Post here how you are dealing with the Salt in the forums

I'm cross legged, I currently have 2 of my cats sitting on my lap, they are more or less competing for space, the 3rd is on the table is looking at them and at me, going back and forth. Their mother is laying down on a nearby chair.

... god damnit, my leg is starting to get numb.

• Like 2

ATM I've got my cats with me too. One next to me, and the other asleep in her bed.

As for the salt, musing on the strangely prophetic words of Teshin:

"Some believe the Kuva within is the blood of the Orokin Ancestors. An elixir of power... of immortality. Others believe it to be a poison, a corrupting oil that brings madness and evil."

I mean, really, 90% of this salt comes down to Kuva.

• Like 1

Eating a late dinner after work, relaxing and stirring the pot a lil... :D
Thank god I don't care about kuva, rivens etc in this far too easy game that doesn't require either.

Edit: Now you've made me want a cat :(

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
1 minute ago, kgabor said:

There's salt on the forum?

Wasn't checking it lately, guess this answers your question.

But if you're referring to how they made Steel Path farming pointless, that salt is justified.

Nop. The filthy casul in me is happy.

• Like 4

Currently? By alternating between playing Warframe, watching random stuff that YT sends my way, and going through the new Hyrule Warriors game.

I'm not really one to let community salt get in the way of... anything, really.

Laughing my ass off mostly.

In between the laughter is some existential horror with how badly humanity as a species is sliding down the learning curve and becoming more obsessive with petty nonsense and hollow platitudes to make themselves feel better about their own morality despite they themselves not likely being as good of a person they think they are.

But mostly laughing.

What salt? 

Seems about the same as it's always been. 

Which begs the question of why some people insist on staying around when they obviously aren't having fun anymore. 

Regardless of That Guy and his ilk, this sort of thing isn't new and is pretty universal in gaming. 

Just another day in the forums. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sloan441 said:

What salt? 

Seems about the same as it's always been. 

Which begs the question of why some people insist on staying around when they obviously aren't having fun anymore. 

Regardless of That Guy and his ilk, this sort of thing isn't new and is pretty universal in gaming. 

Just another day in the forums. 

There was for like a day or so after Arcana dropped. It's died down now though.

18 hours ago, Aldain said:

Laughing my ass off mostly.

In between the laughter is some existential horror with how badly humanity as a species is sliding down the learning curve and becoming more obsessive with petty nonsense and hollow platitudes to make themselves feel better about their own morality despite they themselves not likely being as good of a person they think they are.

But mostly laughing.

Careful bro, that's the first or second step to being (sigh) 'blackpilled' and becoming an edgelord/weird jerk.

6 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Careful bro, that's the first or second step to being (sigh) 'blackpilled' and becoming an edgelord/weird jerk.

"Huh, wonder what that means. Oh, what the FU"

~Me, about ten seconds ago when I googled this.

Edited by Loza03

There's an old saying passed on from generation to generation: 

"If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all".

All good parents teach that to their kids, in one way or another. So if you see "salt" on the forums and you weren't the one typing it, be glad, as its a reminder that you had good parents. And pity those who didn't.

Another old saying is just as relevant and appropriate, and good to remind oneself of before even entering a thread:

"Wise men speak because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something".

43 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I'll take that to heart.

Though many issues do exist, the good that is in the world is worth fighting for, that much I remain certain of, so don't worry I'm not completely in that "nothing is good anymore" camp.

Much like LPW, there's always a light to be found in the most unexpected of places.

1 hour ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

-Snip-

Both of those idioms seem very skewed toward maintaining the status quo. If there is something wrong (talking in a general sense here, not regarding Warframe specifically), surely it begets at least mentioning lest we allow people to suffer in silence?

Edited by Corvid
39 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Both of those idioms seem very skewed toward maintaining the status quo. If there is something wrong (talking in a general sense here, not regarding Warframe specifically), surely it begets at least mentioning lest we allow people to suffer in silence?

It would only be skewered for those with a skewered definition/view of "nice". There's 0% grey-area to that. Acts such as providing Constructive Criticism, Feedback, and raising Concerns, couldn't possibly be considered "Salt". As long as they are by definition, the aforementioned 3.  As game devs of all games usually welcome the 3, as DE does, they would fall into the category of "nice", as they are intended as helpful. The key there though is "by definition". An angry rant with no proposed solution is not Constructive Criticism, insulting the Game or devs is not Feedback. Definitions lost to a lot. 

That's not what this thread is about however. Its about how everyone handles "Salt" threads or posts, which by loose definition would be Non-Constructive, offer bare minimum Feedback, and are a fools way of raising a Concern, as they tend to type out the 1st thing that lands between their eyes rather than take a deep breath and organize the thought into something helpful. By actual definition of the slang term it means irritated, angry or hostile. 3 terms you'd rarely see used to describe someone helpful's mood. Usually categorized as a "Knee-Jerk Reaction". The difference however lies between those who would hold onto that initial reaction longer than they should, thus leading them to seek less answers in exchange for more affirmation from their peers to solidify their stance, and those willing to let their initial thought settle down and who understand that as none of us are omnipotent, none of us have the required view of (X) detail, and are willing to wait to see another view.

Hope that clarifies things

• Like 1
1 minute ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

It would only be skewered for those with a skewered definition/view of "nice". There's 0% grey-area to that. Acts such as providing Constructive Criticism, Feedback, and raising Concerns, couldn't possibly be considered "Salt". As long as they are by definition, the aforementioned 3.  As game devs of all games usually welcome the 3, as DE does, they would fall into the category of "nice",

1: It's "Skewed", not "Skewered".

2: You do realise that "Nice" and "Salt" are not the only two options, right? It's possible to make constructive criticism without being either.

• Like 1