Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Nukor Chain mechanic and damage output is BUGGED

Xikto

I just finished getting my kuva Nukor to 60% heat and i built a usual status crit hybrid with Prime mods lethal torrent magnum force and viral made with 60 60 s to get a viral heat with default heat, Went to simulacrum and started testing, as i understand it and Wiki also mentions the damage is supposed and i quote "The damages are : 100% for the main target, 75% for the first in the chain, 42.2% for the 2nd, 17.8% for the 3rd, and 5.6% for the 4th." and that makes sense!

But when i starting shooting 20 lvl 120 corrupted heavy gunner in the ballroom simulacrum, before the main target died 16 others died, and i looked closer and tested more and saw that 2nd target indeed takes less dmg but 3rd 4th and 5th take exponential damage making the 5th take a few million damage per tick making it instant death for the ends of the chain, i was always wondering how and why nukor was so strong but never actually looked into it, Now i guess i know why!

I always thought Kuva Nukor functions as intended and it's just good but no it's bugged and it gives numbers that it shouldn't. Please have a look at this!

EDIT: Upon further testing (keep in mind numbers are rough numbers) i have concluded the following:

The first target takes as much damage as should at 100%

The second target also takes ALMOST as much dmg as should though the tests show it's more than 75% more like 90%

The third target takes about 950% damage

The fourth target takes 6,300% damage

The fifth target takes 50,000% damage

Even with a build as simple as CC CD (primed mods) and 1x 60 60 heat. the 5th target died in 1 second!

Some targets are in separate places in the chain for the different beams, so when you have multishot on it some of them can be in 3rd and 2nd position in the different chains at times.

Plus, if you're using a primed bane mod against them, it applied twice with certain damage types that have DoT effects on a status proc. like heat for example.
The DoT effect of heat damage also functions differently from other damage types with a similar effect: slash and toxin will have a separate instance of damage for each active ticking status effect, heat combines all of the damage into one tick from ALL active effects on the target. So with armor stripped and large stacks of heat procs, they're going to take a lot of damage from the heat that you put onto them. But not necessarily from the weapon's direct damage.

I'm also fairly certain that heat damage ticks for the kuva nukor are calculated based on the weapons base and modded damage, not on the target's position in the chain.

3 minutes ago, FLSH_BNG said:

Some targets are in separate places in the chain for the different beams, so when you have multishot on it some of them can be in 3rd and 2nd position in the different chains at times.

Plus, if you're using a primed bane mod against them, it applied twice with certain damage types that have DoT effects on a status proc. like heat for example.
The DoT effect of heat damage also functions differently from other damage types with a similar effect: slash and toxin will have a separate instance of damage for each active ticking status effect, heat combines all of the damage into one tick from ALL active effects on the target. So with armor stripped and large stacks of heat procs, they're going to take a lot of damage from the heat that you put onto them. But not necessarily from the weapon's direct damage.

I'm also fairly certain that heat damage ticks for the kuva nukor are calculated based on the weapons base and modded damage, not on the target's position in the chain.

Please test also check the numbers i just provided!

2 hours ago, FLSH_BNG said:

Some targets are in separate places in the chain for the different beams

That is exactly what i thought at first that when hit my multiple beams they get more dmg but not 500 times the damage on 5th target that makes literally no sense! there is definitly something wrong here! in no scenario it is possible that chained targets die before the main target given they should take A LOT less damage and its main use is supposed to be status spread!

Archived