Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP Khora

GhostRidER162

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Halonight713 said:

What do you mean

DE has a history of these kneejerk reactions to abilities/weapons that have high stat usage. It doesn't matter the context of which they are used are even if they actually powerful to begin with, fact of the matter is that if it has a high percentage on the usage chart it gets nerfed into oblivion.

DE didn't want people stockpiling steel essence so they introduced this new system to massively increase the farm but due to Khora being used to farm in the last meta it seems as though she got a nerf too, even though she isn't that great for this new meta.

Just now, Cerikus said:

alt tabbed... lmao.. i would want to see that. unless you were using a macro
otherwise you are lying :)

Can't really macro when alt-tabbed without the use of other things, nor do I have any.

It's called enemies being cced, and if she's allowed all her damage through terrain, how does a Khora have issues surviving even if shield gate wasn't added? Dome entrance, hide in corner, and there you go, permanent immunity to damage.

If anything is a lie in this thread, it's the idea she's hard to play, takes investment, or dies if she's allowed to afk in a corner killing enemies in the opposite room.

1 minute ago, Yamazuki said:

Can't really macro when alt-tabbed without the use of other things, nor do I have any.

It's called enemies being cced, and if she's allowed all her damage through terrain, how does a Khora have issues surviving even if shield gate wasn't added? Dome entrance, hide in corner, and there you go, permanent immunity to damage.

If anything is a lie in this thread, it's the idea she's hard to play, takes investment, or dies if she's allowed to afk in a corner killing enemies in the opposite room.

I actually agree with you but I still don't think it justifies the nerf to her. Frames like Baruuk, Saryn, Mesa etc still exist and can clear tilesets with ease for hours on end but haven't been touched, Khora was nerfed (Imo of course) purely because she had the highest usage in the previous steel essence farm meta, sorta like how DE looked at the usage rate of Bramma then nerfed it. Doesn't really matter how good it is or the context of which it was used, it just has a high usage rate therefore=OP must be nerfed.

DE taylor stated that the khora nerf was not ready for the test cluster. That to me says they havent actually thought about it and just threw it in to appease a certain group of forum people who cry nerf about everything.

What it lead to is that now every stairs or tiny corridor is a massive obstacle for khora. Doors aswell. I tried her in a basic exterminate on the infested ship tileset and it honestly feels awful.

4 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

seems alright since melee itself cant kill through walls, that's how spin to win got nerfed back in the day ( RIP telos boltace) and it's not gonna bring the game down, since it doesn't effect those who weren't into afk farming

have you played the change? It affects everyone. the line of sight check is actually pretty aggessive and fairly unituitive. Khora is a super squishy frame, and her method of survivability is to deal with enemies before they can engage her. making her whipclaw feel janky and often miss enemies in plain veiw makes her feel really unfun.

that's dev should just nerf things at start to avoid such crying.. lol i had my fair share of khora gameplay, you know what it does? it effects your judgement for using other frame since khora do it all while dealing millions of damage. why else would you use other frames then? afk SE farm killed the frame and don't say rubbish like "small percentage" almost everyone who even tried khora after steel path update is basically to farm essence. now all of a sudden they all are khora mains defending as if they aren't the reason it got nerfed lol

2 minutes ago, Aarrathum said:

have you played the change? It affects everyone. the line of sight check is actually pretty aggessive and fairly unituitive. Khora is a super squishy frame, and her method of survivability is to deal with enemies before they can engage her. making her whipclaw feel janky and often miss enemies in plain veiw makes her feel really unfun.

i always played with rolling guard so never had to worry about dying, used her mostly on arbitration. just roll, drop the dome for CC use her 2nd on enemy far away from done to get more CC. they you go, you got your survivability. and she is not squishy at all, seems like you never played with banshee 

47 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I would be happy if people stoped saying "her whip was broken", because it is NOT true. 

1) the cost of mods and formas for her and her statstick to get her to level we are talking about is a lot - when you put that much into any warframe it becomes strong
2) you have to understand her kit, to be able to perform that well
3) it is difficult to keep her alive when faced against high lvl enemies, she dies easily
4) she is very interactive (high APM warframe)

There are literally warframe that need only a press of a button every once in a while to do same effect or even more.

1) the same cost doesnt yield the same ROI in other cases. Particularly busted with rivens. Which she shouldnt be able to use.

2) not really.

3) abuse shield gate and cc. 

4) ah yes. Its not busted because you hit 1 a bunch.

Nerf the #*!% out of her pleasw ty.

"This" is something that should just happen to all frames at this point. Unless there is a properly justifiable reason otherwise all damaging abilities should have some degree of LoS check. While giving them a slight degree of punchthrough so weird geometry and slight corners don't completely block an entire ability.

