Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos K-Drive acquisition..... Please explain

Breezer88

Is this broken by chance? I have completed a dozen races now and have only received ONE piece. 

Quote from Megans notes:

NEW INFESTED K-DRIVE!

Grandmother has gotten her hands on a new Infested K-Drive and it can be yours by completing each of her Races out in the Cambion Drift! Once you’ve acquired the Ferverspine, Gristlebuck, Nodulite, and Steeba parts visit your friend Roky in Fortuna to build the Infested K-Drive!

4 minutes ago, chacachaca13 said:

Is this broken by chance? I have completed a dozen races now and have only received ONE piece. 

Quote from Megans notes:

NEW INFESTED K-DRIVE!

Grandmother has gotten her hands on a new Infested K-Drive and it can be yours by completing each of her Races out in the Cambion Drift! Once you’ve acquired the Ferverspine, Gristlebuck, Nodulite, and Steeba parts visit your friend Roky in Fortuna to build the Infested K-Drive!

You still have this issue after the last hotfix? 

I ask because there aws a bug but I'm not sure if it's related to your problem, if that the case I enourage you to jump here: 

6 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

You still have this issue after the last hotfix? 

I ask because there aws a bug but I'm not sure if it's related to your problem, if that the case I enourage you to jump here: 

Yes, I still can't acquire parts from different races. I have done all but 1 (what a pain the one with markers in the air) and as stated in my original comment, some of them multiple times. All I have is the gristlebutt, or whatever it is called.

Thanks for helping

4 minutes ago, GwinKyblood said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/K-Drive_Race

https://ibb.co/6RkTr01  THIS RACE ( DROPS PRIMARY PART OF K-DRIVE :))))) ) 

I can NOT do that race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have done all Fortuna races, leveled 4 boards but this cambion stuff is TOXIC as hell. That jump across the ravine is ridiculous. I'd rather spend plat

Regardless, thanks for sharing. I'll pass on this k-drive. I love DE's wisdom. How many players do k-drive races? So they make the new ones insane and I am bombarded by infested, face suckers, etc. 

The Diemos k-drive races are awful.
Also I swear they made it way easier to fall off your board.
One of my friends suggested maybe they're easier if you use one of the bugs, but the problem with that idea is that you can't activate the race while riding, and as soon as you get off the bug just runs away.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

The Diemos k-drive races are awful.

I cheesed them spectacularly tonight and I couldn't be any prouder of myself for doing so. Quit adding cringe mechanics and locking new stuff behind something that Ninjas never do.  

Yes, I noticed this as well. Or it could be the landscape is just terribly coded and things that appear to be a round surface is making me smash into it and fall off. I also wish it din't take 10 seconds to get back onto the board after crashing. I have my mod at max/66%. Is there a Primed version for 100%? Is there a mod for quicker recovery? I use Primed Sure Footed and my Inaros acts like he spent the day on a drunken bender. LOL

2 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Someone at DE is utterly obsessed with the idea that "risk/reward" should be in everything.  The problem is that the way DE looks at risk/reward is that it's a great way to be overly punishing to players for not doing everything exactly how they intend and it's even infesting these S#&$ty little "I played SKATE for 10 minutes and now I need it in my game too." hover boards.  Touch a pebble?  Go rag dolling 900 meters through the air.  Clip an invisible corner where we have our amateur hour terrain collision set up?  Launched into the sun with the Lotus.  You took a risk getting on the board and you weren't perfect within the confines of our exceedingly imperfect game, so now your punishment for failure is an unbelievably annoying ragdoll tour through the whole open world you're in.

You know those launch pads on the Vallis that are designed for you to ride your kdrive onto them and get a boost?  75% of the time I touch one of those I go ragdolling 1,000m off into the distance like Team Rocket.  Kdrives are extremely poorly designed and they keep having the audacity to put more of them in the game like they're actually a good, usable feature.

17 minutes ago, chacachaca13 said:

I have my mod at max/66%.

The best part about Kdrives is this mod.  Because it demonstrates how horribly designed they are.  This mod doesn't prevent crashes/falls while you're riding around and that's by design.  It prevents you from crashes during tricks.  You know, when you're in the air, not near the crappy terrain that constantly flings you off your board, and have nearly zero use for this mod?  That's the only time it works.  It does not prevent crashes while just riding through the landscape by any %, much less 66%.  This is per the wiki, and no, there's nowhere else that you could learn this other than the wiki or word of mouth, because why would you want that information?.  They designed it like this on purpose because they really think it's fun to go flying off into the sunset for grazing an invisible corner.  They think that this is good game design.  Just like they think the necramech rare mods having a drop chance of practically 0% is also perfectly acceptable.  

