Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Essence NOW!

S0NGA

I didn't like honestly, not because I dislike endurance, but because to have some progress you needed to stay just too long. A system where the accolytes spawn more often or if their SE scales until a cap I think it should be the way to aliviate the pain, but I don't expect to see those values of SE farm any more in the game.

About Khora, I honestly don't understand why it never had LoS and I don't think using other frames abilities as an argument* should apply on the same manner... But I also, as I've said I don't know if here or other topic), that I genuinelly want a similar treatment to almsot everything everything that go through walls... Butsome useres claim that the whole LoS system is buggy and broken. So, be prepared to see more changes on Khora.

8 hours ago, vanaukas said:

I didn't like honestly, not because I dislike endurance, but because to have some progress you need to stay just too long. A system where the accolytes spawn more often or if their SE scales until a cap I think it should be the way to aliviate the pain, but I don't expect to see those values of SE farm any more in the game.

About Khora, I honestly don't understand why it never had LoS and I don't think using other frames abilities should apply on the same manner... But I also, as I've said I don't know if here or other topic), that I genuinelly want a similar treatment to almsot everything everything that go through walls... Butsome useres claim that the whole LoS system is buggy and broken. So, be prepared to see more changes on Khora.

If you're gonna talk about LoS tho, why her dome goes through walls and her whip doesnt? Khora is unplayable right now. At least in smaller maps with no open spaces.
Instead of pleasure you get frustration. Had 5+ enemys in front of me and couldnt kill them untill dome was off or i recast it. Why sneaky nerf it, and why was it done so poorly. Ofc they knew we would not be appreciating that.

I think when something is wrong we should discuss it.
But honestly i don't see how this patch couldve been a good thing as some say. Whats the positives, whats the negatives?

I like the addition of the acolytes but its insignificant with all the other bad things that happened. 

Just now, AlfredoLindu said:

If you're gonna talk about LoS tho, why her dome goes through walls and her whip doesnt? Khora is unplayable right now. At least in smaller maps with no open spaces.
Instead of pleasure you get frustration. Had 5+ enemys in front of me and couldnt kill them untill dome was off or i recast it. Why sneaky nerf it, and why was it done so poorly. Ofc they knew we would not be appreciating that.

I think when something is wrong we should discuss it.
But honestly i don't see how this patch couldve been a good thing as some say. Whats the positives, whats the negatives?

I like the addition of the acolytes but its insignificant with all the other bad things that happened. 

I also have a lots of issues with Khora. Like, why her dome can't be despawned manually? Why it doesn't get affected by nullfiers? And I would love to have answers just like you, but we still have to wait... 

I think this update bringed a lot of good and bad stuff honestly, and also think Khora users needs to cool off a little and bring a lot of good feedback to see how things develops. I don't know what are their intentions on design with ther, but I do hope users have a proper and deeper explanation rather than just 2 lines. I'll keep brining the "venari healing fix" here because that change was also poorly recieved because it was also added on the same fashion as this change. That controvery efectivelly oepened the door for better healing system, now a lot of frames can heal defense objectives. Don't be discouraged to post feedback, DO IT! But htey won't take you serious if you act like that youtuber or just disrespectful, a good feedback can do wonders...

9 hours ago, Kaiga said:

real housewives of atlanta GIF

On another note, you had months... almost a year to do exactly that with khora/speedva odin farms. Most people i know saw this coming from DE and loaded up before the nerf, and are sitting on banks of 500+ steel essence while finding a better kuva farm.

500+ steel essence, oh boy, that's a lot!!! Massive sarcasm if you didn't notice.

Until we see the Umbra Froma in the store as an permanent choice and make the price around 10-20 per. Steel Path is not worth it.

You kown what the funny thing is?, I never even bothered with this gamemode, until they put something wroth it, but nope, taken right away from us before we even had the chance.

12 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

You kown what the funny thing is?, I never even bothered with this gamemode, until they put something wroth it, but nope, taken right away from us before we even had the chance.

So basically you're saying that you force yourself to play a game you don't enjoy for the rewards. Sounds a bit silly really.

13 hours ago, S0NGA said:

"...because at present time, people feel forced to play extremely long macro-based runs to optimize their runs."
I'd like to know who said it to you or what made you think this way?!?!?!

first - so far (before update), all prices seemed very fair and...

second -
I never felt obliged to feel forced to play extremely long macro-based runs to optimize my runs...
warframe is a grind/farm game, and that's exactly what I like to do...
I love to spend an hour playing a mission, with my friends and earning my Steel Essences!!
I never felt tired or that I was doing anything other than what I really should be doing...

to be honest, now i really feel that way, because i will REALLY have to do a lot more things than before, now a umbra forma costs 150 essences and I can only get this number in a much longer time than before!
not only a longer time, but more missions to acquire the amount needed to compare this forma.
now, i will really feel obliged to feel forced to play extremely long macro-based runs to optimize my runs.

