Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scintillant is STUPIDLY RIDICULOUSLY Rare....

---No-Mercy---

Just because some people get a lot of Scintillant it's not magically common. I've seen a screenshot of someone getting 12 in 40 minutes using Nekros, Smeeta and Booster.
So, other resource people were complaining about, Cetus Wisp. In that amount of time I'd get over 100 of them with the same setup just by running around the Plains. Never even had problem with Cetus Wisps, after crafting stuff needing it left and right, burning through 200+ I still have 100 left, so, it's a common resource, right? No. 
If people agree on Cetus Wisp being problematic to get then Scintillant, which drops even less cannot be in any way "common".
Saying "It's RNG" is not going to make the issue go away.

17 hours ago, Graavarg said:

If you like Inaros and playing solo you could try using the mini-Nekros (Chesa Kubrow with Retrieve), with a build based around Link armor, Link Health, (Primed) Pack Leader and Hunter Recovery. Makes the kubrow pretty tanky, while you use melee, and even heals you back.

The chance of extra loot is less than Nekros (45% vs 54%), you can't mod for increased distance (= 30 m) and it is only "once per 10 sec", but it does increase your loot. And since fights with Necramechs tend to be "you vs it" and take longer than 10 seconds, the Chesa "desecrate" often gets it's chance to kick in when you drop the Necramech. As you figure out your own tactic, you can even start to create such a "1 v 1" situation to "maximize" the results from the extra 45% drop chance.

If you want to play around with your Chesa and have forma to spare, there are some more advanced builds you can play around with, which includes more specialized mods (and Helminth replacement abilities). But if you build your kubrow more for "support" the next mod to look at is Primed Animal Instinct.

im rebuilding nekros, also dont play solo, play with PUGS. 

On 2020-11-21 at 3:30 PM, ---No-Mercy--- said:

So ive been doing Vaults and Tier 1 and 2 Bounties ALL DAY, like 12 hours constantly! about 30 bounties and about 12 vaults and I have only got 1 and it says its a common drop in the Tier 2??

What a load of C**P!!

This resources is either bugged or the drop chance is set wrong...

Please fix!

I just started doing vault runs for [Sporothrix] parts, and before that i had literally no scintillant whatsoever
after loading into Isolation vault bounty, in the big room with two airblast flowers (at least, thats what i call them) I've always found one scintillant floating around the cieling

hope this helps!

14 hours ago, -CoI-IAmNotMatthew said:

Just because some people get a lot of Scintillant it's not magically common. I've seen a screenshot of someone getting 12 in 40 minutes using Nekros, Smeeta and Booster.
So, other resource people were complaining about, Cetus Wisp. In that amount of time I'd get over 100 of them with the same setup just by running around the Plains. Never even had problem with Cetus Wisps, after crafting stuff needing it left and right, burning through 200+ I still have 100 left, so, it's a common resource, right? No. 
If people agree on Cetus Wisp being problematic to get then Scintillant, which drops even less cannot be in any way "common".
Saying "It's RNG" is not going to make the issue go away.

Your first bit says it all, it's only a problem resource if you don't know how, same as your example of cetus wisps, I can get 100 of those in 1 45 minute Cetus night cycle easy. The people saying Scintillant is hard to get aren't in a properly formed farming group or even solo they're not using a Nekros, Smeets etc. That's not a problem of the resource being rare, that's their approach causing the issue.

Le 22/11/2020 à 03:06, -CdG-Zilchy a dit :

That's precisely what I'm saying. Yes, it's easier with Octavia, Inaros etc but you want more Scintillant. So why wouldn't you use a Nekros. Mostly I ran in a group of Octavia, Nekros, Vauban and Loki, if you want better rewards, team play will always deliver it easier. But when I ran solo, I used Nekros for the double chance at drops. I farmed all that 2 days into Deimos original release.

