Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos Arcana update quick takes

Neurohax

Popped in for a little over an hour, and from a completionist's perspective, this ain't it, cap'n.

- More vault bounties... don't care. Those were a chore and I'm not grinding those again.
- Infested kitguns... oh look scintillant. Nope. Never touching. That kills the new arcanes, too.
- New Necramech... don't care. My voidrig is the only thing that hasn't been maxed because necramechs are so incredibly boring. I have zero idea why these were added - they contribute nothing and the aesthetic is bizarrely disjointed from the rest of the game.
- (Apparently unintentional) Bonewidow weapon pod requires 45 Tinks? That's my kind of grind! 45 minutes later... got 55 Tinks... oh BASIC quality only? I have.... 8. Nope. Never happening.
- First thing I did when entering the Cambian Drift was head to the first pylon, hit it, aaaaand enemies don't spawn. gg
- More family drama... how did this entire concept get past QA? No one wants to play a grindy game where the only speaking lines are family counseling cliches, and I'd argue there are probably a not insignificant number of people that get triggered by the situation. Hey wanna have a discussion about my personal regrets regarding a traumatic family event? Too bad. I'm gonna throw 2-3 sentences about it at you every time you talk to me, and you'll be doing that a lot, since these tokens are artificially time-locked. Every interaction with them makes me cringe, even DaughteR34.

None of this seems remotely interesting. Every new weapon could just be an augment for an existing one, but then there wouldn't be a soul-crushing grind. There's a bugfix list a mile long, yet no mention of the falling through the world problems or railjack game breakers.

For reference, here's my mindset - 2k hours and been trying to collect one of everything, including mods at every level of upgrade. I'm down for some mundane grinding (hey, it's a nice stress reliever) to the point where I'm 3 Heavy Calibers from having all corrupted mods at all levels. I exempted the isolation vault bounty necramech mods from this personal quest because they were obnoxiously rare and the vault felt overwhelmingly unrewarding. I don't need to have everything right away - I unlocked all of Helminth without using a ton of resources and never rush foundry builds.

1 hour ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Sounds like you should take a break then. Enjoy another game until warframe comes with an update that interests you. No harm in that

Word.

Cyberpunk 2077 next month, Warhammer 2 getting one in 2 weeks. Going to be busy with new games.

1 hour ago, Neurohax said:

Infested kitguns... oh look scintillant. Nope. Never touching. That kills the new arcanes, too.

Yup as soon as I saw that I was like, oh, ok, I'll go back to grinding murmurs and railjack.

I don't get why they didn't just make them like wisps out in the open world area, that works OK on plains, I mean at least

you know you can find them and acquire them, instead of marching up a set of infinite stairs to never ever even catch a glimpse

of the doorway to escape the never-ending soul-sucking march of trying to get something you would like.

I'll be a lil positive and say, I didn't expect De to put out another big update this soon. 

Looking through the page there's seems to be a lot of new stuff and a bunch of changes to old stuff.

Once I have the opportunity I'll try out the update but I'm not in a hurry. There will be some big bug fixes probably after all.

1 hour ago, anarchy753 said:

In regards to Scintillant, they're #*!%ing everywhere in the vaults now, and they respawn. There's no trouble farming them at all.

Do they have guaranteed spawn? On my recent 6 Vault run only one spawned in the vaults. Also, do they disappear after not touched for too long?

5 hours ago, Neurohax said:

Popped in for a little over an hour, and from a completionist's perspective, this ain't it, cap'n.

- More vault bounties... don't care. Those were a chore and I'm not grinding those again.
- Infested kitguns... oh look scintillant. Nope. Never touching. That kills the new arcanes, too.
- New Necramech... don't care. My voidrig is the only thing that hasn't been maxed because necramechs are so incredibly boring. I have zero idea why these were added - they contribute nothing and the aesthetic is bizarrely disjointed from the rest of the game.
- (Apparently unintentional) Bonewidow weapon pod requires 45 Tinks? That's my kind of grind! 45 minutes later... got 55 Tinks... oh BASIC quality only? I have.... 8. Nope. Never happening.
- First thing I did when entering the Cambian Drift was head to the first pylon, hit it, aaaaand enemies don't spawn. gg
- More family drama... how did this entire concept get past QA? No one wants to play a grindy game where the only speaking lines are family counseling cliches, and I'd argue there are probably a not insignificant number of people that get triggered by the situation. Hey wanna have a discussion about my personal regrets regarding a traumatic family event? Too bad. I'm gonna throw 2-3 sentences about it at you every time you talk to me, and you'll be doing that a lot, since these tokens are artificially time-locked. Every interaction with them makes me cringe, even DaughteR34.

None of this seems remotely interesting. Every new weapon could just be an augment for an existing one, but then there wouldn't be a soul-crushing grind. There's a bugfix list a mile long, yet no mention of the falling through the world problems or railjack game breakers.

For reference, here's my mindset - 2k hours and been trying to collect one of everything, including mods at every level of upgrade. I'm down for some mundane grinding (hey, it's a nice stress reliever) to the point where I'm 3 Heavy Calibers from having all corrupted mods at all levels. I exempted the isolation vault bounty necramech mods from this personal quest because they were obnoxiously rare and the vault felt overwhelmingly unrewarding. I don't need to have everything right away - I unlocked all of Helminth without using a ton of resources and never rush foundry builds.

