What happened to being able to deploy the Necramech anywhere?

Prexades

14 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Needed more work. They are causing issues when deployed in Railjack and Assassination missions. There was a tweet by Rebbecca but I couldn't find it.

Didn't find anything on rebb's tweets just that Scott one

Also never seen they mention that it would come in the next update don't know where op got that from

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Also never seen they mention that it would come in the next update don't know where op got that from

Like OP i just kinda assumed they would package that in with a new Necramech hype.

54 minutes ago, Prexades said:

I am a bit confused as this was supposed to be part of the next big update, but there is no mention of it anymore. The NM are still confined to the open world maps.

Yeah i was pretty exited to come farm the new Necrhamech to bring to regular mission. Guess il wait longer.

1 hour ago, MouadSaqui said:

I think they intentionally didn't release it due to the Overpowered state of necramechs, people will find ways to AFK endless missions for infinite loot 

Very good point , add one wukong twin and a pet and a Clem and you got a small army while you eat Pizza and watch TV 

4 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

I think they intentionally didn't release it due to the Overpowered state of necramechs, people will find ways to AFK endless missions for infinite loot 

if that's the case, then it will never happen. not without nerfing the Mech so hard it becomes *actually* pointless.

the most obvious Meta I could think of would be taking Mechs to Defense, and keeping Guard Mode on. essentially like have Mesa but with significantly more damage and added AoE, and more durability. seriously, if you've ever used Guard Mode for any length of time, you know how bonkers it is. nothing can touch you if you keep your head on a swivel.

if DE can't accept that stuff like this will inevitably happen, they need to say no to Necramechs in regular missions. it's not fair to keep people waiting for something literally won't come. it's probably more likely that deploying the mech in certain areas is probably bugged to hell and just aren't ready.

I don't believe they ever said it would come in the next big update.

They said they were trying to find a way to make it work in places besides open world, in as many tilesets as possible. 

As far as I remember, they made no promises or even suggested a timeframe when it comes to when we will have the functionality. 

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I don't believe they ever said it would come in the next big update.

They said they were trying to find a way to make it work in places besides open world, in as many tilesets as possible. 

As far as I remember, they made no promises or even suggested a timeframe when it comes to when we will have the functionality. 

So never. Got it.

Such a shame too, cuz this update was already trash, unpolished and wasn't even in the test cluster for that long. I feel bad for the new necamech, seems it's a weak one.

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

So never. Got it.

Such a shame too, cuz this update was already trash, unpolished and wasn't even in the test cluster for that long. I feel bad for the new necamech, seems it's a weak one.

If you expected it any sooner than Soon(tm) than that's on you man. 

I know DE is known for [DE]lays, but that's the thing. Anyone who has stuck around any length of time should be prepared for this. 

If DE gives a deadline or timeframe, expect them to blow past it. 

If they don't give a deadline, expect it to suddenly plop down when everyone had forgotten about it and doesn't care anymore except for the occasional meme about it never happening (see Hydroid Prime Trailer). 

11 hours ago, Prexades said:

I am a bit confused as this was supposed to be part of the next big update, but there is no mention of it anymore. The NM are still confined to the open world maps.

20 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Necramechs will now increase max level by 2 for each Forma applied, up to Rank 40! 

• With twelve Mod slots to fill, borrowing the Polarity mechanics introduced with the Paracesis made perfect sense. This change also prompted a discussion to address the mission restrictions with Necramech leveling (Free Roam only). As a result, we’ve increased the Shared Affinity Range in Free Roam missions (see below for more details). We still have plans to allow deployable Necramech’s in normal mission modes at a later date - stay tuned!

• If you have already reached Rank 30 on your Necramech prior to this update, you will retain the full Mastery Points for it. You are still free to level it to Rank 40 to unlock further Mod slots!

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

If you expected it any sooner than Soon(tm) than that's on you man. 

I know DE is known for [DE]lays, but that's the thing. Anyone who has stuck around any length of time should be prepared for this. 

If DE gives a deadline or timeframe, expect them to blow past it. 

If they don't give a deadline, expect it to suddenly plop down when everyone had forgotten about it and doesn't care anymore except for the occasional meme about it never happening (see Hydroid Prime Trailer). 

What the hell?, your Icon was Baro, now it's changed, did they fix the thing with the Forms?

Onto topic: I didn't expect anything, infact I wasn't even AWARE this update existed until the Test Cluster was announced, I shut down all streamers/youtube content about WF, only pop in to check on the Dev stream to see if they keep dreaming that this game will stay alive.

So far I heard from a few CC and people who tested this stuff, clearly said: It's no where near ready, I won't bother sending you a link to some radnom dude on youtube, but take a look at a few yourself. You'll see what I mean.

PR for DE is as clever as EA, trying to defned lootboxs.

So here's the problem with the necramechs and most missions: it just doesn't fit through most doors.

Outside of the Orb Vallis and the corpus reworked tiles on Jupiter and shipside there is a high volume of doorways and such that the mech just can't go though without a redeployment. Go to the plains and get in the mech and go to one of the caves that has a circular door on it, you'll find you can't get through it while in the mech. That is the most common door on grineer tilesets, so that means DE has to fix around all of that as well as narrow corridors that you can find on Earth, Mars, Lua, Venus and grineer asteroids. Then there's the old corpus tiles that have the old doors and outside of the largest circular door on the ground I believe all (or almost all) of them are too short for the mechs. And its the same in the Void/Lua with many of the doors not being large enough for the mechs to squeeze through as well. 

Don't have high hopes that its coming soon because it not balance that's the problem, its the collision boxes of everything.

13 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Seems like we've got collision issues.

They might need to make a "Morph Ball" type mode for Necramechs, like a compressed mode that lets them get through tight spaces.

13 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Here you go, edited my previous post so people don’t have to scroll down. 

4 hours ago, Fl_3 said:

I'm waiting on this before I seriously start grinding the Necramech.

But then again, I've been waiting years for improvements to Archwing as well.

Grinding necramechs is definitely more convenient now with the affinity range upgrade. Some of the new iso vault bounties spawn stupid numbers of enemies in tiny hallways so you can just sit and rack up affinity really fast if you get lucky with the spawns.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Seems like we've got collision issues.

They might need to make a "Morph Ball" type mode for Necramechs, like a compressed mode that lets them get through tight spaces.

Crouch should solve a lot of doorways. Those vertical pipes,... that's a different matter.

Now there are some terrains (e.g. Jupiter gas giant tiles) that Necramechs are just never going to work on because you have to parkour or dash across gaps. To a certain degree we should expect that redeploys will be needed.

3 hours ago, R0AHN said:

Now there are some terrains (e.g. Jupiter gas giant tiles) that Necramechs are just never going to work on because you have to parkour or dash across gaps.

I'd be an advocate for Armored Core style boost meter for flight to solve that issue, tie it to the stamina meter so perma-flight isn't an option and force a cooldown if it gets abused.

Tie in some evasive short bursts like how we roll to the meter as well and you've got a solid mech setup.

...Honestly they could copy/paste the Armored Core mech controls and I'd be in heaven.

Archived