Otherwise we're just reaching a point where an ability having an LoS check or not is completely arbitrary and random. And since it keeps getting added in then just for consistency sake it should be thrown on to most everything.

Khora deserves it for her level of spammable aoe nukes. Now if we could finally get this treatment on a couple of other more infamous frames then we'd be making some real progress.

20 minutes ago, Monochromeatic said:

DE has a history of these kneejerk reactions to abilities/weapons that have high stat usage. It doesn't matter the context of which they are used are even if they actually powerful to begin with, fact of the matter is that if it has a high percentage on the usage chart it gets nerfed into oblivion.

DE didn't want people stockpiling steel essence so they introduced this new system to massively increase the farm but due to Khora being used to farm in the last meta it seems as though she got a nerf too, even though she isn't that great for this new meta.

It really is a shame. It's not like this nerf affects her damage output in an endless farm anyway; it only affects normal use. It really is the worst kind of nerf that both impedes the average player but doesn't meaningfully address what it is trying to control.

il y a 1 minute, Dauggie a dit :

that's dev should just nerf things at start to avoid such crying.. lol i had my fair share of khora gameplay, you know what it does? it effects your judgement for using other frame since khora do it all while dealing millions of damage. why else would you use other frames then? afk SE farm killed the frame and don't say rubbish like "small percentage" almost everyone who even tried khora after steel path update is basically to farm essence. now all of a sudden they all are khora mains defending as if they aren't the reason it got nerfed lol

SE farm is gone,

it was a specific case about SP and a few gamemode only, in other case like you will use other frames.

23 minutes ago, Aarrathum said:

Khora is a super squishy frame

And this goes to show that you only know how to build for AW and nothing else.

12 minutes ago, CatNV said:

It really is a shame. It's not like this nerf affects her damage output in an endless farm anyway; it only affects normal use. It really is the worst kind of nerf that both impedes the average player but doesn't meaningfully address what it is trying to control.

This was a nice opportunity for DE to take a hint from Valkyr's Enraged augment and add the limitation to the Accumulated Whipclaw augment rather than the main ability. Augments should not be straight up buffs.

No AW? No LoS check. AW? LoS check. 

14 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I have almost 800h played on Khora. I'm afraid to even play her right now and find out how bad it is.

You just can't hit enemies through walls anymore. No more hiding around corners spamming 1.

Just don't hide. Walk around.

Apparently, its a bit of a bug regarding its targeting, in which case, it will be fixed.

I just want to give a big thank you to DE Because they've finally nerfed Khora, which a huge part of the community absolutely wanted because of her whipclaw being absolutely overpowered compared to other warframe ability 1 tools as it could do very high damage and chain between enemies without line of sight.

DE did the best thing ever-they changed Khora, but it was'nt in the test cluster/server! So nobody would know DE would do it! Unlike Ash, Atlas, Zephyr changes etc.

The change to Khora's whipclaw no longer being able to hit enemies that are not in line of sight is a welcome change, which will increase diversity of peoples choices, and give people more reason to play other warframes because of this change which is DEs goal for survival game modes.

Now all that needs to be done is a rework of Stat Stick weapons for exalted abilities so they became even more fair and balanced, we know you want to do it DE, The community will greatly appreciate it when you remove stat sticks as an ingame possibility. Also you should take away Khora's ability to heal objectives like you did in Scarlet Spear, the community wants it back desperately to improve diversity of warframe choice ingame.

What was it scot said again? that their will be no nerfs, that the revisit will focus on buff instead of nerfs. Even through idk about Khora I do care about warframe getting nerf because of the damn meta plus you went back on your word, this is why ppl get upset with you scott and your upset that Brozime is being harsh it`s because of this, then you make jokes about nerfs when it`s not funny which proves you don`t play your own game coz you would understand that we don`t like our main frame getting nerfed in to the bloody ground. 

This is why we prefer Pablo over you, he was in charge on Nezha, Oberon, Saryn, Nidus, Harrow and Protea and for the most part they are good, he plays and understands the game, you don`t and that`s why you are going to continually get ppl cussing you out. You are the one that make Ash have the awful marking mechanic to where his bs is garbage at activation speed. Nextime I don`t want to hear you moaning and groaning about ppl getting upset with you, coz you are reaping what you sow and no I'm not going to say it`s DE coz it`s you.

And watch the next devstream, I bet he`s going to make jokes about it.

I'm on console and I'm really disappointed to see my favorite frame getting nerfed on pc. I am not anticipating the next update. Khora was great at farming recourses and she was actually fun to play in comparison to the other loot frames. I know why she was nerfed, but with SE drop changes, why was the nerf still necessary? Needing line of sight for your Whipclaw will make a higher range dome very detrimental and having range on your Khora might end up being very counter productive. 

Archived