Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Request] Corpus Railgun

Vaskadar

Do want.

Corpus Railgun for Sniping.  Corpus Plasma Gun/Pulse Rifle for assault play. Corpus Plasma Pistol for duration side arm.

Would prefer the Plasma Pistol to have unlimited reserves and a high rate of fire but be wildly inaccurate.  Plasma Gun/Pulse Rifle would be slightly more accurate (firing in a fair sized cone), best used in medium to shorter ranges.  Railgun would be like the Paris and Snipetron having a kid, slight charge time for each shot, but massive penetration and armor negation.

Do want.

Corpus Railgun for Sniping.  Corpus Plasma Gun/Pulse Rifle for assault play. Corpus Plasma Pistol for duration side arm.

Would prefer the Plasma Pistol to have unlimited reserves and a high rate of fire but be wildly inaccurate.  Plasma Gun/Pulse Rifle would be slightly more accurate (firing in a fair sized cone), best used in medium to shorter ranges.  Railgun would be like the Paris and Snipetron having a kid, slight charge time for each shot, but massive penetration and armor negation.

Yeah, like I suggested - auto-charge upon taking out or shooting, with ability to shoot prematurely. (though why would you want that ;) )

Yeah, like I suggested - auto-charge upon taking out or shooting, with ability to shoot prematurely. (though why would you want that ;) )

Nah, strip the option to shoot prematurely.  Otherwise its just the long rifle version of Paris.  Need to differentiate it.

Nah, strip the option to shoot prematurely.  Otherwise its just the long rifle version of Paris.  Need to differentiate it.

True. Although I would guess the loud 'boom' it would shoot with would be quite differentiating as is. I wonder if meleeing should drop the charge, though.

Javelin was, in essence, a railgun. Used ferromagnetic fluids though instead of a sabot.

It could be a gauss gun. In essence, it was a high-pressure pump, actually, using mass effect for the extreme acceleration.

Ferrofluid wouldn't quite work with rails.

Currently, we only have two snipers, and I often wonder while playing, why only the Snipetron and Paris? I think a wall-piercing railgun is in order. Perhaps with inherent puncture properties, but a charge-up time and a fairly slow firing rate. I'm sure that this has already been suggested, but I feel that it would be a good functional complement to the current snipetron, which has a moderate firing rate.

Damage: 150

Puncture: 4.0 Meters

Charge Time: 0.6s

Magazine Size: 2

Reload Time: 2.0 seconds

Fire Rate: 0.8

Special Property

X-Ray Vision Scope?

JzaLAgQ.jpg

Doodle is meant to reflect corpus design of highly angular weaponry.

Another weapon to look at:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/24759-weapon-request-charged-shot-corpus-pulse-pistol/

Great idea

Ahh a railgun, doesnt get more sci-fi than that ;)

Except that railguns aren't sci-fi stuff anymore...

As for the idea itself...I like the concept but it seems to be a bit too powerful statswise.

Edited by bakaxy