Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do I have to download the new patch in one go or was there something wrong?

Husbandry

Question

9.5GB is kind of big for my S#&$ty internet. Sudden dc is common and I noticed that I'm back to 9.5GB to download everytime it happens or when the launcher is restarted... This wan't an issue before, I could chip away at the patch no matter how many dc there is.

Hopefully it's just an issue on my side that I can fix.

5 answers to this question

hmm... Consider turning off bulk download.

If you need to know, the 9.5GB are updated textures. Once its done, you game will actually REDUCE its storage space consumption by roughly the same amount.

Other than turning off bulk download (Although I don't recommend it) you can't really do anything else.

Considering leaving it to download overnight. (even if the internet is slow, if it is stable, it should be fine.)

If you've checked some of the recent patch notes (and if you haven't played in a bit), DE has worked on 'ensmallening' the overall data files and space the game takes up. Unfortunately, this means having to redownload a large portion of the data because of the new way files are being compressed. It's a case of 'Download X amount of data, reduce space used by X amount + Y amount'.

On 2020-11-22 at 1:02 AM, Aadi880 said:

hmm... Consider turning off bulk download.

If you need to know, the 9.5GB are updated textures. Once its done, you game will actually REDUCE its storage space consumption by roughly the same amount.

Other than turning off bulk download (Although I don't recommend it) you can't really do anything else.

Considering leaving it to download overnight. (even if the internet is slow, if it is stable, it should be fine.)

It worked, thank you. 2GB was added after disabling it though... is that why it's not recommended?

1 hour ago, Husbandry said:

It worked, thank you. 2GB was added after disabling it though... is that why it's not recommended?

Bulk Download downloads all update packages as a single package.   Disabling it downloads the different update packages individually,  which may be bigger if there are redundancies,  yes.  

Archived