Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP Khora

GhostRidER162

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

What

oh lol my mistake its been a while since ive used her i always assumed her weapons were stronger due to the better crit and status mods for archwing weapons
but looking at the stats now them just fast and slashy af

2 hours ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Yes, but only because Khora’s whip does obscenely broken amounts of damage. Atlas’s 1 does a reasonable amount of damage.

I’ll concede that since you really need a riven on your stat stick for landslide to be effective in Steel Path he could use a small buff, but the game isn’t balanced around Steel Path. So I’m inclined to say his 1 is exactly where it should be, and Khora’s 1 needed to be toned down.

Id say khora strengths dont come from its base damage (which is lower then landslide afaik) but the fact that khora crit and status values are 5x higher then atlas at base. This issue is further compounded by accumulating whipclaw 

1 hour ago, (PSN)GOTWIC said:

LMFAO. I don't think you have EVER used khora on the Steel path. Khora's whiplcaw was NOT broken. She NEEDED that damage to survive because she has NO defensive abilities NO extra health NO extra shields NO extra armor.

We are talking about STEEL PATH HERE, where an enemy can ONESHOT a 10k INAROS. 

And for khora to be "broken" it would require ALOT of forma ALOT of high level mods and a VERY SPECIFIC stat stick. You probably have no idea how difficult it is to get all of that, ESPECIALLY the stat stick.

Make sure you UNDERSTAND a warframe before spewing your public opinion on one.

EDIT: I mentioned 10k inaros to show that if he can get oneshot -ed so can khora. Inaros is a terrible frame for sp

soooooo you khora guys did the same min maxing as every exalted frame playid did? wow so much invesment you did there...
and yeah it was broken 1shotting high level steel path enemies is broken...
And don't come to with dieing I'm playing nyx and banshee on steel path I die more times a day than you died with khora since she was released...

also you can't get 1shot with khora because of shield gating inaros ofc gonna die since he does't have shields...
and no defensive abilites? wath strangledome is then? disableing enemies from MOVING is not defensive? Also she was nerfed for AFK FARMING ON THE STEEL PATH that's more than enough reasons for it to happen...

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You mean Revenant. In terms of frames that can take hits and survive, Mesmer skin is the strongest. This is disregarding invisibility as a survival mechanic, obviously several frames can do that and be invulnerable. Rhino with Iron skin loading to millions of EHP is indeed strong but still not as good revenant pressing 2 to ignore all damage.

Be careful ablut mentioning revenant in positive context!! Gears is just around the corner at all times to dispute that <_<

>_>

<_<

Apart from the nerf itself, I take massive issue with how DE have gone about implementing it in light of the recent test cluster. It's shady to not have included it in the test cluster and to have snuck it in without any reasoning. 

The manner in which DE has conducted themselves in the past several updates has been markedly shady, avoidant, and saddening. I don't know how it is for PC or PS4, but I've noticed a significant increase in dissatisfaction towards DE by anyone who has played the game enough to be considered well experienced.

The amount of friends and acquaitances I've met in game that I've seen take indefinite breaks or straight up leave the game for good by dissolving their Warframes, Weapons and Rivens to avoid returning due to sunk cost fallacy is absurd, and quite frankly I understand why they have. 

Just now, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

The problem with that is that it doesnt seem to matter in SP. Shield gating doesn't save her like you think it does, and when that wears off, its game over with a painful one shot.

Except that's easy to fix even with a whip nerf, just bring a strong slash melee like Kronen and the kills will boost the recharge time of Venari bodyguard. 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Oh...I don't use that augment. Had no clue that's something I was missing. 

Yeh so basically it starts at 150 seconds cooldown after dying instead of you. For every enemy killed that decreases by 4 seconds. So you can imagine how fast you can resurrect Venari again and have her take the 1 shot for you. If you add in Rolling Guard and Shield gating to that recipe it becomes pretty hard to die as long as you keep your KPS(kills per second) up. Not to mention the added protection of Strangledome, really she only struggles vs nullifiers if you're not wary. Everything else is CC'd.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Ash’s weapons arent even technically exalted, just signature. Same with garuda

Ashe's weapons are what you would call pseudo exalted similar to Atlas and Khora as they are still affected by stat sticks without the ability to be modded  individually 
Garuda's talons I understand tho but they were still treated like exalted weapons (unable to use former acolyte mods) until quite recently yet they are still outclassed by some normal non-exalted claws anyways so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Yeh so basically it starts at 150 seconds cooldown after dying instead of you. For every enemy killed that decreases by 4 seconds. So you can imagine how fast you can resurrect Venari again and have her take the 1 shot for you.