I'd also like to comment that I think that Steel Path is a challenge for those who already have some "time at home" and a lot of experience...
and I don't see any reason to make it easier for those who are starting now and don't even have half the time and experience that I have...
BUT, I won't talk about it... because I know a lot of people will hate me for it!!  ;P

Sounds like you havent played SP since the changes since what you say is wrong, unless all you did previously was camp Odin.

All other missions types are about 2x as awarding as previously over the same amount of time, especially since you specify that you liked spending an hour playing a mission with friends. If your aim is the 60 minute mark you will see a massive increase everywhere except in Odin and it doesnt matter which frame you bring either since killing is no longer the most important part.

60-70 minutes pre patch unboosted but with smeeta = around 15 essence depending on smeeta luck.

60-70 minutes with acolytes unboosted and without smeeta = 24, 26 or 28 essence depending on if you go 60, 65 or 70 minutes.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Sounds like you havent played SP since the changes since what you say is wrong, unless all you did previously was camp Odin.

All other missions types are about 2x as awarding as previously over the same amount of time, especially since you specify that you liked spending an hour playing a mission with friends. If your aim is the 60 minute mark you will see a massive increase everywhere except in Odin and it doesnt matter which frame you bring either since killing is no longer the most important part.

60-70 minutes pre patch unboosted but with smeeta = around 15 essence depending on smeeta luck.

60-70 minutes with acolytes unboosted and without smeeta = 24, 26 or 28 essence depending on if you go 60, 65 or 70 minutes.

This needs to be reiterated again and again and again until people understand it. TYFYS.

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I dont know, why when someone can understand some strategy and apply it in gameplay, it is considered wrong or it is camper or something else!!!
In this case I realized that the more I kill, the more enemies will appear to be killed as well and consequently, the greater the number of mobs that drop what I want...
It seems obvious to me and I will make it happen...
and adding that to the fact that I like to stay there for a long time, killing everything that moves (and this is a lot of fun, guys), I will reach my goal.

I will repeat for you, what I said here before:

"I agree with your point of view!
I think your comment on quantities is pertinent and I believe that there will be some adjustment soon...
we were doing 1h/1h30 mission, which gave us 120 to 180 essences (maybe, even more with the help of kavat).
maybe, previously the value was very high, but now, it is very low."

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

This sounds like DE again, did something wrong (maybe bug), in that place... and maybe that really happened!!

I will say something obvious, that I realized right at the beginning:
If the idea is to kill many eximus mobs, I will do it in infested, because there, they have a lot...
however, that is not what happened!!! (another kind of bug?! I dont know!!)

In survivals, the amount was smaller and could be the same now, with the same process that was previously and not with acolites.
I agree with following; if there was something wrong with ODiN, just fix the error!!!

please, I'd like that U just understand, that this is just my opinion...
I am not the owner of the truth and I am not saying that it should really be like that, ok!

this is a forum exactly so we can reconcile ideas and make the most of the game, preferably for everyone!  ;)

(let me know if something was not clear to you, unfortunately my english is not very accurate)

1 hour ago, S0NGA said:

I dont know, why when someone can understand some strategy and apply it in gameplay, it is considered wrong or it is camper or something else!!!
In this case I realized that the more I kill, the more enemies will appear to be killed as well and consequently, the greater the number of mobs that drop what I want...
It seems obvious to me and I will make it happen...
and adding that to the fact that I like to stay there for a long time, killing everything that moves (and this is a lot of fun, guys), I will reach my goal.

I will repeat for you, what I said here before:

"I agree with your point of view!
I think your comment on quantities is pertinent and I believe that there will be some adjustment soon...
we were doing 1h/1h30 mission, which gave us 120 to 180 essences (maybe, even more with the help of kavat).
maybe, previously the value was very high, but now, it is very low."