Dude tons of games coming out during winter sale and new games like hitman 3, cyberpunk 2077, baldurs gate 3. Don't force yourself on this game. I ain't even doing the new content, just logging in and out for primed sure footed atm. 

vor 8 Stunden schrieb (PSN)CommanderC2121:

Sounds like you should take a break then. Enjoy another game until warframe comes with an update that interests you. No harm in that

really now ... there are no ridiculous seasons with complete reset either. new content is constantly coming in.
don't like update? then I just don't play it. it couldn't be easier.
i have been playing since 2013 and have only leveled fortuna and earth reputation to level 5 in the last few months, for example. I hated bonties earlier. the same with profit takers and eidolons ... just traded and bought arcane energize with plat.
EZ? yes ... EZ!

It pains me to say that I have to agree with most of this.

ISO T3 is just a 40min mobile defense (you know, one of the most unliked game modes)

Infested kitguns sparked my interest and I will try them out

Nechramechs... I honestly don't know what people like so much about those. Other than an overkill for an exalted the other skills are utter crap and leveling them 6 times against lv40-50 infested..... yeah, no.

Tink issue got fixed fast, so nothing to discuss there.

What I find absolutely disgusting.

So far I've been giving a break to some releases, because it was obvious they didn't want to create a dumpster fire by having to nerf things, so they release them intentionally in a worse state and buff them when player feedback kicks in.

But in what world would anyone be ok with having to do ISO T3, so they can after that do another T3 of the other vaults...

I feel the exact opposite. I'm loving this update. I'm loving the SP changes, the new weapons to farm, all the other little changes, etc.

I just don't feel like making a 10 paragraph rant post about how awesome it is.  I wish someone else would though. It would be nice.

I also find out peculiar how you were able to judge the updates so quickly. How did you blaze through everything at a lightening pace to judge everything? Or did you just read the patch notes like "hate that, hate that, hate that, might be cool, hate that... Time to rant about how horrible this update is based purely on speculation" feedback like this sucks. 

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I feel the exact opposite. I'm loving this update. I'm loving the SP changes, the new weapons to farm, all the other little changes, etc.

I just don't feel like making a 10 paragraph rant post about how awesome it is.  I wish someone else would though. It would be nice.

I also find out peculiar how you were able to judge the updates so quickly. How did you blaze through everything at a lightening pace to judge everything? Or did you just read the patch notes like "hate that, hate that, hate that, might be cool, hate that... Time to rant about how horrible this update is based purely on speculation" feedback like this sucks. 

I'm personally not so fussed. I feel like this is a caretaker update.

And you know what?

There's literally nothing wrong with a caretaker update. It's a good update. It's not some massive game changer or a big headlining new feature. It's just a good, solid update with some new loot to chase, some new stuff to play with and some balancing changes that improve the Steel Path for the majority of players. Good stuff.

Frankly, my biggest complaint is the Bishamo armour Male/Female split hasn't happened yet.

11 hours ago, Neurohax said:

More vault bounties... don't care. Those were a chore and I'm not grinding those again.

I'll be honest, part of me is not looking forward to goign back after the insanity that was the Cortege grind. that was one of the worst grinds for me since Fortuna's Atmo Systems, and i don't say that lightly. I just hope the new vaults at least look kinda neat and have a hidden puzzle.

Infested kitguns... oh look scintillant. Nope. Never touching. That kills the new arcanes, too.

thanks for the heads up, I think I still have a few, a byproduct of the aforementioned Cortege farm.

New Necramech... don't care. My voidrig is the only thing that hasn't been maxed because necramechs are so incredibly boring. I have zero idea why these were added - they contribute nothing and the aesthetic is bizarrely disjointed from the rest of the game.

whaaaaat? to each their own i guess, but the Mechs are probably the best thing about Deimos IMO. 

Bonewidow weapon pod requires 45 Tinks? That's my kind of grind! 45 minutes later... got 55 Tinks... oh BASIC quality only? I have.... 8. Nope. Never happening.

ah, there's that linking between open worlds and the rest of the game that people wanted. sounds like a fishing trip on the Vallis is in order.

First thing I did when entering the Cambian Drift was head to the first pylon, hit it, aaaaand enemies don't spawn. gg

possibly a bug? Pylons never worked 100% of the time for me since Deimos launched, makes sense they'd be totally borked after a major update.

More family drama...

maybe just me but I liked the dysfunctional family dynamic. it was nice to see characters actually change after spending time working for them: not just their dialogue, but the way they act. the Plains and Fortuna NPCs seem a lot more one-dimensional by comparison. 

I think you're probably in need of something else to play, at least for a little while. 

11 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

But in what world would anyone be ok with having to do ISO T3, so they can after that do another T3 of the other vaults...

That is THE one thing that broke my interest. I like Warframe, I really like the new Deimos, I can handle bugs, I can handle grind, but... having to do those ISO runs I did time and time and time again to get Necramech mods just to be able to get a chance at the parts of two of the new weapons... I couldn't handle that. I am building and maxing all the rest of the new stuff, but then it's off to other games, for a while at least.

Archived