Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scintillant is STUPIDLY RIDICULOUSLY Rare....

---No-Mercy---

I was playing with a party, the host is my husband so I can see his screen and we were communicating with the other members of the squad via discord, he found 16 scintillants and the other members and me got 0, because he was the host and scintillants were there for him but were not in our screen, we even tried to hit the exact same location where the item was floating but nothing happened..

vor 53 Minuten schrieb Tazemi:

I was playing with a party, the host is my husband so I can see his screen and we were communicating with the other members of the squad via discord, he found 16 scintillants and the other members and me got 0, because he was the host and scintillants were there for him but were not in our screen, we even tried to hit the exact same location where the item was floating but nothing happened..

This was exactly our experience. Our host already had 85 scintillant. He claimed that the first day in Deimos they dropped heavily, then it was over. But on Saturday, I got 10 scintillant out of a 3 hour run (with a Nekros) and he got close to 30 as a host (just in case you are saying: HAHA, THEY ARE DROPPING, TOLD YOU: I got 0 from 3 hours on Sunday, without Nekros). He has shown us exactly where they were floating, I was jumping, he said, I hit it, but nothing at all happened. He was the only one to get them, so it is not a visual issue.
This would totally explain why some guys claim that they swim in Scintillant and others got nothing.
So out of 6 hours Vault running bounties, I got 10 Scintillant. If that is not rare, I don't know what rare is. And when I farmed 5 for my Xaku, I was just farming the first bounty solo so that I had the highest drop chance. The first 3 I had pretty fast and I was thinking: Hey, this is not that bad. Then I hit a drought and it took a looooong time. Due to this drought, I counted the number of bounties (remember, only one stage, not all 3) that I needed to get the 5th. It was 23.

Yeah, don't claim Scintillant is not existing, but something is very off here and for me, it is super, super rare.

On 2020-11-22 at 3:23 AM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

In terms of pure tanking, ignoring for a second invisible frames, for EHP yeh Inaros can take some hits. But for pure being able to survive hits with ZERO damage, Revenant is far better. Press 2 and you're invulnerable. Press 2 again if invulnerability wears out. But if you like using it go for it. Just realise that you're handicapping yourself and that the drop rate isn't actually BS as you claim, it's that your tactics are not optimal. 

Your probably right about my build setup, its just I personally think that you shouldn't need a specific build in order to farm a pacific item in reasonable quantities.

But I will look into changing it up.

45 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I just started doing iso vaults a couple weeks ago and there's always 1 scintillate floating in the air in the chamber. Gotta actually look around for it.

I got 5 or 6 or so from the bounties which I was doing since release, but they had to patch those in and fix it.

ive never seen them floating about? i really must have my head under a rock since everyone has no trouble farming these. quite embarrassing really since i've been playing this since alpha.

54 minutes ago, ---No-Mercy--- said:

ive never seen them floating about? i really must have my head under a rock since everyone has no trouble farming these. quite embarrassing really since i've been playing this since alpha.

Well disregarding DE not making sure they appeared or dropped in content release....once they fixed it, scintillate drops from necramechs and also as soon as I enter the vault where the mech fight starts, I immediately scan and run around the room and look for the floating ball in the air which is the scintillate. Similar to a cetus wisp, you have to bullet jump/fly over to it and your body has to touch it. 

I tried to bullet jump at it a couple times and missed, so I quickly jumped up again and touched it, and it appears on the screen and goes in your inventory. 

The scintillate slowly floats upwards in the air and I'm pretty sure will disappear if you don't find it and touch within a certain time limit, which is why I look around and get it before I start fighting the mech.

It's a black and white ball with a white light around it and a tiny light trail. Once you see it for the first time, it's unmistakable and you'll just know when you see it. 

They make it pretty large so you can see it easier, whereas I think they need to personally make cetus AND Unairu wisps larger like the scintillate so people can see them on the plains at night.

26 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It's a black and white ball with a white light around it and a tiny light trail. Once you see it for the first time, it's unmistakable and you'll just know when you see it. 

They make it pretty large so you can see it easier, whereas I think they need to personally make cetus AND Unairu wisps larger like the scintillate so people can see them on the plains at night.

Well I just done all the new vault runs twice.... not one Scintillant, just a bucket load of endo as rewards.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I wonder if they broke it with the new update lol. Idk. Try again later?

oh definately... i want the scintillant, I only have 2! LOL!!