I really don't understand your problem mate, they are releasing 1 umbra forma per 8 weeks, you have 8 weeks to get 150 essence... Pretty easy task. And guess what you still have the option of doing Survival missions with your friends to do this. For kuva? You have the previous options that we all used for ages and still managed to get a ton of kuva from, if you enjoy playing long missions this isn't a problem for you. I also disagree with your earlier statement of Steel Path being challenging. It isn't, if it was, I'd actually enjoy staying longer in missions regardless of rewards. Currently the greatest challenge it offers is trying to stay awake. So what exactly is your issue other than the fact it will take you longer to get your rewards? Considering you enjoy staying in missions a long time, how is that a problem? Is it perhaps that you DON'T actually enjoy the missions unless you're earning rewards? That doesn't seem like you actually enjoy it if that's the case and if it isn't the case, you have no problem with the change.

18 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I really don't understand your problem mate, they are releasing 1 umbra forma per 8 weeks, you have 8 weeks to get 150 essence... Pretty easy task. And guess what you still have the option of doing Survival missions with your friends to do this. For kuva? You have the previous options that we all used for ages and still managed to get a ton of kuva from, if you enjoy playing long missions this isn't a problem for you. I also disagree with your earlier statement of Steel Path being challenging. It isn't, if it was, I'd actually enjoy staying longer in missions regardless of rewards. Currently the greatest challenge it offers is trying to stay awake. So what exactly is your issue other than the fact it will take you longer to get your rewards? Considering you enjoy staying in missions a long time, how is that a problem? Is it perhaps that you DON'T actually enjoy the missions unless you're earning rewards? That doesn't seem like you actually enjoy it if that's the case and if it isn't the case, you have no problem with the change.

I honestly have a great deal more regard for posters who just come out and say "No, it's about Kuva, I want to be able to generate hundreds of thousands of Kuva with a four hour mission."

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I honestly have a great deal more regard for posters who just come out and say "No, it's about Kuva, I want to be able to generate hundreds of thousands of Kuva with a four hour mission."

Same, it does feel like a thinly disguised attempt. Personally if I want kuva I'll just go back to Arbis like before but I don't use it that often anyway.

22 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I really don't understand your problem mate, they are releasing 1 umbra forma per 8 weeks, you have 8 weeks to get 150 essence... Pretty easy task....

ok, you like it that way, all right!
I won't disagree with you.  ;)

4 minutes ago, S0NGA said:

ok, you like it that way, all right!
I won't disagree with you.  ;)

It's not a case of disagreeing, I'm asking what your actual issue is if you enjoy doing long missions. I also enjoy long missions when they're actually challenging which currently they are not. I don't care about kuva, I have plenty of it anyway and I have 8 umbra forma. I'd love for you to tell me which frames you think can greatly benefit from umbra forma and why you feel pressured to farm enough essence to constantly buy them. And I'd also love for you to tell me why you can't enjoy doing other long missions now. Or you could admit you don't know and just care about the kuva.

6 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It's not a case of disagreeing, I'm asking what your actual issue is if you enjoy doing long missions. I also enjoy long missions when they're actually challenging which currently they are not. I don't care about kuva, I have plenty of it anyway and I have 8 umbra forma. I'd love for you to tell me which frames you think can greatly benefit from umbra forma and why you feel pressured to farm enough essence to constantly buy them. And I'd also love for you to tell me why you can't enjoy doing other long missions now.

throughout the dialogues present here and a lot they were not even about the subject itself, there was talk of several things...
I made all my ideas very clear, if you didn't see them, due to pollution from other subjects or I was not clear enough, maybe because each culture (country) has its own way of expressing yourself

I am very sorry for that, but I will not continue to repeat more times what I said earlier and several times! thats it!

2 minutes ago, S0NGA said:

throughout the dialogues present here and a lot they were not even about the subject itself, there was talk of several things...
I made all my ideas very clear, if you didn't see them, due to pollution from other subjects or I was not clear enough, maybe because each culture (country) has its own way of expressing yourself

I am very sorry for that, but I will not continue to repeat more times what I said earlier and several times! thats it!

Oh no I read your ideas, they just don't make any sense. I guess you can't actually answer my questions huh? 

59 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Is it that unbelievable to you that someone might enjoy Warframe without being super invested in Rivens and Kuva?

Not at all. Just saying, if you have it, spend it because I actually enjoy trying different rivens and rolling them, I do alot of eidolon hunts, so having different weapons to do it brings variety to the game. Thats why i farmed SE. To roll not only my main snipers rivens but the not so popular ones so i can 6x.

If you have it and dont want to spend it thats your choice, but then, this thread might not be for you, since it should be to the ppl you actually give use to the farmed resources

18 hours ago, sillman74 said:

well DE want more players to play steel path so they made the acquiring process much more easy. The majority matters more I guess.

If they truly wanted people to play steel path they would do 2 things:

- make difficulty scalable 

- make rewards scalable 

Steel path has taught me one thing: not all frames are remotely good. Without scaling similar to diablo, 98% of my arsenal is worthless in steel path. 