Okay see now that sounds really useful, I wish I knew about that sooner! 

52 minutes ago, nslay said:

Yes yes, please continue to think Khora is dead! Let the popularity die!

I don't mean to sound like a jerk... but the players complaining don't seem to really play Khora much. They ask for nerfs to Whipclaw because "it can penetrate objects/walls and stuff"... but anyone who actually plays Khora knows that Khora's Whipclaw doesn't always penetrate objects/walls and they further know that Strangledome is the secret sauce to spreading the damage. DE should not listen to these players who post a knee jerk reaction solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

So what we got in this patch is essentially a no-op to Khora. Behold... my ESO performance has not changed in this patch.

Spoiler

7CqXMnM.jpg

Spoiler

QhhdskO.jpg

This change has had zero effect on my performance. None. Zilch. Nada. Naught.

And I'm still able to spread damage beyond walls and obstacles... through Strangledome (which Khora nerf requesters are seemingly unaware of... probably because they don't actually understand the Warframe they're asking to nerf). Look!

Spoiler

NHhVhN9.jpg

In summary, DE should ignore knee jerk reaction solutions from non-Khora players. It's hard to ignore the bias from enthusiastic Khora players... but the problem is Strangledome doesn't have LoS. Not Whipclaw. Noble change DE... you listened to the wrong people (the people who don't actually play or understand Khora). Please don't listen to non-Khora players requesting nerfs to the Khora in ways that don't solve the actual problems.

Or alternatively ... you know... get rid of Rivens on stat sticks. That would go a long way and keep Khora as a good option for ESO  where there are usually lots of obstacles and walls.

6 minutes ago, HelNite said:

Ashe's weapons are what you would call pseudo exalted similar to Atlas and Khora as they are still affected by stat sticks without the ability to be modded  individually 
Garuda's talons I understand tho but they were still treated like exalted weapons (unable to use former acolyte mods) until quite recently yet they are still outclassed by some normal non-exalted claws anyways so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Afaik the only stats that affect ash’s weapons are combo multiplier and attack speed tho <_<

15 minutes ago, nslay said:

I don't mean to sound like a jerk... but the players complaining don't seem to really play Khora much. They ask for nerfs to Whipclaw because "it can penetrate objects/walls and stuff"... but anyone who actually plays Khora knows that Khora's Whipclaw doesn't always penetrate objects/walls and they further know that Strangledome is the secret sauce to spreading the damage. DE should not listen to these players who post a knee jerk reaction solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

So what we got in this patch is essentially a no-op to Khora. Behold... my ESO performance has not changed in this patch.

Reveal hidden contents

7CqXMnM.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

QhhdskO.jpg

This change has had zero effect on my performance. None. Zilch. Nada. Naught.

And I'm still able to spread damage beyond walls and obstacles... through Strangledome (which Khora nerf requesters are seemingly unaware of... probably because they don't actually understand the Warframe they're asking to nerf). Look!

Reveal hidden contents

NHhVhN9.jpg

In summary, DE should ignore knee jerk reaction solutions from non-Khora players. It's hard to ignore the bias from enthusiastic Khora players... but the problem is Strangledome doesn't have LoS. Not Whipclaw. Noble change DE... you listened to the wrong people (the people who don't actually play or understand Khora). Please don't listen to non-Khora players requesting nerfs to the Khora in ways that don't solve the actual problems.

Or alternatively ... you know... get rid of Rivens on stat sticks. That would go a long way and keep Khora as a good option for ESO  where there are usually lots of obstacles and walls.

Hold up...you're telling me that Khora's whipclaw isn't affected by LoS anymore, but it still works fine with strangeldome? What, were people running around spamming just whipclaw or something? That hardly sounds like a nerf considering you use Khora for her 4 and 1 synergy. That's the idea from the beginning right?

1 minute ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Hold up...you're telling me that Khora's whipclaw isn't affected by LoS anymore, but it still works fine with strangeldome? What, were people running around spamming just whipclaw or something? That hardly sounds like a nerf considering you use Khora for her 4 and 1 synergy. That's the idea from the beginning right?

Yep. Most forum posts about Khora nerfs are all directed at Whipclaw and its mythical ability to penetrate walls and obstacles (it's tile-dependent, but Whipclaw generally doesn't penetrate walls/obstacles before this change!). This change has no practical effect on Khora.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Pretty much, did people just spam 1? Like... really?

Archived