But reading some above and it looks like im not the only one this happens too? something about one person getting it and other on the same team not getting it?

Again might explain why people are swimming in it and others are having serious trouble not getting it?

5 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Only 3? Let me head to feedback and tell them to make it 10 so it's worth my time..

Anyway, we don't have the buff yet, but, I consistently got them through catching them in the vaults and from mechs. (At later runs I even took nekros) 

But yeah, bounty drops are so scuffed for me that I literally get the same stuff over and over and not what I want..

Me too, nothing but ENDO ENDO ENDO!!!

1 minute ago, ---No-Mercy--- said:

oh definately... i want the scintillant, I only have 2! LOL!!

But reading some above and it looks like im not the only one this happens too? something about one person getting it and other on the same team not getting it?

Again might explain why people are swimming in it and others are having serious trouble not getting it?

Yea they'll fix it, I'd give it a few days.

sure they are uncommon but i have seen them appear with 50% consistency in vaults just floating around.

I personally despise vaults, yet i managed to get enough for all the new stuff in a matter of 3 full vault runs (you need 8 or 12 i think?).

I didnt even use a loot frame, must have gotten half just floating around and half from the mechs.

i got 3 yesterday after 3hrs of grinding the 2nd mission, 2 were on the same run.  it certainly doesnt feel worth it grinding them out this way, they need to look at the drop chance vs endo and lens' it should be equal, and or add it also to the gold tier as well in the for of a 2x drop.. since gold has a higher chance seemingly of happening on the third round of tier 2 run. 

Am 21.11.2020 um 06:50 schrieb Spectre-8:

Always wait for hotfixes or stuff like this may happen to you .

F

wait for hotfix ... yeah thats warframe in a nutshell. i was looking forward to new nekramech, i enjoyed the old one put 7 forma in it only to see, that they have not calculated the modspace correct since i had no space left with every slot format. but after reading the feedback from pc (im ps4) i already know how this ll end. same as last year after rj release.  biggest mess ever unplayable for 2 month, getting no hotfix in have to deal with it or just quilt like my complete clan did except me because im stupid. 

On 2020-11-20 at 8:32 PM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

No it isn't, this was before they buffed the drops, now they actually respawn in the vault instead of disappearing and not returning. It is however bad from bounties, this was all from isolation vaults. Quick question - what frame did you take to do Isolation vaults?
f3EyrrC.png

since you seem to be so understanding of these things(taking this from your other comments.) what the HEK am I looking for with Scintillant?

On 2020-11-24 at 1:06 AM, ---No-Mercy--- said:

Your probably right about my build setup, its just I personally think that you shouldn't need a specific build in order to farm a pacific item in reasonable quantities.

If you like Inaros and playing solo you could try using the mini-Nekros (Chesa Kubrow with Retrieve), with a build based around Link armor, Link Health, (Primed) Pack Leader and Hunter Recovery. Makes the kubrow pretty tanky, while you use melee, and even heals you back.

The chance of extra loot is less than Nekros (45% vs 54%), you can't mod for increased distance (= 30 m) and it is only "once per 10 sec", but it does increase your loot. And since fights with Necramechs tend to be "you vs it" and take longer than 10 seconds, the Chesa "desecrate" often gets it's chance to kick in when you drop the Necramech. As you figure out your own tactic, you can even start to create such a "1 v 1" situation to "maximize" the results from the extra 45% drop chance.

If you want to play around with your Chesa and have forma to spare, there are some more advanced builds you can play around with, which includes more specialized mods (and Helminth replacement abilities). But if you build your kubrow more for "support" the next mod to look at is Primed Animal Instinct.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Orcus Imperium said:

since you seem to be so understanding of these things(taking this from your other comments.) what the HEK am I looking for with Scintillant?

For a start only do Vaults, if you're really trying to maximise your Scintillant you want to take a Nekros to get more drops from the mechs. When in the vault, you can also find them wild, they look like a floating blue glowing Synathid fish from Orb Vallis.

28 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

For a start only do Vaults, if you're really trying to maximise your Scintillant you want to take a Nekros to get more drops from the mechs. When in the vault, you can also find them wild, they look like a floating blue glowing Synathid fish from Orb Vallis.

wait. so they can be found floating around the drift itself? or exclusively in the vault?

Archived