Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Time to Fix Gas

Traumtulpe

Gas is broken. You don't have to take my word for it. From the Wiki, first Heat, second Gas:

For example, tick damage for a weapon with an innate 100 damage, Mod TT 20px.pngSerration, Mod TT 20px.pngHellfire, and Mod TT 20px.pngBane of Grineer will be:

Modded Damage = 100 × (1 + 1.65) × (1 + 0.3) = 344.5
Heat Mod Multiplier = (1 + 0.9) × (1 + 0.3) = 2.47x
Tick Damage = 0.5 × 344.5 × 2.47 = 425.4575

For example, tick damage for a weapon with an innate 100 damage, Mod TT 20px.pngSerrationMod TT 20px.pngThermite Rounds, Mod TT 20px.pngInfected Clip and Mod TT 20px.pngBane of Grineer will be:

Modded Damage = 100 × (1 + 1.65) × (1 + 0.3) = 344.5
Tick Damage = 0.5 × 344.5 × (1 + 0.3) = 223.925

Gas uses one extra mod to do half the damage. Not to mention that Heat can be stacked infinitely, for increasing damage, reduces armor by 50%, and crowd controls. If you have modded your weapon for Gas, you'd double your damage by removing the Toxin mod (and gain many additional benefits).

There are no excuses. You know it's broken. We know you know it's broken (because we told you). It's time.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)GigaZumbi001 said:

Repost to feedback.

A reasonable response, but DE is aware of this feedback (it was given at the time of the Gas changes, plentiful). This post's intention is to raise player awareness to (hopefully) pressure DE into finally doing something, and is thus in the right place.

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

I like your humor.

It might be funny, but it's not a joke... I feel like they deliberately broke this though, too help control how overpowered melee is. 

I wrote a more complete critique of status here. 

Fundamentally I think it's silly that an innate physical type status can ignore armor when another physical type specializes in defeating it... and neither toxin nor gas, usually an additive element, and a combination element in gas, observe armor reduction and deal less damage than a physical type. Is the toxin or gas damaging our biological armor rather than poisoning our internal organs when applied? I could even understand if they had no on hit damage and only did Status DoT... but somehow slash status outperforms both...

Archived