Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel path alert incentives for player to actually do them every day

maxximuxx

FIRST OF ALL

Let's talk about the new steel farm

The steel drop are lower than before yes but 
In a way is much more fun and Now it's a more friendly 
Public matchmaking game mode and not a specific team or solo farming so in general yes it's a really good change

BUT NOW LETS TALK ALERT INCENTIVES

And here is my idea

it would be nice if the steel alerts gave player a incentive nothing too exaggerated like if you complete all alerts each day at every Sunday you earn a weekly X-steel bonus

Because let's be honest if you can do endless farm in surv there's no actual point on wasting time or putting effort on doing the alerts at all

46 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

The incentive to do dailies is to have enough essence to purchase the weekly item from teshin (such as the current umbra forma). No more incentive is needed IMO.

You know there's no actual use for umbra formas as of now unless they makes new umbra mods witch I really doub so it's pretty much a niche subject not a incentive at all in my book

And I'm referring to do the alerts why even bother doing them at all if you can do surv and get better results

This will be exactly like syphons most players don't even care about normal syphons only the higher one or go surv and arbi

So if they gave incentive weekly bonus to player who did all the daily alerts every day more players would do them 

6 hours ago, maxximuxx said:

You know there's no actual use for umbra formas as of now unless they makes new umbra mods witch I really doub so it's pretty much a niche subject not a incentive at all in my book

And I'm referring to do the alerts why even bother doing them at all if you can do surv and get better results

This will be exactly like syphons most players don't even care about normal syphons only the higher one or go surv and arbi

So if they gave incentive weekly bonus to player who did all the daily alerts every day more players would do them 

tell me more will smith GIF

No use for umbra forma, you say? Tell us more.

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

No use for umbra forma, you say? Tell us more.

Eh, while OP is only a little off about the incentives (I mean, let's be honest, only one item so far that can actually be bought with all the Essence besides Kuva? A little lacking there) they aren't wrong about Umbral Forma. In a sense.

I don't think that we've seen all of Teshin's 'rare' stock, and the Umbral Forma apparently runs out in less than three days, which isn't enough for anyone starting right now to get with just the Daily Alerts. I mean... I got 23 out of them today, and much faster than any of the multiple runs I've done to test the drop rate of Steel Essence previously for the same time frame... I would have had to spend an hour in the run to get that many while Solo and this only took me about twenty to thirty minutes, the Acolytes only spawned in two of them because I was going too fast. In any case, there's going to be more 'rare' stock and I'm interested to know what it will be.

While OP is being really, really arrogant about it, there are actually very few frames that benefit from a triple-umbral build, which is the only one you actually need Umbral Forma to achieve. And even then, those frames only need one each and the rest can be done with regular Forma.

Anyone that's been around for the duration of Nightwave (only shy of two years now) will have a minimum of four. Three from the Nightwave, one from that Gift Of The Lotus drop. And that's actually the most I've needed... Anyone around for the brief period of Umbral Forma from the Anomaly will have more, and, again... what do you really do with it?

If there's ever an Umbral style of mod for Efficiency or Range added in, then a triple-Umbral build will actually be worth it on way more frames, but as of right now, there's plenty of frames that will never need the things.

So... when you weigh it up, for the effort put in to do Steel Path Alerts every day, not missing a day, that an Umbral Forma still costs a Forma to build, it only saves you 8 Mod Points, and if you're going for a locked-in build that requires those... it's easier to just build one Forma a day for that week and level the frame a couple more times for the same result.

The Umbral Forma thing is just about 'effort for time' as it were. If you need it, it's there, it's worth the effort. But I, much like the OP, feel that it's not worth it since I don't need it.

19 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Eh, while OP is only a little off about the incentives (I mean, let's be honest, only one item so far that can actually be bought with all the Essence besides Kuva? A little lacking there) they aren't wrong about Umbral Forma. In a sense.

I don't think that we've seen all of Teshin's 'rare' stock, and the Umbral Forma apparently runs out in less than three days, which isn't enough for anyone starting right now to get with just the Daily Alerts. I mean... I got 23 out of them today, and much faster than any of the multiple runs I've done to test the drop rate of Steel Essence previously for the same time frame... I would have had to spend an hour in the run to get that many while Solo and this only took me about twenty to thirty minutes, the Acolytes only spawned in two of them because I was going too fast. In any case, there's going to be more 'rare' stock and I'm interested to know what it will be.

While OP is being really, really arrogant about it, there are actually very few frames that benefit from a triple-umbral build, which is the only one you actually need Umbral Forma to achieve. And even then, those frames only need one each and the rest can be done with regular Forma.

Anyone that's been around for the duration of Nightwave (only shy of two years now) will have a minimum of four. Three from the Nightwave, one from that Gift Of The Lotus drop. And that's actually the most I've needed... Anyone around for the brief period of Umbral Forma from the Anomaly will have more, and, again... what do you really do with it?

If there's ever an Umbral style of mod for Efficiency or Range added in, then a triple-Umbral build will actually be worth it on way more frames, but as of right now, there's plenty of frames that will never need the things.

So... when you weigh it up, for the effort put in to do Steel Path Alerts every day, not missing a day, that an Umbral Forma still costs a Forma to build, it only saves you 8 Mod Points, and if you're going for a locked-in build that requires those... it's easier to just build one Forma a day for that week and level the frame a couple more times for the same result.

The Umbral Forma thing is just about 'effort for time' as it were. If you need it, it's there, it's worth the effort. But I, much like the OP, feel that it's not worth it since I don't need it.

couldn't have said any better thats exacly my point of view 

2 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

I think a bonus for doing all alerts in a day is a great incentive to do them all. Daily seems better than weekly though, just so one missed day doesn't sacrifice your bonus. Or if it's weekly, scale the bonus off how many alerts completed.

exacly based on how much you put effort to the dailly you get a bonus at the end of the week 

vor 11 Stunden schrieb maxximuxx:

This community: Bring back alerts, Nightwave has too much Fear Of Missing Out!

Also this community: Make some reward that I have to play several missions literally every single day to get!

On 2020-11-20 at 2:45 AM, maxximuxx said:

In a way is much more fun

Small point of disagreement: the new system isn't really more fun, it's more just less boring and repetitive.  It's just normal missions, with a stalker wannabee showing up every time.

Also, there's a(nother) 800 pound gorilla in the room here.  When people heard Umbral Forma was going to be purchasable with Steel Essence, and that they were going to significantly nerf Steel Essence farming rates, most people that cared about getting a lot of Umbral Forma farmed up thousands of Steel Essence while the farming was good.  I for one, am sitting on a two year supply of Steel Essence for Umbral Forma.

So... I think for most players, Umbral Forma is not an incentive to do this content now.  Either they don't care about Umbral Forma, or they've already farmed it up.

Archived