Toxic farmers and reports

I'm here to talk about toxic farmers and if reports do something or its just to make you feel good.

Toxic farmers, those kind of players that go farming and keep insulting and giving orders to everyone;
" - Don't move, don't shoot, stay here, are you idiot, you piece of sh*t, etc, etc."
I always leave mission and report them.. but now my doubt is;
Does reporting someone do something ?
I reported this rude kid twice, he is still there, insulting everyone on every mission for sure.. I just put an "Ignore" on this player.
Is it a waste of time doing a report ?
I don't find many but still a few per week, I usually don't even bother to answer back, just leave mission and report.. 
But if chat can serve as evidence how about mic insults? Its your word vs his.

Edited by HukDalv

It likely takes a combination of reports over a period of time from different sources and maybe in bulk actions to multiple repeat offenders. They would also not tell the exact methods anyway so offenders cant ride the line of their system. Don't expect immediate results.

Report, move on.

Edited by Firetempest

Giving orders? There are times is appropriate. Eg. Asking someone to stay in a group, or slow down killing, especially in survival or relic fissures and murmur farms. These shouldn't be reported it not the askers that a wrong in these situations. Nobody likes wasted time because everyone goes off exploring in different directions and spawns slow or reactant cannot drop because everything is dead to quick because of spawn chasing or bad case of speed nuke. Some players take offense even at this. Just trying to say here asking / giving orders doesn't make them necessarily in the wrong. Another example it Could be the tenno stood next to extraction and player say either go or get back with the group.

Being rude, insulting, harrasment yes report it. Screen shot the entire conversation, not just 1 part so the conversation is in full context not just a snap shoot edit. Yes DE do take note and either warn or ban as they see necessary

• Like 6

It's your side of the facts and what triggers questionnings is the fact that the player who "insulted" you, gave you pointers before hand. It's public groups man, either you acknowledge other person desires/thoughts and deal with them, or you go elsewhere minding your own business, it's kindergarden level. Whining on forums about your own social interactions makes you the bully.

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 5

Reporting can take a bit of time before getting treated. The support player desk tends to be very busy. It's also perfectly possible these people already got warned but are still misbehaving.

Support will not give you the result of their actions towards another player though : moderation stuff is considered private.

2 hours ago, HukDalv said:

I'm here to talk about toxic farmers and if reports do something or its just to make you feel good.

Toxic farmers, those kind of players that go farming and keep insulting and giving orders to everyone;
" - Don't move, don't shoot, stay here, are you idiot, you piece of sh*t, etc, etc."
I reported this rude kid twice, he is still there, insulting everyone on every mission for sure.. I just put an "Ignore" on this player.
I don't find many but still a few per week, I usually don't even bother to answer back, just leave mission and report.. 

Like in all MMOs, the developers don't want to ban people unless it might hurt the company image because they might buy something and if you don't pay someone to look through the reports, you can save money. For short: It's pointless.

• Like 1

Agree with most of what you said.

But if its the new kill 30 bounty, I ask you to stop killing and you proceed to tell me I'm toxic, I'm not the issue.

I don't expect everyone to know what to do, but if someone gives me an instruction about an event I'm unfammiliar with, I tend to take note.

• Like 3
vor 3 Stunden schrieb Galuf:

It's your side of the facts and what triggers questionnings is the fact that the player who "insulted" you, gave you pointers before hand. It's public groups man, either you acknowledge other person desires/thoughts and deal with them, or you go elsewhere minding your own business, it's kindergarden level. Whining on forums about your own social interactions makes you the bully.

if the group is too "toxic", you can also fish or collect ores. I don't want to have anything to do with any ****.
but warframe is very well programmed and most of the content can easily be played solo, even in groups.
therefore any leechers or beginners were hardly a problem until now.

If you decide to join a premade squad, then you are supposed to listen to the host's plan to have an effective farm, if everyone brings whatever frames they like, then we better just join any random public squad. However, if it is a random squad, you can ask him to shut up and go to recruit chat to get the specific team he wants. You can screenshot the chat as proof of his rudeness and submit a report to DE supports with your explanation. If he keeps on spreading toxin, he will get suspended. 

6 hours ago, HukDalv said:

I think for like all my playtime i bumped into 1-2 people like that but I usually take them as "content " and have fun with it .

what i usually do is making screenshots (via F6, ingame) make a copy of the EE.log and send a report out of the 'incident', this way the support have all the necessary data and names if they deem it necessary to warn or ban someone. i only do this in the more severe cases though, someone being an insufferable arsehead or thinking himself a little napoleon isn't enough to bother or them to get punished (hopefully for them that i never met them in RL, though else i'd let my fists do the reporting ^^)

only the more annoying pricks get a cosy place on my ignore-list and only the very rude ones gets the report-to treatment. if it help? who knows, but i guess if someone is often reported from different sources, at least they will have an eye on them for a good while and maybe do some 'educational' measures too...

some things the OP has to realize though:

• the person might not be 'mentally mature' yet (or ever ^^) and can't be blamed too much for a rude behavior... and it doesn't really helps that the game is by declaration for above 16 of age only
  • the offender might not using his/her native tounge in the chat and reads as rude even though didn't mean it as such... the finer points of a language can be difficult at times, even in one owns mother language ^^)
  • the point of view: you might have offended the 'offender' first without even realizing it - some people just tick a bit strange or have a very thin hide on them, or again, didn't get a harmless commend from you due to linguistic differences. hell i remember a girl getting piѕѕed at me for talking about walking a certain uphill road being a good way to exercise oneself and claimed that i said she were fat - which she wasn't and i never even thought... and that was in our own native language. in short: language, written or spoken is on hell of a fuzzy thing and best not seen as a precise instrument.
  • Like 2

I think reporting players who are bossy/giving orders during farming is you wasting DE's time.

