Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested: Ancient Disruptors.

Joezone619

Something that's always bothered me is how they just drink all your energy away in 1 simple grab, The main problem i think though, isn't that they take the energy, its that you cant get it back. and when playing an infested mission at higher levels, or for a longer period of time, you start seeing way to many disruptors.

So i think there are a few things DE can do to help this.

A) Make the disruptor dying give you your energy back.

B) Make them stay hooked to you, and slowly drain the energy similar to parasitic eximus.

C) Limit how often you can have your energy grabbed away to something like once every 30 seconds

Either one of these being done would be fine with me.

• 1 month later...

I just hope they do some sort of rework, the fact they can just drink all your energy, and that they spawn on mass after a certain point, just needs to change.

Personally, i think A would be the lowest effort approach, B would be the funnest approach, and C would be the best approach (mechanically speaking)

Each faction needs a way to deal with are OP powers. Corpus have one infested have kind of this, Grineer stay CCed/dead from them with no real way to fight back. Is the infested version annoying?  ya, but the weakest faction needs something.

If we make this easy do we swap in those face huggers from the new world to take its place?

8 hours ago, BDMblue said:

Each faction needs a way to deal with are OP powers. Corpus have one infested have kind of this, Grineer stay CCed/dead from them with no real way to fight back. Is the infested version annoying?  ya, but the weakest faction needs something.

If we make this easy do we swap in those face huggers from the new world to take its place?

the problem isn't that they drain the energy, its they there is no way to get any of it back.

I had a similar thought like your point A today as I was playing Arbitration.

I wanted A but there are more than 1 eximus doing the leech process, implementing A would be a big process as DE already doesn't have time fix the existing problems. maybe and C can be implemented. 

Since leeches suck energy highlight them in Blue like in energy orb color.

10 hours ago, BDMblue said:

Disruptors already give Warframe ability resistance, so they have means to fight against abilities. That and the 5 leech eximus you can't see. Disruptors give 90% DR to damage from abilities, and a 75% reduction to duration based abilities that affect them. The reduction to duration based abilities can stack as well. 2 Disruptor auras means you abilities only last for 6.25% of their original duration when cast on them. The energy drain is just the cherry on the top and is so irritating because of

1. Ranged attacks
  2. Not being based on the damage you actually take, but how much damage the enemy attack does before anything else is accounted for.
  3. Too high of a drain rate

5 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Disruptors already give Warframe ability resistance, so they have means to fight against abilities. That and the 5 leech eximus you can't see. Disruptors give 90% DR to damage from abilities, and a 75% reduction to duration based abilities that affect them. The reduction to duration based abilities can stack as well. 2 Disruptor auras means you abilities only last for 6.25% of their original duration when cast on them. The energy drain is just the cherry on the top and is so irritating because of

1. Ranged attacks
  2. Not being based on the damage you actually take, but how much damage the enemy attack does before anything else is accounted for.
  3. Too high of a drain rate

Your actually missing one behavior that disruptors grant to other infested they also give them energy drain on hit same way toxic ancients give toxic damage on hit to other infested. The reason the drain rate is so high is because the drain is just a mag status effect and that status effect hasn't been reviewed since it was added. 

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

Your actually missing one behavior that disruptors grant to other infested they also give them energy drain on hit same way toxic ancients give toxic damage on hit to other infested. The reason the drain rate is so high is because the drain is just a mag status effect and that status effect hasn't been reviewed since it was added. 

No it’s not a magnetic status effect. They can do that, but the energy drain is not tied to it. It high because infested got a 3x damage buff and the drain rate wasn’t toned down to adjust for it. 

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

No it’s not a magnetic status effect. They can do that, but the energy drain is not tied to it. It high because infested got a 3x damage buff and the drain rate wasn’t toned down to adjust for it. 

sorry I was unclear, they give energy drain to other infested but the Ancient Disruptors energy drain attack is a magnetic proc.

Archived