Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP Khora

GhostRidER162

Just now, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

My joke was in reference to damage. As far as damage goes, Khora far outpaces atlas due to his horrible landslide base stats 

Yes, but only because Khora’s whip does obscenely broken amounts of damage. Atlas’s 1 does a reasonable amount of damage.

I’ll concede that since you really need a riven on your stat stick for landslide to be effective in Steel Path he could use a small buff, but the game isn’t balanced around Steel Path. So I’m inclined to say his 1 is exactly where it should be, and Khora’s 1 needed to be toned down.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

You think sound should cause damage?

Sound does cause damage if it’s loud enough. 

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

No, it really doesn’t.

It doesn’t what?

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Atlas isn’t terrible.

Compared to hydroid and khora, he’s the worst option as far as farming frames go. 

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Atlas isn’t terrible.

But Khora has Atlas obsoleted in literally every regard. With exception of raw face tankiness - which is often not a factor (+Venari Bodyguard is a thing).

Better spammable power 1 (crit is just OP), doesn't require low range targeting & doesn't displace you into awkward postions (Liches cant just grab suplex you out of it

Pet that doesn't cost energy to almost do nothing most of the time, hell the healing actually does something (RIP Rumblers)

Better single Target CC,

Better AoE CC,

Hell Venari prolly does more to draw enemy fire than Tectonics ever will.

No need to bean count your silly pebbles to keep up your mechanics.

Just now, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Ah I see, and Im sorry to hear that. Its a shame “children” get so annoyed over something like this 

Fortunately, I'm in quite a healthy mindset about the slur in question, so I just reported it and moved on but yes. It's totally unacceptable. I might have been fine, but I also know that me a few years ago probably wouldn't be, and that other people are still like me back then. That people - adult people - would actively aim to hurt others over the numbers in the corner of pictures in a video game is frankly incomprehensible to me.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

You think sound should cause damage?

Banshee and Octavia both say hi.

let's be real, the entire reason they started tweaking Khora is because of the madlads going for several-hour Steel Essence farms, and it just so happens that Khora is one of, if not the most, efficient farming frame with the right build. this was kinda obvious to see coming honestly, and I'm surprised they didn't straight up nerf Strangledome - or at least the augment -  into Oblivion as well. 

Not that I'm going to stop playing Khora (she's my favorite warframe, I've been using her since she arrived) but damn, that nerf was way too brutal for the rest of the community that didn't even care about the Steel Path.

Also, sorry about my ignorance, I just came back from a 8 month hiatus. But is that the sole reason she got nerfed? That "Stat Stick" or something that was being spammed in recruit chat?

Seems like that some people were doing easy farming for this new mode and she got the nerf hammer... Isn't it a better idea to tweak the mode instead of nerfing a core ability in a frame's kit? (well, I've seen this situation happening before...)

It's a sad thing to hear (and feel in-game), I hope they reconsider and revert the changes.

What a joke, Unless players subsume another ability onto khora instead of her strangledome this is the stupidest change ive seen. Strangledome is notorious for pulling enemies into little nooks and crannies unable to be pulled into the main dome. Now you have no way of killing them unless you run to their little corner to kill them or set up a smaller range strangledome in the middle of a huge room. What a joke. Line of sight is also buggy af, Can't even hit enemies directly in front of me if they are cc'd by something into a wall and such. 

DE- What? people spent upwards of 10x forma for a good khora and stat stick to optimize this ? Nerf it.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)SouthSideSwanga said:

Compared to hydroid and khora, he’s the worst option as far as farming frames go. 

You’re right he’s not a great farming frame, sorry I was just talking about the frame in general. Sometimes I forget Atlas is even a loot frame.

8 minutes ago, Thelamaking said:

But Khora has Atlas obsoleted in literally every regard. With exception of raw face tankiness - which is often not a factor (+Venari Bodyguard is a thing).

Better spammable power 1 (crit is just OP), doesn't require low range targeting & doesn't displace you into awkward postions (Liches cant just grab suplex you out of it

Pet that doesn't cost energy to almost do nothing most of the time, hell the healing actually does something (RIP Rumblers)

Better single Target CC,

Better AoE CC,

Hell Venari prolly does more to draw enemy fire than Tectonics ever will.

No need to bean count your silly pebbles to keep up your mechanics.

All true, but I would argue this is more reasons to nerf Khora than to buff Atlas. Atlas’s 1 can still one or two shot just about anything in regular gameplay. He’s plenty strong enough as is.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Fair enough.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

let's be real, the entire reason they started tweaking Khora is because of the madlads going for several-hour Steel Essence farms, and it just so happens that Khora is one of, if not the most, efficient farming frame with the right build. this was kinda obvious to see coming honestly, and I'm surprised they didn't straight up nerf Strangledome - or at least the augment -  into Oblivion as well. 

SE farm aside, I think Khora needed to be nerfed. There are some other frames out there that need it as well, so I’m sure they targeted Khora because of her extremely high usage rate from SE farms. But it was still a good change IMO.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Having complained about SE drops on console i was informed strangledoom and augment did not affect drops. They were purely using whipclaw to clear the map as fast as possible and nothing more it was all about faster kills increasing spawn therefore drop chance. Nekros also is not in the SE arsenal because his ability doesn't affect SE

12 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Exactly. 

12 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Pilfering and desecrate abilities don’t work on se. The extra drops were mainly for energy otherwise nekros could have been on the nerf hit list.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

You’re right he’s not a great farming frame, sorry I was just talking about the frame in general. Sometimes I forget Atlas is even a loot frame.

I actually really like atlas, but his farming is so bad. I mainly use his augment for scanning new things into the codex. At least it has a use. They should increase the drop chance significantly if he kills enemies with his 1 on stone enemies. 

Just now, Jarriaga said:

It's LoS from the perspective of the whip's point of impact rather than Khora. You're too close and likely have too much range.

How can it not have line of sight if the whip is impacting on the enemy?

As soon as the duration on Strangledome expired I started doing damage to the enemy so too much range isn't the issue. 

10 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

How can it not have line of sight if the whip is impacting on the enemy?

Doesn't seem like it in your video. The point of impact is signaled by the explosion visual effect, which begins from within the wall in your video. 

10 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

As soon as the duration on Strangledome expired I started doing damage to the enemy so too much range isn't the issue. 

This does seem inconsistent. In your video I'd expect the same behavior after SD ends (Still no damage) because you're aiming at the same spot and haven't moved.

3 hours ago, AltairFerenc said:

you must be new here... nerfs come and go(JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER FRICKING ONLINE GAME), reworks come and go, khora's whip was incredibly broken and still is, it needed to happen.

LMFAO. I don't think you have EVER used khora on the Steel path. Khora's whiplcaw was NOT broken. She NEEDED that damage to survive because she has NO defensive abilities NO extra health NO extra shields NO extra armor.

We are talking about STEEL PATH HERE, where an enemy can ONESHOT a 10k INAROS. 

And for khora to be "broken" it would require ALOT of forma ALOT of high level mods and a VERY SPECIFIC stat stick. You probably have no idea how difficult it is to get all of that, ESPECIALLY the stat stick.

Make sure you UNDERSTAND a warframe before spewing your public opinion on one.

EDIT: I mentioned 10k inaros to show that if he can get oneshot -ed so can khora. Inaros is a terrible frame for sp

Archived