Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Melee Not Working During Frost: Avalanche

BlackVortex

I haven't played on my frost in a while, but yesterday when I started playing it again I noticed that during the freezing effect of avalanche I could not use my melee weapon

I did extensive testing and I am never able to use my melee while the freezing effect of avalanche is still on.

Able to use melee => Cast avalanche => unable to use melee => freezing effect ends and steam animation comes off the frost => able to use melee again

is this intended to be like this?

it is rather annoying I'm not able to kill the frozen snowmen with my melee

Eh, you mean you can't use melee while you're casting? 

Edit: Or are you mixing up freeze with avalanche? The idea of avalanche is that it actually deals some aoe damage, and frost is standing still while casting it, like most warframes. So obviously you can't run around and melee while you're casting an ability. 

Edited by Aurghmeister

Eh, you mean you can't use melee while you're casting? 

Edit: Or are you mixing up freeze with avalanche? The idea of avalanche is that it actually deals some aoe damage, and frost is standing still while casting it, like most warframes. So obviously you can't run around and melee while you're casting an ability. 

Probably yes, because Avalanche freeze effect never lasted longer than casting time itself, so it's impossible to even try to attack targets frozen by it by yourself.