Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please change Glaive detonation to E (Melee button) in melee mode.

DemonScarf

While you have a Glaive dual wielded with a secondary you hold E to charge throw and then press E to detonate, but in melee only mode you hold E to charge throw and then have to press alt fire to detonate.

This is needlessly awkward, can it not just be changed to E to detonate in all modes for consistencies sake?

6 minutes ago, Dr.Pepper23 said:

Glaives still exist? 

DE has more important things to do like release more skins and work on shadows. 

Also, leaving things broken/barren and moving on is their signature thing. 

Dude, this is literally the update revolving around glaives rework, wtf are you talking about

Don't believe me?

On 2020-11-19 at 8:39 PM, [DE]Megan said:

GLAIVES REVISITED:

Many of these changes focus on enhancing the unique gameplay options that a Glaive can offer. We’ll start simple with throwing mechanics, and work our way up:

Heavy Attack (aka Glaive detonation) will now do more damage, more consistently! Damage numbers have been increased, and the area-of-effect falloff has been removed, meaning max damage no matter what part of the explosion hits an enemy. This should help encourage use of Glaives’ unique detonation functionality; another option to compliment swinging and throwing the weapon, allowing for massive bursts of damage when needed.

“Hold throw” mechanics now apply in Equipped Melee mode! When we added the ability to wield a Glaive alongside any one-handed secondary, we introduced a new system for throwing Glaives that was quicker and more intuitive. This modern system for both ground and air throwing has been applied to pure melee mode, making Glaives consistent no matter how they are used.

In “Glaive + Gun” mode, players must use the melee key to detonate the Glaive while in flight. With only the Glaive in hand, the alt fire button is no longer reserved for your secondary weapon, which allows for added flexibility - press alt fire for a Heavy Attack detonation, or tap melee for a simple recall

Glaive throws can now be performed while sliding! Tap to perform a regular spin attack, or hold to throw. An added level of flexibility to the Glaive playstyle.

Throw melee inputs can be “queued up”, one after the other! Also known as “buffering”, this means if you are holding a melee input as the Glaive returns to your hand, you will start charging another throw as soon as possible. With this change, a smooth gameflow emerges: throw a Glaive, hold melee as it returns, catch, release, repeat. 

Glaives can now be thrown multiple times in a single jump! Limitations to this type of throw have been removed to allow more chained throws.

With all of these improvements, Glaive throwing and detonating should become a more prominent and viable way to use these weapons. But we’re only getting started!

Another feature that makes Glaives stand out from other melee weapons, is their ability to be wielded alongside a one-handed secondary. This “Glaive + Gun” mode is also getting a couple upgrades:

Melee stance combos are now available in Glaive + Gun mode! Using a weapon combo will no longer restrict your melee options and movement, making Glaives even more deadly.

Glaive + Gun mode now utilizes melee auto blocking when not aiming or firing! This feature introduced in recent melee system updates will now also apply to the weapon combo mode, offering the benefits of actively equipped melee while still keeping your secondary at the ready.

With all these changes combined, we hope Glaive gameplay will feel more fluid, fun and unique. To encourage exploration of these new mechanics, we are also making changes to Glaive Modding options, improving old Mods and introducing new choices for players to try!

Glaive Mod Power Throw has been given respective buffs:

• Increased Punch Through from 0.6 to 2m.

• +2m Punch Through. On Consecutive Throw: +100% Throw Damage (up to maximum 3 stacks)

• Added 60% projectile speed.

This Mod will now be great for players who embrace the “catch and release” playstyle introduced by the changes to melee input queueing.

We also have two new Mods to help modify your playstyle even further… 

Volatile Rebound: 100% Chance to explode on Bounce (Disables Punch Through).

Volatile Quick Return: -4 Bounce. +100% Blast Radius. 100% chance to explode on Bounce (disables Punch Through). 

Unlike a Heavy Attack, the explosions from these Mods do NOT consume your combo counter. Equip Volatile Rebound to inflict as much chaos as possible from a single throw, or Volatile Quick Return for rapid targeted strikes.

*Find the Volatile Rebound and Volatile Quick Return Mods from Cambion Drift Deimos enemies!

Below are some specific changes per weapon from the above changes:

Cerata

• Added guaranteed Toxin proc on Heavy Attack Detonation.

• Increased Critical Damage from 2.2 to 2.3x of throw.

• Reduced AoE fall off from 50% to 30%.

Falcor

• Added guaranteed Electricity proc to Heavy Attack Detonation.

• Reduced AoE fall off from 50% to 40%.

Glaive

• Added guaranteed Impact proc to Heavy Attack Detonation.

Glaive Prime

Halikar

Kestrel

• Reduced Max self CC from Knocked Down to Stagger.

Orvius

• Added guaranteed Cold proc to Heavy Attack Detonation.

• Quick Throws now perform the Hover Attack.

Pathocyst

• Added guaranteed Viral proc to Heavy Attack Detonation.

• Reduced Max self CC from Knocked Down to Stagger.

Xoris

• Added guaranteed Electricity proc to Heavy Attack Detonation.

Wolf Sledge

• Now uses the new Glaive hold melee to throw mechanics (no air throws at this time).

• Wolf Sledge now explodes on impact when Thrown.

Glaive specific stat display changes:

• Removed ‘Damage’ value from Heavy Attack since this value is no longer used.