From my POV you are extremely lucky. Keep in mind that this game is RNG based so you can run 10k iso vaults with nekros and still don't get this resource or whatever you're farming. And of course the resource is untradable. I gave up on Deimos 'cause I never get Scintillants, Set mods, Necramech's mods and Necramech Weapon parts. My only rewards consolation prizes from Vaults and Bounties are Endo, Relics and ***** Ayatan Stars. Devs are trolls, that's my guess.

7 hours ago, Hedasker said:

From my POV you are extremely lucky. Keep in mind that this game is RNG based so you can run 10k iso vaults with nekros and still don't get this resource or whatever you're farming. And of course the resource is untradable. I gave up on Deimos 'cause I never get Scintillants, Set mods, Necramech's mods and Necramech Weapon parts. My only rewards consolation prizes from Vaults and Bounties are Endo, Relics and ***** Ayatan Stars. Devs are trolls, that's my guess.

And again I ask, what loadout were you using and what did your team mates use?

The scintillent drop is flat out player hostile. There's a post on Reddit on how to cheese it, but I'm not sure they'd like me linking to it.

Start the vault bounty with Mother in the Necralisk in solo mode. Finish the first vault and note exactly where scintillent spawns. If one doesn't spawn, head back to your orbiter, then back to Necralisk, and try the same bounty again (don't just go to the Necralisk and take the same bounty - I'm pretty sure it uses the same layout). Once you get a run with a floating scintillent, accept the vault bounty from mother in the Cambian Drift right by where you were spat out. Run back in and the scintillent will have respawned in the same spot. Grab it and head out to abandon the mission. Accept the same mission again, run in, grab scintillent, back out. Works over Vome-Fass transitions, too. Spend an hour and never farm the stuff again.

If you haven't seen one yet, they're the size of a sentinel (like Helios), white, glow, and move around a little (though not far - 10-20m max). They have a distinct sound, which is the easiest way to detect them. I'm pretty sure they don't show up on loot radars or get highlighted with the codex scanner.

This worked after the latest patch (yesterday), too.

instead of dropping useless Bonewidow, launch Itzal archwing (you cant do both !! ) modded for range and efficiency and vaccum the hell out of the whole vault once or twice ...

you wont believe how many scintillants you ll find that way, even more so now with the much much bigger underground layout of the vaults

Le 27/11/2020 à 03:14, -CdG-Zilchy a dit :

And again I ask, what loadout were you using and what did your team mates use?

Oh come on... More or less the ideal team that you described in a previous message depending on who is present. You can't quantify luck, can you at least understand that ?

16 minutes ago, Hedasker said:

Oh come on... More or less the ideal team that you described in a previous message depending on who is present. You can't quantify luck, can you at least understand that ?

I can understand that you can gather more of a resource through your cat sneezing more often, increasing your speed per mission and a bunch of other variables as well as some luck. I also know that the majority of people who've said I'm full of it are not using optimal methods. So I feel it necessary to check such things. Yes you may or may not get more of the resource through chance but to say it's too hard to acquire is pure BS and people simply not optimizing their runs.

9 hours ago, ---No-Mercy--- said:

Well I done multiple vaults last night, used nekros decicrate like crazy, had the smeeza cat and not one scintillant. I must be the most unluckiest person or DE just hates me. LOL! 

Don't take this the wrong way but the way you wrote that makes it seem like you don't understand how desecrate works, if this is just a case of misunderstanding ignore this part, you know desecrate is a toggle right? you use it to activate and once again to deactivate, unless you run out of energy midway, in which case it'll turn off and you'll have to put it back up. The skill itself procs on corpses around you as long as it already has been toggled on and energy hasn't ran out.

That said, I noticed some vaults seem to always have a scintillant for the host. After starting an arcana bounty in the vault the sincillant seems to respawn in the same spot.
Now I don't know if this is intended or a bug from arcana bounties being new and having messed something up. But this does in fact make Scintillant quite easy to get, even if you are low on time and unlucky in desecration.
Regularly playing with a nekros, Scintillant from necramechs don't drop every time, but they aren't super rare either, so you should be getting them every few vaults unless you are very very very unlucky.

Archived