Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP Khora

GhostRidER162

4 hours ago, (PSN)Halonight713 said:

They apparently didnt put this in the patch notes, but now they did.

It was in the patch notes on launch, they didn't sneak it in later

5 hours ago, Cerikus said:

When her whip strikes, the aoe has a line of sight check. 
In practice - if you are in a closed area with a lot of geometry, her whip randomly doesn't hit anyone, or only a few enemies. 
Strangle dome still functions as it was, but it is much more difficult to hit more enemies at the same time (less dmg) 

So I'm confused, does this effect Strangledome or not? Your comment says it both does and doesn't. Does this nerf also effect Strangledome, or does it only apply to Whipclaw without the dome?

Just now, Kaotyke said:

So, continuing the train of thought then? Don't think it strange, because I've seen it happen. One dude arguing with himself here, making counterpoints and disagreeing  for their previous posts.

Yeah. The first post is sarcastic... because this change doesn't do anything to fix any Khora problems.

Honestly, I think just disallowing Rivens in stat sticks will already shoe away all the annoying Khora crybabies. I personally like Strangledome being able to grab enemies through walls and floors because it would be harder to be successful in ESO with all those map tiles with lots of floors and walls (especially Kuva Fortress tiles! Yuck!).

I don't care and I will continue to not care.

S#&$ gets nerfed sometimes. That's why you don't rely on a specific build so much that nerfing it will cause a big problem for you.

I usually only bother with frames and weapons that seem to work as intended. 

It's pretty obvious that Khora was used just to cheese steel path. 

And don't come at me with the "but that frame exists" argument. It never held any water.

1 minute ago, nslay said:

Yeah. The first post is sarcastic... because this change doesn't do anything to fix any Khora problems.

Honestly, I think just disallowing Rivens in stat sticks will already shoe away all the annoying Khora crybabies. I personally like Strangledome being able to grab enemies through walls and floors because it would be harder to be successful in ESO with all those map tiles with lots of floors and walls (especially Kuva Fortress tiles! Yuck!).

Even without a Riven I'd still deal 1.2M DPS. Rivens double or triple your damage at best, but other parts of her build will do the same or much more. Just having a 12x Combo Counter gives you a 3.75x damage multiplier. Accumulating Whipclaw is a ~4.5x damage multiplier, assuming you keep your Strength around 100%. On my build Blood Rush alone is about a 2.2x multiplier. Meanwhile my (admittedly nerfed) D/CD/E/- Riven is only a ~1.875x multiplier.

Khora's damage numbers aren't what makes her overpowered, plenty of frames and weapons can make big scary numbers or kill enemies fast. Banshee's Sonar has been able to cause int overflows since forever. Khora is overpowered because she can deal that high damage equally to everyone in range, which she'll still be able to do with line-of-sight checks. It's just that an active playstyle where you rely on Whipclaw is going to be much less reliable and consistent because of random bits of geometry preventing enemies from being hit. Ironically, all adding LoS does is make spamming Whipclaw more important because LoS on geometry doesn't matter if you just shoot more often. And it makes static sewer-camping gameplay more desirable because Strangledome doesn't have the same LoS check and can still spread Whipclaw's damage around.

All Whipclaw needed was a damage falloff like any other explosive. LoS checks are the wrong way to nerf her.

4 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Even without a Riven I'd still deal 1.2M DPS. Rivens double or triple your damage at best, but other parts of her build will do the same or much more. Just having a 12x Combo Counter gives you a 3.75x damage multiplier. Accumulating Whipclaw is a ~4.5x damage multiplier, assuming you keep your Strength around 100%. On my build Blood Rush alone is about a 2.2x multiplier. Meanwhile my (admittedly nerfed) D/CD/E/- Riven is only a ~1.875x multiplier.

Khora's damage numbers aren't what makes her overpowered, plenty of frames and weapons can make big scary numbers or kill enemies fast. Banshee's Sonar has been able to cause int overflows since forever. Khora is overpowered because she can deal that high damage equally to everyone in range, which she'll still be able to do with line-of-sight checks. It's just that an active playstyle where you rely on Whipclaw is going to be much less reliable and consistent because of random bits of geometry preventing enemies from being hit. Ironically, all adding LoS does is make spamming Whipclaw more important because LoS on geometry doesn't matter if you just shoot more often. And it makes static sewer-camping gameplay more desirable because Strangledome doesn't have the same LoS check and can still spread Whipclaw's damage around.

All Whipclaw needed was a damage falloff like any other explosive. LoS checks are the wrong way to nerf her.

I don't deal 1.2M damage with a Rakta Dark Dagger. I don't use a Riven. We're both using the same Whipclaw pseudo weapon.

EDIT: Yeah, go see the red numbers in my screenshot. That's against Grineer with a full Accumulating Whipclaw buff. Basically, you're exaggerating your damage. It's not true.

Forums going on a temper tantrum for a very specific build for a single frame, using same ol excuse "I spent time and plat" to defend it.
Known cry baby content creator inciting fury and calling his audience to rant in the forums on purpose.

Seems like a normal day at the Warframe Forums to me. By now, you should know that hugging onto something for too long, will result only in disappointment when it gets adjusted, nerfed, or changed.

But hey, i forget we have 43 other warframes without counting their primes, all able to do Steel Path with the right build, over 200 different weapons to try out. But the word "Variety" does not exist in the vocabulary of this people who hug onto 1 specific warframe, 1 specific primary, secondary and melee, 1 specific build, and then call it a nerf and throw a temper tantrum when it does not work as they want it to work.

On a personal note, people are calling this Steel Essence nerf, but to me? is not. Matter of fact, is easier and less tiring to get. It is only a nerf for the minority who is used to farming 8+ hours. Not everyone wants or is able to do that.

5 hours ago, AltairFerenc said:

you must be new here... nerfs come and go(JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER FRICKING ONLINE GAME), reworks come and go, khora's whip was incredibly broken and still is, it needed to happen.

The difference is that in most other games it doesnt cost you money to upgrade your gear like it does in warframe through formas & capacitors/reactors.

Thats the difference.

55 minutes ago, Erocss said:

DE, why are you so disconnected from your own game and player base? Oh yeah, Tencent... I was going to get the Octavia Prime bundle. Not anymore.

Why do these people always act as if them not buying something from warframe will affect De at all? Unless the whole community stops supporting warframe your refusal to buy anything is meaningless and worthless.

Just now, (XBOX)SwiftBMF said:

Which wouldnt be so bad if practically all the tile sets wernt tight corridors & small rooms.

You have Bullet Jump. You are faster than any enemy in the room. You have Operator in Void mode is invulnerable, and can traverse a room through enemies quite fast. Khora has Ensnare, a tool she can use to group enemies to bring them on her line of sight.

People are just ranting over 1 way to use khora. Like i said, Variety does not exist in their vocabulary. There are other frames to use, other weapons to use. Is not the end of the world.

Archived