• ‘Radial Attack’ has been renamed to ‘Bounce Attack’. 

• This stat is only shown when the weapon is equipped with a mod that has the chance to explode on bounce qualifier (ie. the new Glaive mods Volatile Rebound and Volatile Quick Return!) 

• Added a stat for % chance to explode on bounce. 

• Added ‘Heavy Radial Attack’ stat to both Throw and Charge Throw categories. 

GLAIVES FEEDBACK THREAD: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1236096-deimos-arcana-glaive-changes-megathread/ 

46 minutes ago, Dr.Pepper23 said:

Glaives still exist? 

DE has more important things to do like release more skins and work on shadows. 

Also, leaving things broken/barren and moving on is their signature thing. 

4 minutes ago, Dr.Pepper23 said:

Oh hey, they added stuff that should of been there yeeeaarrs ago. 

Classic DE 👍

Classic. People complains because DE "forgot stuff". Then DE do something and the same people is like "after that long?! pfff"

5 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I think his point was, the prioritization of issues, don't you?

Anyway the clunky mechanics come from the developers not playing the game but OP is of course right, for muscle memory, the controls have to be unified.

If throwing the glaive is a heavy attack, it should always be on alt fire.

6 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

I think his point was, the prioritization of issues, don't you?

Anyway the clunky mechanics come from the developers not playing the game but OP is of course right, for muscle memory, the controls have to be unified.

If throwing the glaive is a heavy attack, it should always be on alt fire.

But I agree with the OP. I don't agree with people talking about "DE forgot" in all ironic, DE fixes and then just go by "AHAHA TOOK THIS LONG!", that's just wanting to be mad at every #*!%ing DE move, wich it could even be justified, but doesn't make both statements less hillarious comming from the same literal person on the same thread.

43 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

There isn't anything to disagree with, is there? Or do you feel the glaive really is a pressing issue for the community right now, or that it's fine sitting there for years abandoned?

What facts were off exactly.

I'd go as far as to say, there isn't really anything in the whole game, that just works without problems. You can justifiably criticize everything.

Just like the prioritization itself can also be criticized.

The thing about all of it, is accountability. The only people holding the developers' accountable are the complainers.

State of the game as is, with the terrible babushka grinds and timegates is the 'compromise', the mild version, of what would have been if the developers had carte blanche with no complainers.

The reason people look down on developer apologists is them not understanding the elementary basics of the situation.

1 minute ago, Surbusken said:

There isn't anything to disagree with, is there? Or do you feel the glaive really is a pressing issue for the community right now, or that it's fine sitting there for years abandoned?

What facts were off exactly.

I'd go as far as to say, there isn't really anything in the whole game, that just works without problems. You can justifiably criticize everything.

Just like the prioritization itself can also be criticized.

The thing about all of it, is accountability. The only people holding the developers' accountable are the complainers.

State of the game as is, with the terrible babushka grinds and timegates is the 'compromise', the mild version, of what would have been if the developers had carte blanche with no complainers.

The reason people look down on developer apologists is them not understanding the elementary basics of the situation.

I'm not happy in how DE does some stuff (I'm an operator player, I don't even have new content or reworks since literal years) and I'm not gonna dened it, but there is really something useful on complaining about an already made change for some forgotten content? I'm no talking about OP suggestion, wich I support.

16 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I'm not happy in how DE does some stuff (I'm an operator player, I don't even have new content or reworks since literal years) and I'm not gonna dened it, but there is really something useful on complaining about an already made change for some forgotten content? I'm no talking about OP suggestion, wich I support.

Yes, that is what I am trying to get through to you with in the last post.

If you accept them working on the glaive, a mostly ignored item, while letting every other weapon in the whole game sit, then you accept that as a cultivate norm.

Complainers come out and try to rescue the situation raising the bar by downvoting the general behavior.

No, you could spend your time better than this. Good for them, good for the game, good for you.

Complaining is the only thing standing between the game and chaos, you need to get right with it.

1 minute ago, Surbusken said:

Yes, that is what I am trying to get through to you with in the last post.

If you accept them working on the glaive, a mostly ignored item, while letting every other weapon in the whole game sit, then you accept that as a cultivate norm.

Complainers come out and try to rescue the situation raising the bar by downvoting the general behavior.

No, you could spend your time better than this. Good for them, good for the game, good for you.

Complaining is the only thing standing between the game and chaos, you need to get right with it.

No, it's because I understand how a game is being made on first place and that's why I understand that somethings needs more attention than others. Complaining because they don't fix things and then complain on the same thread because "it took too long" doesn't even achieve something on first place, it's like say "thanks, I hate it". How that can be considered feedback? 

2 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

No, it's because I understand how a game is being made on first place and that's why I understand that somethings needs more attention than others. Complaining because they don't fix things and then complain on the same thread because "it took too long" doesn't even achieve something on first place, it's like say "thanks, I hate it". How that can be considered feedback? 

Gibberish

20 minutes ago, Dr.Pepper23 said:

Now this is the most classic thing there is.

Ppl always defending DE no matter how badly they do things. 👏

I mean, you were complaining for something they already did, and also trying to derail this user post based on that...

2 hours ago, vanaukas said:

I mean, you were complaining for something they already did, and also trying to derail this user post based on that...

Lol?

This game is nothing but complaints... A good chunk of those are legitimate like the OP's. 

The bad thing is that those legit complaints fall largely of deaf ears. 

Archived