Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choose to use nearly decayed Argon Crystals instead of newly acquired ones

Aurra_Sing

Question

8 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I am quite sure the game simply cuts your total amount in half at a fixed time every day.

No, I had 3 nearly decayed crystals, and I just got 3 more today. Then I used 5 of them. Now I have one with only 4 min to decay.

Meaning, the game choose to use my new 3 crystal and 2 old ones, which left me with a old crystal

2 minutes ago, Aurra_Sing said:

No, I had 3 nearly decayed crystals, and I just got 3 more today. Then I used 5 of them. Now I have one with only 4 min to decay.

Meaning, the game choose to use my new 3 crystal and 2 old ones, which left me with a old crystal

No, the game decays half of your argon crystals at a fixed time every day

From the wiki :

Citation

Each Argon Crystal in a Tenno's inventory is either stable or decaying at any given time; beyond this, the age of a single crystal does not matter.

• "A full 24 hours from when you acquire it and then when GMT 00:00 hits, is when it’s considered in its decaying period." [1]
  • Having the countdown started on one Argon Crystal, then obtaining another does not reset the countdown for the former.

Each day at GMT 00:00, two things happen:

1. The quantity of decaying Argon Crystals (the ones older than today) is cut in half and rounded down (in other words, performing an integer division by two)
  2. All stable Argon Crystals (the ones you collected on that day) shift to the decaying state

So Traumtulpe was almost right

13 minutes ago, Aurra_Sing said:

wiki only explain the decay situation that you never use your crystal, but I used some of my crystals

It's a "schrodinger's cat" situation. Lemme try to walk you through it...

You start the game with zero crystals. When you pick up a crystal, it starts a decay timer, 24 + X hours (X being the number of hours until midnight GMT in real life). When that timer hits zero, the number of crystals in your inventory will be rounded down, and the timer will be reset to 24 hours if you have any crystals left

If you pick up more crystals or spend any crystals, that timer keeps ticking down regardless. It's one global timer for ALL your crystals, rather than an individual timer for each crystal. Even if you continuously spend and replace crystals until your original batch of crystals is replaced, the timer doesn't care; it will still halve your new crystals once the timer hits zero

Archived