Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon completely stops working

xobo3211

Not sure if the bug is a controller bug or a bug with a stance mod. I was trying to level the Mire with an Iron Phoenix stance mod on it. To start with, every attack I used on the Mire always started out with the stab from the neutral combo coming out first. However, at some point in the mission the Mire just completely stops working, and I become unable to melee for the rest of the mission. I'm currently using a PS4 controller that is emulating an Xbox controller with DS4 windows.

EDIT:

Just tested with no stance mod and the issue happened again. Tried pressing the keyboard melee key once the bug happened and that didn't work, so I don't think it's a bug with either the controller or stance mod. Honestly not sure what is causing it then.

I am having the same problem. Using Mire with Iron Phoenix stance.

I am a new Tenno and have been playing for a few weeks. This has never happened until yesterday for me.

EDIT : I do see this has been a problem in the past however as mentioned above this has not happened to me in the few weeks since I've started playing.

I think there are broader control issues. Since Deimos Arcana launched, I've not been able to go on any extended runs without controls stopping responding, anywhere from "takes a few moments of trying" to "completely stops responding until aborting". I've had it happen with melee, primary/secondary fire/aim, jump, and even chat. This has mostly been on open worlds, I've not done any long-run missions outside of those environments since - but I just had to abort from a Tridolon run because all of the above shut down and stayed down.

At first I thought it might be related to glaive and gun mode, as I was running Kuva Seer + Xoris when it first started happening, but it's been happening with other weapons too.

Edit to add: There have also been animation issues alongside this, usually in the form of sliding around without animating/turning. At one point, leaving Mesa Prime's Peacemaker resulted in one of the shooting poses from Peacemaker being what my Mesa Prime would snap back to whenever not doing anything else, despite the Regulators being folded up and other weapons in hand.

As an update to this:

Fixed an issue with several one-handed Melee weapons not functioning (as an accidental result of the Glaive changes). Weapons included: most Machetes, Plasma Sword, Destreza and Destreza Prime, Sheev, and Scoliac. 

Just added in latest Hotfix. Thanks folks!

Same problem with Mire.. I can hit ONES at the start of mission and then never again. not even special attack. Rebinding the key to different hotkey doesnt work either!!! Please hotfix asap! I was in a Meele only Gift of Lotus mission and couldn't attack!!!

Doesn't matter which stance or with augment/syndicat mod or not.. Even unmodded. Can't attack!

https://streamable.com/ed0wr8

Archived