Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE's inability to standardise their colour systems.

Carnage2K4

Too busy with "revisions" of things that cost them money, which ironically are things people paid for - I don't know if that's a paradox?

Though, much worse with frames and weapons, where the texture type will change the color, frames have forced colors for certain parts, and the decals are all haywire.

This one ash helmet I got, has 3 different color tabs interacting with the tail of the helmet. And, the texture of the helmet is different than the body texture, so have fun getting something going there.

So coloring my legs adds an assymetrical stripe down my helmet like they threw paint at me... okay great, yeah that makes sense.

I haven't seen any decals in the whole game look good and on top, all design has to be clay spikes like nekros or khora.

But hey yeah sure let's go find some other fun we can murder for people god forbid they actually enjoy playing it. Slave grind to insanity or nothing.

Grendal locator defense map mode is how we really need the game, just think of how long it would last then?!?!11

1 hour ago, Carnage2K4 said:

DE!
why-do-you-5aedbf.jpg

same thing with several Deluxe skins. they should NEVER force two different textures to adopt the same color, because it doesn't always work as intended on both textures. classic example here with black being Fine on Matte surfaces but terrible for Orokin ornamentation. personally I managed to get a decent gold effect on the machines (the parts that are "poo brown" on yours), and decent Orokin white/Neutral setups so I'm never changing my ship. but I do wish they would just either stop making different textures share a colour, or better yet: let us change textures. EVEN ANTHEM HAD THAT! ANTHEM!!! 

The colors are standarized, wich they need to adress is the material, since the color gets a tone depending on wich material is (and you can clearly see it in your screenshots)

This happens in everything honestly, and I agree they need to do something about it because is annoying as hell, but I don't know how they can do such thing, they'll need to look for an equivalent for the same color for each texture? Sounds unlikely.

2 hours ago, vanaukas said:

The colors are standarized, wich they need to adress is the material, since the color gets a tone depending on wich material is (and you can clearly see it in your screenshots)

This happens in everything honestly, and I agree they need to do something about it because is annoying as hell, but I don't know how they can do such thing, they'll need to look for an equivalent for the same color for each texture? Sounds unlikely.

If they are standardised or not is perception.
If you're looking at; that the textures are fine, but not assigned to the correct colour channel then they are not standardised (this is my perception)
If you're looking at; that the textures are being applied to incorrect surfaces (or missing a metallic texture) but are on the correct channel then that is a seperate way to see it (which is your perception).

Either way, non-metallic and metallic textures are being applied to the same channel which leaves me personally with a choice of nice gold with areas of poo brown, or no metallics and I'll just remove the twitch Prime drop ornaments.

Archived