It's an issue you can resolve For Yourself without asking Support to step in. Either use your big boy words and tell the other person what you want, or Leave Squad if you don't have the Assertiveness to do that.

No need to go calling your mom. Grow some skin.

• Like 1

Normally, i would say pretend to go along with it (but don't), this kind of attitude usually backfires at some point on the person believing they have some kind of authority over other's actions and that's how it's going to hurt the most.

If they have anything to say about it, just ignore them.

But in this case, just skip the first part and ignore them, paying no attention to them.

You wouldn't want to listen to this sort of person you're talking about anyways.

I wouldn't rely on reports tbh., the ignore button is more dependable and straightforward, but it really needs to be improved upon by some possible matchmaking-affecting additions.

13 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

And keep in mind that ignoring someone doesn't stop them from potentially being randomly matched up with you in a public game. 

Yup. 

11 hours ago, Galuf said:

Ah yes. How dare he not just passively accept whatever toxicity is sent his way and shut up about it like a good little punching bag. This comment sounds like something a bully would say.

13 hours ago, HukDalv said:

Heres the way i see it. 

1) in a public squad no other player is "your boss". 

2) if a player wants to pretend theyre youre boss and crawl up your ass about something ive found the best thing to do is just not respond.

3) they want to take it far enough dont feed into it. Just take a screenshot to the support desk and move on.

• Like 5
il y a 38 minutes, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA a dit :

Fair enough, I gave my opinion pretty assertively and it can be taken as bully. You have been pretty agressive toward my arguments, wich can be also interpreted as bullying. So in the end maybe I'm wrong, but your hardcore SSJW stance is imho worse. I'm gonna peace out now and check my privileges elsewhere.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Yup. 

Ah yes. How dare he not just passively accept whatever toxicity is sent his way and shut up about it like a good little punching bag. This comment sounds like something a bully would say.

Heres the way i see it. 

1) in a public squad no other player is "your boss". 

2) if a player wants to pretend theyre youre boss and crawl up your ass about something ive found the best thing to do is just not respond.

3) they want to take it far enough dont feed into it. Just take a screenshot to the support desk and move on.

I dont think he sounds like a bully, its straight up facts, there will always be better players than you and who may give u advice or tips.

If you take offense at someone giving you pointers and you feel like he is trying to "backseat drive" your game, then that's more of a you problem because i dont know, maybe you think you are better? Or you jsut wanna have fun and not be a tryhard? Or u for some reason have something against other people ordering u around.

Also yes, he should just shut up, if he can't take te toxicity then, leave? There is an option for u to just leave. No need to be so butthurt and come crying about it on forums, UNLESS he actually insulted u and acted like a racists or something like that.

This is what i think at least.

• Like 1

Context?

Let me get this straight:
You're just walking along, minding your own business, having no effect on other players whatsoever and then a "toxic farmer" farmer materializes out of the blue just just to call you a "f***ing idiot"? I have firm suspicion that you're leaving an important detail out.

Speaking from personal experience, when everybody know what to do, everybody stays quiet and works towards completion (except for few diligent people who like to curate failable bosses fights). 

Whenever, I got called an idiot, It was normally well deserved, because I was doing something stupid, that would negatively affect the rest of the team (either by not knowing mechanics or just not noticing I was doing it, like pulling a lure away before eidolon kill).

And more often than not, people need instructions like "stop shooting", because mesas like to nuke mobs outside target area, when objective clearly states "kill ... inside ...". Hell, I even need them myself sometimes, because farming gets so tedious, I go on autopilot, and don't even notice how my actions start slowing everyone down. For all they know I could be trolling, to prevent their success and asking to stop is the most reasonable thing to do.

If I am wrong and you got called an idiot for no reason, provide the context. That way one of us will definitely be proven wrong.

To answer your question: If that happened, yes do report the person. If you're at fault, the person will not receive more reports and nothing will happen to them. If you were not at fault, then they must be doing that all the time, and your report will add to the pile that will result in punishment.

Edited by Jitsuryoku
  • Like 1

once you ignore you should just move on. he can't talk at you any more. i just assume reports do nothing though especially chat spam/offensive lang./ etc. I think this one time, i saw some guy post some really vulgar sexual poop in q&a and after i reported (others too i assume it was pretty active with helpers posting answers) the message stayed until new messages pushed it out the top of the chatbox. pretty sure someone needs like a billion reports to get them on mods' radar.

or maybe it's just like a stuffed bear sitting at the moderators computer while they go out n get a coffee and a scone 0_o

Edited by (XBOX)x ARTaco x
Eddy: wrong word