Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos K-Drive acquisition..... Please explain

Breezer88

Question

Could anyone please explain to me how you acquire the new k-drive parts from the grandmother races? I've completed 6 races and only received 1 part so far. Is this an RNG grind wall nightmare, again? .05% chance to be awarded or is not finishing before time limit is over not correct?

Thanks in advance

11 answers to this question

I have done ZERO k-drive races in the Drift lol.   The thought of racing through such a tiny cluttered map makes me sad.  Knowing every rock and tendril will send me flying.  

It makes me super sad that Orb Vallis has ZERO races that take place on the freaking roads that are all over OV lol...  Speeding along those is super fun.

----------------

That new -energy/+boost mod is pretty sweet but I dont use the trick mod that helps refill energy and the speed boost makes it really hard to hit checkpoint and not overshoot stuff lol.  

I just forma'd my custom K-drive like twice recently.. Havent maxed it out yet...  But then they go and announce an infested K-drive =( lol.  I like ALL the k-drives....   I think its time for them to gain innate abilities to help seperate them like Archwings!!  

----------------

Anyways good luck man.... I am definately going to try and get that as soon as we get this update =P.  

The blueprints drop from 4 of the 8 races, all three races at the top of Cambion drop a blueprint and if you look at the bottom of Cambion, the last part drops from the middle race.  

No point doing them though cos they don't show up in your foundry even if you do have them.

52 minutes ago, Terminalz said:

The blueprints drop from 4 of the 8 races, all three races at the top of Cambion drop a blueprint and if you look at the bottom of Cambion, the last part drops from the middle race.  

No point doing them though cos they don't show up in your foundry even if you do have them.

Thanks for the reply. After spending some considerable time on this last night, I finally figured it out. Definitely need to spend more time looking in the official Wiki pages when stuck. My 3 parts are actually showing up after the most recent hotfix. I really hope this is fixed for everyone else because there is NO WAY I'd be willing to do those races again.

Good Luck and stay blessed.

1 hour ago, Myscho said:

There is only 5 active races per day, so you have complete another to get more parts

Hi ya. Thanks for the help. I actually scoured the earth looking for the how, when, where who and why last night and got the 3 that I could. Perhaps the last one will rotate today? Take care and thanks.

2 minutes ago, chacachaca13 said:

Thanks for the reply. After spending some considerable time on this last night, I finally figured it out. Definitely need to spend more time looking in the official Wiki pages when stuck. My 3 parts are actually showing up after the most recent hotfix. I really hope this is fixed for everyone else because there is NO WAY I'd be willing to do those races again.

Good Luck and stay blessed.

ye man, I rly didn't want to do them again, they're so annoying, but I caved and sold Gristleback and Steeba and redid the races and now they show up in Foundry....total bs, why couldn't they just fix it with a script instead of making us redo them? Ah well, now have to wait for Nodulite race to reappear >:(

9 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I have done ZERO k-drive races in the Drift lol.   The thought of racing through such a tiny cluttered map makes me sad.  Knowing every rock and tendril will send me flying.  

It makes me super sad that Orb Vallis has ZERO races that take place on the freaking roads that are all over OV lol...  Speeding along those is super fun.

----------------

That new -energy/+boost mod is pretty sweet but I dont use the trick mod that helps refill energy and the speed boost makes it really hard to hit checkpoint and not overshoot stuff lol.  

I just forma'd my custom K-drive like twice recently.. Havent maxed it out yet...  But then they go and announce an infested K-drive =( lol.  I like ALL the k-drives....   I think its time for them to gain innate abilities to help seperate them like Archwings!!  

----------------

Anyways good luck man.... I am definately going to try and get that as soon as we get this update =P.  

Thank you for this extensive and kind response. You are so right and I just tried explaining this over in General Discussion because I was getting grilled for being frustrated with DE locking the pieces to rewards instead of just allowing us to gain points and purchase the parts from Loid or Roky. Anyways, you most definitely do go flying after hitting each small tendril and even what appears to be a rounded and smooth tumor on the ground. 

The OV races were fun amd now they look ingenious compared to CD races. The amount of obstacle are unreal. Enemies, hitting doggos that are fighting with infested.

I was looking at the new mod and it made me wonder why there isn't a better fall resistance mod because 66% is more like 26% in Cambion. Now I'll need to put Forma into my drive to use the new mod if it really is good. Problem is the amazing content creators like Potato and Leyzar don't have elaborate videos on k-drives. Unless there are other guys who do then I'm sorta lost at what's a good build. Don't blame them for not doing it as no one runs them for the most part except for MR fodder. Same with Archwing and that really sucks because there is no SO/ESO to level our AW stuff up in. While I have a hard time with some content in WF due to a disability and causing seizures, etc., I do enjoy cruising with a board over flying as you said on the roads. It just feels relaxing and at my own pace. The cave ones are toughest for me but the cool white landscape is refreshing. I love the snow a lot. Cruising along gives me time to reflect on how awesome it would be to do IRL.

Take care of yourself and thanks again. There really are amazing people in this community. I can get super cranky at times playing and it takes a lot to post because I either don't explain myself correctly or the sweaty try hards attack me. Stay cool and God Bless

4 minutes ago, chacachaca13 said:

Problem is the amazing content creators like Potato and Leyzar don't have elaborate videos on k-drives. Unless there are other guys who do then I'm sorta lost at what's a good build. 

There's your problem, don't rely on content creators because generally speaking they just use the next best thing cos they want the views. Experimentation by yourself is key to success in this game. I used this build to complete all Kdrive races, you basically just sprint for most of the races cos the majority of the runs are nice and straight and open, keep an eye on what's coming up, hold Ctrl on the roots to grind them and hold jump to charge it before any of the big jumps. 1 forma required, have fun.
ieyx5sc.png

33 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

There's your problem, don't rely on content creators because generally speaking they just use the next best thing cos they want the views. Experimentation by yourself is key to success in this game. I used this build to complete all Kdrive races, you basically just sprint for most of the races cos the majority of the runs are nice and straight and open, keep an eye on what's coming up, hold Ctrl on the roots to grind them and hold jump to charge it before any of the big jumps. 1 forma required, have fun.

Thnx for the build :)

2 minutes ago, Terminalz said:

Thnx for the build :)

You're very welcome. One thing I will say it's probably easier to use a slightly lower max jump height mod at first because it can really send you soaring and quite often launches you over the gate you were aiming at lol. If that happens it's easiest to just use I think it's right click on mouse to do a somersault which will have the effect of a melee slam and bring you downwards quickly.

Archived