Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the sneaky Khora nerf...

TEDD1995

Why they nerf khora, it wasn't in the test cluster and they haven't talked about it on any streams.. you know people work hard on frames and build accordingly to suit the abilities so why don't you engage with the players who are keeping your game alive, about changes to their favorite frames. Instead of just sneaking in changes and expecting everyone to be okay with it.. fix the things that are really broken in the game and don't get salty cause people found out how to efficiently farm steel essence and nerf the indemand frame for said activity because you are mad.. you build the game not the players so if something is broken tell us how you messed up and now you have to back track instead

5 minutes ago, Spectre-8 said:

The Khora nerf was a good start , all the devs need to do now is to apply target cap and LoS restrictions to all warframes and weapons .

To be honest, LOS restrictions make sense in a lot of scenarios. There are really only a few scenarios where the LOS limitation should be removed.
It doesn't make sense that many abilities pierce walls and frames can be really powerful even with LOS restrictions (look at Xaku, Octavia and Ember). There should definitely be some revisions to how some abilities work (IE spores, vortex, volt's ultimate etc.). Explosions should all be restricted to LOS on the explosion. It makes no sense to hit enemies behind walls with explosions...)

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

To be honest, LOS restrictions make sense in a lot of scenarios. There are really only a few scenarios where the LOS limitation should be removed.
It doesn't make sense that many abilities pierce walls and frames can be really powerful even with LOS restrictions (look at Xaku, Octavia and Ember). There should definitely be some revisions to how some abilities work (IE spores, vortex, volt's ultimate etc.). Explosions should all be restricted to LOS on the explosion. It makes no sense to hit enemies behind walls with explosions...)

It just got to the point where something really needs to change .

Just now, Spectre-8 said:

Yeah. You'd think so but there are still plenty of gamebreaking LOS-piercing attacks in the game. I'm not going into detail on what those are but yeah this update certainly didn't really fix things related to LOS-piercing nukes.

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Yeah. You'd think so but there are still plenty of gamebreaking LOS-piercing attacks in the game. I'm not going into detail on what those are but yeah this update certainly didn't really fix things related to LOS-piercing nukes.

That's why I said it was a good start . They had to start somewhere .

Just now, Floppion said:

Khora deserved the nerf and is still "OP". I personally tested that her whipclaw does still go through doors quite a bit, amazing for holding chokepoints. No reason to be mad she is my second most played frame.

d&d nerd GIF

The fact is, LOS-piercing is largely a part of what makes frames/weapons overpowered. Look at all the complaints and issues related to specific weapons/abilities and count how many are directly related to the thing's ability to kill beyond LOS.

Do I like killing beyond LOS? Hell yeah? Am I going to be blind to how this is not balanced? Nope

1 minute ago, Spectre-8 said:

That's why I said it was a good start . They had to start somewhere .

It isn't really a new thing though.

DE has randomly patched LOS-piercing attacks for years. Excalibur used have infinite punchthrough, Ember used to as well. They just patch these things randomly (seemingly) instead of fixing it all at once. Hell, all melee weapons were able to pierce LOS for a long time.

It isn't really a new thing though.

DE has randomly patched LOS-piercing attacks for years. Excalibur used have infinite punchthrough, Ember used to as well. They just patch these things randomly (seemingly) instead of fixing it all at once. Hell, all melee weapons were able to pierce LOS for a long time.

Yes and they fixed some stuff , seems like the time has come yet again and this looks like the start of a new fix cycle , which is what i ment .

1 minute ago, Spectre-8 said:

The first thing that needs to change, before anything (IMO fun) gets nerfed to 💩 thank you very much,
would be enemies being scaled more towards quality rather than quantity, including AI so they don't get stuck all over,
non-LOS nukes are a blessing when it comes to a variety of current issues
(for example, Defense maps with lots of obstacles / multi-layer BS that makes enemies trickle into sight maybe a handful at a time, urgh).

If you just put LOS restrictions on everything without changing the game appropriately, you'll just have a worse game.

Just now, Spectre-8 said:

Yes and they fixed some stuff , seems like the time has come yet again and this looks like the start of a new fix cycle , which is what i ment .

I won't go into detail but the Khora nerf with this update came alongside the potential for major LOS-piercing nukage from other sources. Its actually hilariously OP what they introduced with this update. 

31 minutes ago, TEDD1995 said:

Why they nerf khora, it wasn't in the test cluster and they haven't talked about it on any streams.. you know people work hard on frames and build accordingly to suit the abilities so why don't you engage with the players who are keeping your game alive, about changes to their favorite frames. Instead of just sneaking in changes and expecting everyone to be okay with it.. fix the things that are really broken in the game and don't get salty cause people found out how to efficiently farm steel essence and nerf the indemand frame for said activity because you are mad.. you build the game not the players so if something is broken tell us how you messed up and now you have to back track instead

You should have seen this coming a mile away. 

Seriously. It was more than justified.

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You should have seen this coming a mile away. 

Seriously. It was more than justified.

Truth.

Though it is shocking how long DE left this untouched. Khora has been able to nuke things for a long, long time. It is really only with the Xoris and steel path that people started clamoring over to her camp. 

1 minute ago, thats_rudiculous_07 said:

Saryn and other Warframe that can hit through how about hem don't they deserve a nerf as well. Your reasoning is flawed

Like I said they have to start the cycle again from somewhere , they don't have time for everything so they are doing whatever they can at the end of the day .

Truth.

Though it is shocking how long DE left this untouched. Khora has been able to nuke things for a long, long time. It is really only with the Xoris and steel path that people started clamoring over to her camp. 

I've noticed to avoid controversy they don't like to act unless they feel something has become overwhelming problematic, and more often than not their justification is "useage stats". My guess is you are right and SP people started moving over to her more for certain camping spots, and that caused her to get their particular attention. With 40+ frames and constantly growing, they don't have time allocated to audit them regularly, so they just go after stuff at the top of useage stats. 

Just now, thats_rudiculous_07 said:

Are you serious?  Ppl use khora cause she has a loot augament. It's not really nuke compared to saryn. And Octavia . It more like baruku. Why not nerf them as well🤔 

Despicable Me Reaction GIF

The conversation is about LOS restrictions...

Octavia already has LOS restriction on her mallet.. It needs direct LOS to deal damage.

What exactly are you trying to say? Your response is all over the place.

Archived