Couple that without any kind of alert system that brings players together and you're met with an empty star chart, rendering coop useless. 

It's a poorly designed system before we even consider reward and currency structure.

1 hour ago, IIDMOII said:

- make rewards scalable 

Steel path has taught me one thing: not all frames are remotely good. Without scaling similar to diablo, 98% of my arsenal is worthless in steel path. 

Couple that without any kind of alert system that brings players together and you're met with an empty star chart, rendering coop useless. 

It's a poorly designed system before we even consider reward and currency structure.

I agree with you...
I think steel path was a great idea and it should also put old and experienced players in a challange...
however, in my head, it was poorly designed.  :(((

On 2020-11-20 at 11:05 PM, S0NGA said:

okay, I understood what you said!!
but, let me know one thing...
if they don't like that we farm a lot in a farm/grind game, in which it is possible to farm for hours and hours, why they insist on continuing to do this a farm/grind game, that way?!?
should end with SURVIVAL missions (funny it is to see that the mission is called survive, that is, stay and stay there!!!) and missions that you can continue on it!
change the interception mission, for one, with only one round!  thats it!!!

dude, understand one thing, if the game allows me to do this, I'll do it until I can't take it anymore!!!  :P

And just to add to this .. the Lotus tells us in said survivals that "the longer you stay the greater the rewards"  .. and also another couple that now I cant remember of course, but they are telling us to hunker down, stay as long as you can, prove yourself and you will be rewarded.. DE should change the Lotus voice line.

22 hours ago, S0NGA said:

I agree with you...
I think steel path was a great idea and it should also put old and experienced players in a challange...
however, in my head, it was poorly designed.  :(((

no not poorly designed, the design IDEA was great, the implementation was poorly done and nerfed to accommodate for the casual players.

On 2020-11-21 at 3:05 PM, AlfredoLindu said:

Not at all. Just saying, if you have it, spend it because I actually enjoy trying different rivens and rolling them, I do alot of eidolon hunts, so having different weapons to do it brings variety to the game. Thats why i farmed SE. To roll not only my main snipers rivens but the not so popular ones so i can 6x.

If you have it and dont want to spend it thats your choice, but then, this thread might not be for you, since it should be to the ppl you actually give use to the farmed resources

Damn .. nicely put !! and very polite I might say :)

5 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

- make rewards scalable 

I know and you are exactly right, but DE just doesn't like to go the more complex way(I assume that's what they think), maybe there are too many nodes need adjustments that they don't want to do it, maybe the system is too deep that they can't afford to change it because it may result to other issues, idk. I doubt they will ever rework the whole thing, at least they actually bother making some changes.

On 2020-11-20 at 11:13 PM, S0NGA said:

look, if they didn't know that, they were very naive...  it is not the first time, that we do this!!

it's more like they never really test all the possibilities their own creation gives the player for themself and so often end up with 'unforesen consequences' a bit latter that they can't ignore for long before they need to change something (though with steel path, they took indeed much too long of considering a different way). likely they rather let us snoop out all the 'problematic' ways one could play this game - but then, they shouldn't punish those who ovredid it (IF indeed the claims of many player are true, which i'm not convinced, really).

the change to this system, i find quite ok... for now... and the prices are too imo. it still is much about doing the missions in a more specific way though - build wise or weapon wise (or both ^^)

5 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

it's more like they never really test all the possibilities their own creation gives the player for themself and so often end up with 'unforesen consequences' a bit latter that they can't ignore for long before they need to change something (though with steel path, they took indeed much too long of considering a different way). likely they rather let us snoop out all the 'problematic' ways one could play this game - but then, they shouldn't punish those who ovredid it (IF indeed the claims of many player are true, which i'm not convinced, really).

the change to this system, i find quite ok... for now... and the prices are too imo. it still is much about doing the missions in a more specific way though - build wise or weapon wise (or both ^^)

Because it's impossible for any person to "teast all the possibilities", do you realize what are you saying? It's like "knowing all the posibilities" when you take a walk outside. A lot of stuff can happen. With games it's the same, you are giving a lot of information intoa  system and that information overlaps witha  lot of other information outside you that also interacts with you and with the system. No one, no dev, no human can "test all the possibilities", imply the contrary is talking about, I don't know, an omniscient being.

That doesn't mean they don't stress stuff that doesn't requiere "test all the possibilities" to be fixed, but honestly, this S#&$ about wanting a perfect game just get too crazy sometimes. 

Archived