grind giving a single umbral forma.  That's....more interesting and better than 6 months for each.
  5. You fixed one of the instance on the corpus ship tileset that spawned medallions off of the player accessible map.  2 locations on one tile.  FINALLY!  There's 3 more tiles to fix that I've confirmed 2 of still spawn outside of bounds, but it's a start.

I'm going to follow up this weak sauce with the things that are frustrating, but don't make me angry.  It's also a relatively short list.

1. The new kitgun components cost Scintillant.... These things are a very slim upgrade over their Fortuna brethren...so it's a much rarer resource required to make a slightly better gun.  Not great, but at least it's not terrible.
  2. Zephyr changes is not a clear improvement.  It does now hold enemies better, but it's really hard for someone to notice if they haven't spent years with the older version.
  3. New enemies to capture are nice....but their spawn is somehow lower than the Achivea.
  4. Balance.  You suck at pricing.  I can't be more blunt here, but 3 father tokens from Grandmother use the same resources as Father, but cost more.  I cannot even believe that somebody there did testing, and missed that Grandmother is the worst version of getting tokens.  It's obvious that you're trying to add a new tier of even poorer returns on investment, to get grinders a way to grind faster but less efficient, but this is just silly.
  5. New fish.  New resources.  Terrible spawning practices.  Initially broken resource towers (upon the release of  Arcana, with patches to fix later).  Yeah....this sucks pretty bad from a perspective of wanting content that is fun, and not more grind.

Finally, let's tear into why this update is bad.  Like, Old Blood levels of bad.  Not quite Railjack, but not far off of it either.

1. STABILITY.  I will need to break this down, but your game is getting worse.
    1. My first 3 attempts to do a vault run ended in disconnect, host migration breaking the game, and the "investigate the mist source" breaking and having no interaction options with the sources.  Yeah.....0/3 is bad.
    2. The Helminth is still alive and kicking as a source of infinite loading screens.
    3. The vault run nearly stopped at phase 1 because the fourth area never highlighted.  Had to fly all over the map and manually find it.
    4. Oh look...if you completed the Deimos k-drive races you got nothing.  Great for those of us who actually cared to do this mess of an experience.  I get to do them all over again....for k-drive parts that are surprisingly expensive with new resources and offer absolutely no improvement over the 4 variants from Fortuna.  I even managed to, two years later, hit 400k meters on the thing the other day.  What an utter waste of our time.
    5.  Finally, crashes upon trying to load after an hour of downloading, optimizing, and then having the crash window crash.  It's definitely the punchline to a joke elsewhere, but it's warframe standard operating procedure.

2. Grind.  Another multiple part category.
    1. Let's add two new fish.  Let's have each of them have a unique resource.  Let's bind multiple production and research items to this resource, and break the resource towers.  Oh joy.  Also, they seem not to spawn in the rewards cache at the end of vaults.
    2. Scintillant.  Bonewidow I get.  3 for each of the new kitgun parts is a bad joke.  
    3. Speaking of scintillant and vaults....I can't complete them.  They're a broken mess, and taking a 40 minute mission change but making is about 2 hours by adding in 4 additional mission phases in huge new vaults is really annoying when you announced with pride that you'd be decreasing the artificial timer on the vault mission chain to make it less grindy.
    4. Let's grind for more damage necramech weapon pieces....Oh boy.  It's a required 3 vault run....and I can't even get to round 2 because of the broken clean-up missions.

3. Waiting....waiting.....waiting....  Let's put this into perspective.  12+72 hours for Bonewidow.  72+12 or 24 hours for the dojo research....assuming you could somehow get the resources quickly.  The fan and sniper, who knows with the busted state of the vault clearing.  This means the three accessible pieces of content are the Cernos, Pulmones, and Kitguns.  The Cernos is a three part build (cernos-mutalist-new version).  The nunchucks require a surprising amount of a resource only dropped from towers or a new fish that spawns rarely or towers that might work.  The kitguns require SCINTILLANT.

4. Steel Essence...I'm going to be honest here, the "hard mode" sucks.  You introduced it as an experiment, and made the primary rewards cosmetic.  Fine.  You hid these rewards behind a stupid low drop rate from eximus units....fine.  You then got angry when players cheesed your poor AI and found an efficient way to grind steel essence despite the low drop rates.  Now it's a requirement to get Umbral Forma....something with direct and substantial power in-game.  It's no longer an option, but required to engage with daily because rewards are time gated.  Congratulations, the optional hard mode is now a required grind.  85+85+3+3 = 176 essence.  500 essence for star chart completion means 324 essence to spend as a one time reward.  That's 3 umbral forma and the cosmetics...with weekly grinds for another 105 to get a new forma.  You've designed a constant grind requirement...for a no longer optional game mode... It's no longer a challenge to accept, but a required grind for power.

On 2020-11-20 at 11:23 PM, metvincent said:

You don't own Khora yourself. How would you know how Whipclaw is working now?

I don't even play her all that much, just not my playstyle. But I did just try the changes, and they're bad, no two ways about it. Brought her to a fissure on V prime and Whipclaw wouldn't hit enemies if you aim it just past enemies (same floor level, no obstacles in sight unless you count the roof and walls).

I honestly feel sorry for people that enjoy playing her.

For reference, Whipclaw wasn't hitting enemies when aiming past them on this spot:

Hide contents

jM0AsPt.jpg

Not my image since I obviously was playing Khora instead of Loki, but I noticed it when standing on the same floor Loki is.

I dont own her on this account n9 but i do on my alt. I know exactly how she worked and is currently working and imo she got an improvement instead of a downgrade.

8 hours ago, Psychotic22 said:

I dont own her on this account n9 but i do on my alt. I know exactly how she worked and is currently working and imo she got an improvement instead of a downgrade.

You own Khora on your ALT account? Sure you do.

If you in fact did own her, then you would've noticed Whipclaw not hitting enemies right in front of her and we wouldn't be having this argument at all.

By now you don't even need to check it for yourself tbh. Don't take my word for it either if you don't want to, a couple other people already posted gifs on how Whippclaw's LOS has been behaving since the update. Hell, lemme look that up for you:

Go check that post and pay attention to the gifs that person provided. Mind explaining how on Earth you thought that's an improvement?

Archived