Remove the Isolation Vault requirement for new bounties.

anarchy753

I agree. If you wanted to make sure players had done the original isolation vaults to unlock the ability to do the new ones sure, but a lot of players doing the new vaults only want to do the new vaults and making them do the old ones every time feels like padding. Imagine if you had to do Profit Taker Bounties 1-3 before each Profit Taker run?

i think rewards not good for that missions.

i played 2 hours for isolation vault 1-2-3 and new bounties for same mission...

i didnt get any new reward :)

no new weapon parts, new arcanes or new anothers.

just endo and necramech redirection...

because of you are really right.

2 hours ago, anarchy753 said:

Nobody is enjoying this. 30 minutes of filler, time-gate and progression blocking before we're allowed to ATTEMPT grinding the new bounties, and then we're capped on how many we're allowed to attempt.

This is downright insane.

I have to agree. I already got what I needed from Isolation Vaults. It’s currently an unnecessary filler.

At this point I'd even be happy with "Operation 'Open the damn holes.'" Where as a community we do a weekend event to just permanently open the tunnels so we don't have to suffer through this bullS#&$ again.

Twice today I've tried to do 3 vaults then 3 bounties. On the first we got 1 stage into the first bounty and then the infested mist wouldn't let us interact with the fissures, so we just had to give up, and it wouldn't even fail to let us restart the bounty. On the second the host migrated us all halfway through the 2nd iso vault and it re-locked all the bounties. I'm really just over this S#&$ and I haven't even been allowed to TRY to grind it yet. And we're meant to do this for 103 arcanes on top of the weapons.

8 hours ago, anarchy753 said:

Nobody is enjoying this. 30 minutes of filler, time-gate and progression blocking before we're allowed to ATTEMPT grinding the new bounties, and then we're capped on how many we're allowed to attempt.

Wait, what? You have to run all three Iso bounties every time before you can even try the new bounties? This doesn't make any sense. Is that seriously how it works?

4 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Wait, what? You have to run all three Iso bounties every time before you can even try the new bounties? This doesn't make any sense. Is that seriously how it works?

Yes. Each vault you do unlocks a different tier of the bounties. Doing only one vault only unlocks the lowest tier bounty which has no weapon parts, and the lowest drop rate for arcanes. It's utterly sadistic.

1 hour ago, anarchy753 said:

Yes. Each vault you do unlocks a different tier of the bounties. Doing only one vault only unlocks the lowest tier bounty which has no weapon parts, and the lowest drop rate for arcanes. It's utterly sadistic.

That... Is horrifying. I'll admit - I was looking forward to doing A FEW Iso Bounties since I'd stopped doing them for a while, but not as a gate to other bounties with RNG drops behind them. This is Kuva Liches all over again. Grind so you can grind so you can get a shot at low-chance RNG. And here I thought the 20 or so Scintillant I'd need for the new stuff was the worst of it. I hope this is unintentional. God I hope. Becuause if not, this would be another example of "genuinely good game fundamentally undermined by its own progression system."

I just did this with clan mates and I don't think I'll do it again.

Weapon parts are in t2 and t3 bounty drop tables so to unlock these bounties you have to do at least t2 iso vaults before you can even start them. Weapon parts are all 5% to 15% drops from 1 stage of each bounty set. The drop tables are stuffed with drops that I consider to be cruel like endo and orokin matrices. The arcanes are mostly sub 10% drops. There are quite a few necramech mods in these tables with substantially higher drop rates than from iso vault necramech kills so if you don't have those already, these are a more reliable way to get them. If you have them already then it feels really bad because the new stuff you want is pretty low drop rate and it takes ages to get there.

We did 90 minutes with a Wisp/Nekros/Khora/Vauban to get 1 weapon part (arum spinosa rivet) and the vacuumer feels sort of essential to do some bounty stages quickly and get the optional objectives. There is a lot of time gating and repetition in the bounties but some of it may already be familiar if you have done lots of Deimos bounties already i.e. charge the purifier and then go pick up flora. Do that 5 times. Wait around for infested pig to dig up truffles and do that 3 times etc.

9 hours ago, (PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

I hope it's not intended,  but nobody knows because DE don't talk about that 

Wooooow. 

Well, I really hope they change that, because there goes my enthusiasm to try out the new content... right out the window.

I just... with all the host migrations, and glitches still, and my computer occasionally being spotty... that just breaks me right there. Too much longwinded stuff to do, that has to go right without a glitch to get to the rest, and I thought it was going to be just once to unlock, not every time. 

Terrible, terrible design. 

On 2020-11-22 at 2:23 AM, Tesseract7777 said:

Well, I really hope they change that, because there goes my enthusiasm to try out the new content... right out the window.

You can still get few weapons without doing it (or at least finishing, I think)... however I feel it too.

On 2020-11-22 at 2:23 AM, Tesseract7777 said:

I just... with all the host migrations, and glitches still, and my computer occasionally being spotty... that just breaks me right there. Too much longwinded stuff to do, that has to go right without a glitch to get to the rest, and I thought it was going to be just once to unlock, not every time. 

And add players that are "not so good". They might beat it but it would take long time. And at the end there is chance that they won't get weapon's parts. I'm one of them. I would be fine if it was 100% chance but I don't want to try Vaults if it means hour(s) to get nothing (and even days in game just to get required parts).

On 2020-11-20 at 11:24 PM, Heavywpnguinea said:

I agree. If you wanted to make sure players had done the original isolation vaults to unlock the ability to do the new ones sure, but a lot of players doing the new vaults only want to do the new vaults and making them do the old ones every time feels like padding. Imagine if you had to do Profit Taker Bounties 1-3 before each Profit Taker run?

200.gif

On 2020-11-21 at 2:24 PM, Heavywpnguinea said:

Don't give them ideas

The time it takes to get a CHANCE at getting the new arcanes is like 5 times an eidolon fight, this is just ridiculous, IF we clean out the drop tables put a lot of stuff and perhaps all of arcanes in the loid shop and then we will see who plays those arcana bountines, yes NO ONE!

Instead of putting ridiculous time gates how about we make them either more accessible by having access to T2 and T3 Bounties right after the first vault is open
or you could just make them rewarding enough, meaning you remove a good chunk of stuff from drop tables and put them in the shop! and then we will have much more chances at getting what we want, but i still think having to get 21 of each arcane that has a 6% drop chance which takes about 30 minutes to just be able to start is simply ridiculous. i think all arcanes must be in shop tbh!

For real, you already have to grind new vaults countless times for how many things there are and some have low drop chance, plus new vaults are not short on their own. Plus bugs can ruin progress and deny you rewards - waste of too much time.

Padding it with mandatory old vaults is only turning people away completely. Says a lot when even hardcore "need to collect everything" players are rejecting this insanely padded timesink grind.

The way those missions work is ridiculous. Public matchmaking is useless, it takes forever to get to the one you want. I think allowing to select your level (T1-3) at the start would help a lot, if they really want to keep the first mission to open thing.

The best approach is to do the tier 1-3 isolation vaults, then leave your team do the bounties you want solo. As a solo player you can also repeat the bounties as often as you want. But still it is a terrible design having to spend 30-40 min doing bounties you don't really want anymore before having a shot at content you wanted to access in the first place. Usually half or more of the team has different idea which leads to host migrations and lost XP. I wouldn't even mind the XP loss if the Necramechs weren't such a pain in this regard.

Archived