Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea fight bug

kenpled

9 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I have almost the same issue.
On 'killing' her, instead of in the OP vid where it all goes wild, for me she dies, charges up to explode, then time reverses back to when I killed her, and while her body is gone, the charge up effect still happens, then she explodes and time reverses back... repeat.
But it's all running fine, not like OP where the FX effect FPS... it's just stuck in a time loop like Dormammu when Dr. strange used  the Eye of Agamotto on him.

How rude indeed! To Carnage2k4 goes all the praise for making the great reference! All praise Carnage2k4, the original referencer of the "I've come to bargain, Dorammu!" phrase in this Protea fight bug  thread. Praise be, and hail Carnage2k4! Long may he reign supreme!

Please spare this foolish mortal, who erred by not seeing your great comment first! My life is in your hands!

I'd like to toss in a small check for the unkillable bundle of particles that is Protea.
Though, the boss fight itself runs fine! Thank you for fixing the performance drop! ❤

Everything goes good until you knock off her final health bar—she teleported to where she originally was(since I accidentally knocked her off the stage) and began to use Temporal Anchor and is continuously stuck in the animation loop. There is no physical body there, but there is an enemy way point. The Xoris's detonation does not register damage where Protea's body should be, but general melee damage does. Although, it registers the damage her shield bar does not mirror the damage dealt.

So yeah, health bar is entirely depleted and isn't "locked" so there's nothing to really do except abort the mission.

On 2020-11-20 at 1:07 PM, kenpled said:

UPDATE : Apparently the game doesn't go in full "I want to die and rape your ears at the same time" mode anymore (since last hotfix), but the mission is still blocked and doesn't finish after you kill Protea's last health bar.

So today I finally started doing "the deadlock protocol" quest. No issue for most of it.

Until the "defeat protea" part.

At first it goes with no problem, I can charge the Xoris on the specters, deplete her health and force her to regen with less health by discharging the Xoris when her health turns grey.

The bug starts when I complete that with her 4th (last) health bar (from what I've seen in videos, the part where she burns and dies) :

1 - The sound of my game goes crazy (think the kind of horrible and loud sound when your PC freezes)

2 - my fps plumet fast

3 - Protea gets in a blue "bubble shield thingy"

4 - There is no end to it, I can either close the game / abort the mission, or I stay there staring at less and less FPS with my computer on the verge of dying

Here is the video of it happening

BE CAREFUL THE SOUND GOES REALLY LOUD WHEN THE BUG STARTS HAPPENING

For the record, I have a pretty nice computer (i7 4Ghz CPU, 2060 SUPER GPU), and this kind of occurence is definitely not something usual.

happend to me in the last hotfix too but now its with nice fps but cant damage porta 

3 hours ago, Wanderer_of_Worlds said:

How rude indeed! To Carnage2k4 goes all the praise for making the great reference! All praise Carnage2k4, the original referencer of the "I've come to bargain, Dorammu!" phrase in this Protea fight bug  thread. Praise be, and hail Carnage2k4! Long may he reign supreme!

Please spare this foolish mortal, who erred by not seeing your great comment first! My life is in your hands!

Better.

Solved it for me. After she goes into the same loop of rewinding those 6 seconds. just die. once dead press ESC and hold X for bout 2 seconds, wait a second and hold again. after like 15 seconds you should be transported back. THAN you can rewiwe like normal.

23 minutes ago, GrayWings said:

Same is happening to me. Can we get a fix for this please? That esc and hold x trick didn't work.

FYI, we can't go into operator mode, so it kinda shows that we are in a scripted part or something.

We're working on a fix now. You should hopefully see it in the next hotfix update. Sorry for the inconvenience!

6 minutes ago, Greenx97 said:

Just happend to me, but it was just the infinite respawn thing, my fps was stable and i could extract from the mission easy. I hoped it is fixed soon...

Yeah, I tried to do this on my lunch hour and same thing. No performance issues, just the whole Dormammu nonsense when she was already dead. Could abort mission just fine, but it wouldn't progress past that point, just rewinds every 5 seconds forever.

On 2020-11-24 at 4:00 AM, [DE]Linkski said:

Can everyone please try again with the latest hotfix?

Hotfix 29.5.3
Fixes:

• Fixed the final mission on The Deadlock Protocol Quest not being completable (the boss fight with Protea). 

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1237408-deimos-arcana-hotfix-2953/

Finally completed the quest yesterday. Thank you for the quick fix. 

Archived