Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Necramech hitboxes: does anyone have a visual aid?

TARINunit9

Question

It's looking like we won't be able to use Octavia to just kill the Necramechs for us anymore (mallets no longer absorb damage from Mausolon bullets, and the resonator just ignores Necramechs entirely) so I need to start developing new strats to actually shoot the Necramechs

The problem is, no matter how much I shoot at the mech's back, I just can't figure out where the sweetspot is on that stupid thing. It's a LOT smaller than it looks. Does anybody have a visual aid, perhaps some way to highlight the region of the pic that it's confirmed damage will actually happen?

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

The problem is, no matter how much I shoot at the mech's back, I just can't figure out where the sweetspot is on that stupid thing.

If you pumped some shots into it's main body when it's shield went up, then it will take just as many shots to drop the shield again due to how the shield works. You may be shooting the weakpoint perfectly, and assuming you were missing when in fact you just had to shoot it a bit more to get through it's health pool.

It's the blue glowing bit on the back and sides. 

Just now, DeMonkey said:

If you pumped some shots into it's main body when it's shield went up, then it will take just as many shots to drop the shield again due to how the shield works. You may be shooting the weakpoint perfectly, and assuming you were missing when in fact you just had to shoot it a bit more to get through it's health pool.

It's the blue glowing bit on the back and sides. 

The Reflect Skin is not what I'm having trouble with (well I am, but not in that way). I'm having trouble dealing damage when its Reflect Shield ISN'T active

Well killing Necramech with Octavia was broken anyways. It got what it deserved.Just equip Imperator vandal with radiation damage and target shoulders and joints after you destroy hands.This way you can run with any build and weapon you want and call in your Imperator when it comes to fight with Necramech. 

This does raise a valid complaint of Warframe's borked hitbox system.

If you fire a large projectile at an enemy with a tiny weak spot, the game's mechanics only calculates the hit based on the very first enemy hitbox pixel that the attack strikes and ignores everything right after.

If you're going to be attacking the reworked necramechs with a stropha, you have to aim all the way to the sides of the mech just so that what should be considered a glancing blow actually does damage to the mech.

This very clumsy hitbox detection system is terrible.

Archived