Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea Fight

TaxExemption23

Question

So I am doing the fight at the end of Deadlock Protocol, where you have to fight the Protea frame.  Every time I get her to 0 HP instead of, y'know, dying like she should, instead a blue dome appears around her with afterimages like when she uses Temporal Anchor, and the movement of my frame and any actions I try to take are slowed down, but menus and everything are fine.  I literally cannot deal damage to her because she is always seems to be in a not good spot, shooting her does nothing, and I can't approach with the Xoris.  Is this a bug? Or am I missing something?

5 answers to this question

Ok so to fight her, you gotta have the xoris, you kill the specters nearby the weird hatted corpus until the gauge shows that the xoris is charged. When you get her down to the time phase where she begins to reverse time to heal you need to throw the xoris and explode it, this knocks out one of the little bars of health she has, repeat this twice more and you beat her. The only way to beat her is to throw the xoris to explode it.

I've done all of this.  When she reaches 0 HP, instead of dying a blue dome appears around her and all of my movements and attacks become extremely slow, but things like menuing are totally normal.  I get through the fight normally until the end, where she (I presume) starts bugging out.

3 hours ago, TaxExemption23 said:

I've done all of this.  When she reaches 0 HP, instead of dying a blue dome appears around her and all of my movements and attacks become extremely slow, but things like menuing are totally normal.  I get through the fight normally until the end, where she (I presume) starts bugging out.

Blue dome is normal, it's part of the fight mechanics. All of your movements and attacks becoming slow is not. At least not when i fought her, and DE decided to spice up the fight after that.

Just a heads-up, for the final blow you need to do a fully charged throw. You know, with all of dots on your crosshair lights up and everything. People seemed to often missed this.

If you've done everything and still couldn't beat her, then it probably is a bug. We fellow players can't help you, submitting a ticket might be a better solution.

19 hours ago, TaxExemption23 said:

Is this a bug? Or am I missing something?

That depends on this:

19 hours ago, TaxExemption23 said:

Every time I get her to 0 HP

Her health bar is divided into four segments. By "0 HP" do you mean the end of her current segment? Or the end of her entire health bar?

If it's the end of her current segment and you're trying to finish the segment off with your Xoris, it's a bug.

If you're trying to blow up her entire health bar at once, then you're missing something: you need to interrupt her Temporal Anchor with the Xoris, otherwise she will never die

Archived