31 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

i noticed a different problem , i cant actually build the k drive parts.

cant find them in the foundry - am i just looking in the wrong place?

They appear in the modular section.

Do you have the blueprints from Rocky (For fortuna k drives at least?)

4 hours ago, chacachaca13 said:

I can NOT do that race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have done all Fortuna races, leveled 4 boards but this cambion stuff is TOXIC as hell. That jump across the ravine is ridiculous. I'd rather spend plat

Regardless, thanks for sharing. I'll pass on this k-drive. I love DE's wisdom. How many players do k-drive races? So they make the new ones insane and I am bombarded by infested, face suckers, etc. 

Easy way to do it, make sure you have Enough time, get through that first 1 grind goal right before the gap, then get off K drive Summon Archwing, fly to next point and remount K drive, thats how i did it, and got that Board

Good luck

7 hours ago, Nurmetya said:

As far as I've seen its even fewer numbers then conclave goers.

the lion king lol GIF

at this point I've decided to ignore K-drives. they take FAR too long to level up, they have basically zero uses or reasons for existing in the game, and hearing a Ventkid speak makes me want to blow my own brains out with my secondary. the only reason it isn't the most hated thing in warframe for me is because Conservation exists.

still need 2 regular K-drives for MR30, screw that noise. just gonna wait until I've levelled enough weapons to hit MR30 instead. using even the worst guns is far more bearable than K-Drive races.

I got the last piece today from the stupid race top left corner of Cambeon....what a pain, I ended up skipping the ring in the air (fell in to the ravine and Archwinged back up, luckily I had built up enough time for this).   I found the main part in my Foundry under Modular, but I cannot find any of the parts....I have the Blueprints in my Inventory (got them yesterday)...

btw, I am pretty sure the Blueprints drop from certain races, you don't have to do them all.

Just went and did them to see what all the fuss is about. Cmon people they're not that bad, there's a lot of sections where you simply max your speed and look towards the horizon to prepare for any jumps coming up. Assuming there's only 3 kdrive parts(can anyone confirm?) then the drops are working fine.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb chacachaca13:

I cheesed them spectacularly tonight and I couldn't be any prouder of myself for doing so. Quit adding cringe mechanics and locking new stuff behind something that Ninjas never do. 

So you can get a K-Drive for doing K-Drive races, but you ask DE to not lock the board you wanted (as a ninja) behind content that uses the board. Did I get that right? Because this might be the most hilarious request I have ever seen in these forums and trust me, I laugh a lot while reading here.

But maybe I got it all wrong, then by all means, correct me :)

17 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

So you can get a K-Drive for doing K-Drive races, but you ask DE to not lock the board you wanted (as a ninja) behind content that uses the board. Did I get that right? Because this might be the most hilarious request I have ever seen in these forums and trust me, I laugh a lot while reading here.

No you read it right, I'm laughing too.

2 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but were the parts to assemble k-drives locked behind the races in Orb Vallis? I am old and have some permanent brain dysfunction but as I recall, we used our default drive at first and then we could purchase new pieces at our leisure. Right? Now the 4 pieces are rewarded for doing races in Cambion Drift. This is what I would consider a forced requirement with cringe mechanics. I have avoided The Vault stuff and more specifically the 5 regular missions as nuch as possible due to me disability. Frequent seizures and massive migraines for a day to two after because of the landscape. The k-drive races were not so bad in OV but trying to do them in CD while twitching and having eye spasms from the landscape is near impossible. 

The k-drives give you MR points and we all know that every point counts if you want to reach the highest level possible. Same with Railjack and Tridolon hunts, more specifically the final one with all the flashy lights, etc. The vertigo inducing missions in RJ there caused me to stop early and not visit it since. Eidolon and the Tridolon? hunts are the worst on me. I may have completed 4 at most. I've worn sunglasses, etc to no avail. 

