Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP Khora

GhostRidER162

6 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Be a bit more specific for the people that don't use Khora please. I've seen the one-liner, but it's not very descriptive. Does Whipclaw + Strangledome not go through walls anymore at all?

When her whip strikes, the aoe has a line of sight check. 
In practice - if you are in a closed area with a lot of geometry, her whip randomly doesn't hit anyone, or only a few enemies. 
Strangle dome still functions as it was, but it is much more difficult to hit more enemies at the same time (less dmg)
Khora was build around her 1 being good. She is extremelly squishy, so she needed to kill enemies asap (before they can one shot her)
Now you have to wait to be able to see them, so you can aim whip perfectly. -> higher probability of getting oneshot killed
Even with max range, the effect gets stuck behind geometry, rendering her kit unreliable and thus useless. 

9 minutes ago, AltairFerenc said:

you must be new here... nerfs come and go(JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER FRICKING ONLINE GAME), reworks come and go, khora's whip was incredibly broken and still is, it needed to happen.

I would be happy if people stoped saying "her whip was broken", because it is NOT true. 

1) the cost of mods and formas for her and her statstick to get her to level we are talking about is a lot - when you put that much into any warframe it becomes strong
2) you have to understand her kit, to be able to perform that well
3) it is difficult to keep her alive when faced against high lvl enemies, she dies easily
4) she is very interactive (high APM warframe)

There are literally warframe that need only a press of a button every once in a while to do same effect or even more.

Khora to begin with has a very weird and highly unreliable whipclaw but the strangledome made up for all of its problems, by letting you whip through without aiming anywhere, specifically as long as it hits the dome and being one of the most interactive frames it felt so much fun to play her, now in simulacrum my khora can't do shiz against strangled enemies, even having a line of sight at an angle is so weird, it doesn't hit at all.

6 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I would be happy if people stoped saying "her whip was broken", because it is NOT true. 

1) the cost of mods and formas for her and her statstick to get her to level we are talking about is a lot - when you put that much into any warframe it becomes strong
3) it is difficult to keep her alive when faced against high lvl enemies, she dies easily

There are literally warframe that need only a press of a button every once in a while to do same effect or even more.

Odd, when I used her for 3 hour SP survival for essence [solo] I spent a good chunk of it alt tabbed and didn't invest in her, and never used her before other than to level her. Are you sure you meant Khora? 

1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

But you have shield gating though? Other frames make do with that just fine, why not Khora?

Most warframes (if not all) that use shield gating are played in a way, where you jump and run around a lot to dodge incoming dmg, while their shield recharge. Also most of these do heva either some form of DR or they have a way to rebuild their defenses (like mag for example, or they aren't heavy on mods, so they can benefit from Auger set mods)

Khora can't do any of these. But she got around it by using strangledome and jumping around a lot.
The problem is.. if you jump around, you cannot aim precisely and getting her whip to stirke well enough is hard now even when you are standing still.

14 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

When her whip strikes, the aoe has a line of sight check. 
In practice - if you are in a closed area with a lot of geometry, her whip randomly doesn't hit anyone, or only a few enemies. 
Strangle dome still functions as it was, but it is much more difficult to hit more enemies at the same time (less dmg)
Khora was build around her 1 being good. She is extremelly squishy, so she needed to kill enemies asap (before they can one shot her)
Now you have to wait to be able to see them, so you can aim whip perfectly. -> higher probability of getting oneshot killed
Even with max range, the effect gets stuck behind geometry, rendering her kit unreliable and thus useless. 

Or you could stop trying to max out the range and build for more survivability.

2 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Odd, when I used her for 3 hour SP survival for essence [solo] I spent a good chunk of it alt tabbed and didn't invest in her, and never used her before other than to level her. Are you sure you meant Khora? 

alt tabbed... lmao.. i would want to see that. unless you were using a macro
otherwise you are lying :)

1 minute ago, Cerikus said:

they can benefit from Auger set mods [...] Khora can't do any of these.

You spam Whipclaw. A single set mod gives you very brief invincibility every time you to. I'm sure you can get it to work if you try. Maybe use Rolling Guard as a failsafe?

Copypaste from another thread:

I am really sad Khora's Whipclaw is now partially unusable. The LoS detection doesn't work as intended because judging the distance between where the Whipclaw will hit and the current\future location of an enemy is not done with a crosshair, but a vague aiming direction. Whipclaw is not an Ogris, being accurate with it is extremely difficult. The result is that Khora now just performs extremely poorly in enclosed spaces, which is most spaces. When her kit is clearly designed to work best in small-to-medium spaces. Sure, Khora is good and maybe ought to be tweaked but her Whipclaw is her bread and butter ability; without it she is just a mediocre CC frame.

This very much seems like a nerf to Khora to punish a small group of people who are overperforming using her, and in effect punishing everyone. This is not a good way to reduce her power roof.

1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

You spam Whipclaw. A single set mod gives you very brief invincibility every time you to. I'm sure you can get it to work if you try. Maybe use Rolling Guard as a failsafe?

I already have rolling guard in my build. I already did my testing. I recommend you to just go and try it for yourself. Maybe you will like it, but I don't.

Just now, Cerikus said:

No, because then this won't work. And that's an essential mod for her. Unless you want to kill normal starchart enemies lvl 30, but that's not the point.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Accumulating_Whipclaw

Yeah, just 3 enemies. Not half the enemies on the map at once. You can move around and slap at least 3 enemies no problem instead of standing in one place.

15 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

So any warframe becomes as good as Khora before the nerf? You have your solution then.

17 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

it is broken... No other frame can put out as much damage as she does.
Understanding the "kit"? Sure putting up a strangledome that sucks in enemies and spamming 1 is very skillfull and needs high APM... what kind of weird universum are you live in?
Dies easly? shield gating... but you kill everything before you get hit or right after you get hit... also... doesn't her 1 gives a second invincibly anyway? 

Well I was telling this will happen from months(and everyone explained to me how it will not happen and it's been like this for a long time... "told you so gif"), but...even I wasn't expecting such a huge nerf.
I'm sorry for your loss khora mains. Drink a shot, smoke something and relax. You can uninstall now.

22 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Dies easily? You're kidding right? 
Interactive? Setting a macro is interactive now?

Archived