So before I get another snippy reply, this and all other games are and should be playable by everyone. Some companies have a warning when loading up everyday that seizures are possible, etc. Does it mean that I can't enjoy this amazing game? Can't I too have some fun in my life and leave the life of living with multiple disabilities? Yes, I can have those things but forcibly locking items behind specific quests or whatever makes me believe that these companies are feeding their algorithms to get more players to do stuff that is otherwise not popular

6 minutes ago, chacachaca13 said:

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but were the parts to assemble k-drives locked behind the races in Orb Vallis? I am old and have some permanent brain dysfunction but as I recall, we used our default drive at first and then we could purchase new pieces at our leisure. Right? Now the 4 pieces are rewarded for doing races in Cambion Drift. This is what I would consider a forced requirement with cringe mechanics. I have avoided The Vault stuff and more specifically the 5 regular missions as nuch as possible due to me disability. Frequent seizures and massive migraines for a day to two after because of the landscape. The k-drive races were not so bad in OV but trying to do them in CD while twitching and having eye spasms from the landscape is near impossible. 

The k-drives give you MR points and we all know that every point counts if you want to reach the highest level possible. Same with Railjack and Tridolon hunts, more specifically the final one with all the flashy lights, etc. The vertigo inducing missions in RJ there caused me to stop early and not visit it since. Eidolon and the Tridolon? hunts are the worst on me. I may have completed 4 at most. I've worn sunglasses, etc to no avail. 

So before I get another snippy reply, this and all other games are and should be playable by everyone. Some companies have a warning when loading up everyday that seizures are possible, etc. Does it mean that I can't enjoy this amazing game? Can't I too have some fun in my life and leave the life of living with multiple disabilities? Yes, I can have those things but forcibly locking items behind specific quests or whatever makes me believe that these companies are feeding their algorithms to get more players to do stuff that is otherwise not popular

On the first point acquisition shares similarities because this ISN'T our first Kdrive, this is simply a new board, just like the other ones we had to grind for that took FAR longer to acquire by the way. 

Something tells me that getting this kdrive will not get you to MR 30 will it? So that point is null and void and besides, this update released I think it was 43k MR so you don't need everything anymore to hit that max rank. 

As for this "I can't enjoy this game" it's a SKIN mate, that's all. This does not stop you from playing the content that you already enjoy with your already kitted out kdrive. I don't have every skin in the game, does this make my enjoyment less? And while I can sympathise with your condition, please don't play the sympathy card like so many others. It hasn't stopped you playing the game that's obvious, so don't resort to that when people disagree with your points. 

4 minutes ago, DogsConkers said:

keep at it batman I've tried about 50 times and still struggling ignore the unhelpful comments we'll get there

I don't believe the title of the topic was "help me complete the kdrive races". I'm happy to offer tips for that too if people want them.

21 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

On the first point acquisition shares similarities because this ISN'T our first Kdrive, this is simply a new board, just like the other ones we had to grind for that took FAR longer to acquire by the way. 

Something tells me that getting this kdrive will not get you to MR 30 will it? So that point is null and void and besides, this update released I think it was 43k MR so you don't need everything anymore to hit that max rank. 

As for this "I can't enjoy this game" it's a SKIN mate, that's all. This does not stop you from playing the content that you already enjoy with your already kitted out kdrive. I don't have every skin in the game, does this make my enjoyment less? And while I can sympathise with your condition, please don't play the sympathy card like so many others. It hasn't stopped you playing the game that's obvious, so don't resort to that when people disagree with your points. 

I don't recall saying that I couldn't enjoy the game and without context, people will not understand why some content is extremely difficult for me/us with disabilities. Then we have to listen to those players go on about how easy things are, etc. Resorting to my condition is something I never do unless it is to give context. So please don't throw it back in my face. I never use my handicap card while parking and even though in less than a year I'll be in a wheelchair, I want to enjoy the days I can walk on my own for the most part. I do not need a pity party and I was trying to clarify my reason for the pain of doing this particular thing. I also try not to mention it because it is not ny intent to make people feel bad for not knowing. Some people are cold and could care less about those with disabilities. I want to live my life "nornally" for as long as I can. But having players laugh at my post and then signal boost how something isn't that hard for them is also not helpful. Some people find content easier than others. I get that and marvel at those who can do amazing things in games. I subscribe to their cannels or watch them stream on Twitch. I have never demanded anything from game developers because I know that I'm in the minority and it would suck if my request changed difficulty level for the majority. Hooe this makes sense and I do appreciate all friendly help. I found my answers.

22 minutes ago, DogsConkers said:

keep at it batman I've tried about 50 times and still struggling ignore the unhelpful comments we'll get there

I'll admit that I didn't realize that only SPECIFIC races gave up the parts. This was most definitely not stated in DE's message. As usual, it was cryptic and if it wasn't for the helpful and friendly community combined with Wiki, we'd be lost. To your point, I did keep hammering away and finally got the three pieces that were available yesterday. Thanks for your words of support. Take care and God bless

Archived